PDA

View Full Version : PSO Mods are you Arkz or Hunters in ep3?

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 03:55 PM
If so please tell us which one you like better. I will probaly be an Arkz cause I wanna use monsters. BTW Duping will suck if it happens. You get and lose exp from winning or Losing. If duping happens I will have to dupe if I want to level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
So which Class is better (In your Opinion)
Arkz
or
Hunters

LollipopLolita
Aug 18, 2003, 03:56 PM
all of us have both arkz and hunter decks. and we play depending on the other person's chosen deck, battlefield and mood.

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 03:58 PM
I thought you would have 2 characters. Do any of you have a favorite?

LollipopLolita
Aug 18, 2003, 04:02 PM
you can have multiple decks. and no no real favorites, i mean, i get some new ranger weapon cards so i play my ranger, or i get new force weapons and i play my forces, same with arkzs. but i tend to play my hune more since it's a bit flexible. i like the fact that i cna play multiple deck classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-18 14:03 ]</font>

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 04:05 PM
I can just imagine it now. With an Arkz you have the chance to comand an Army of Rappys! but one problem, can you only play 1 of the same card (I gotta read your F&Q again lol)

LollipopLolita
Aug 18, 2003, 04:12 PM
there's a limit to how many you can equip or how many monsters you can set on the battlefield. and sometimes, like let's say you have a mega weapon equipped, or a big monster set like a hildebear, then you can set a lot of other monsters or equip a lot of other weapons. in this way, it's more balanced

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 04:14 PM
Ok cool. By the way I heard there are Boss cards. I assume you can only play one boss at a time. Are the boss cards (If there are any) the bosses from Episode I&II?

LollipopLolita
Aug 18, 2003, 04:16 PM
i've only seen and gotten minibosses and not the big bosses. i'll take some pics of them if i get high enough dice rolls. i'm planning on taking more battle pics and pics of the monsters

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ok cool. I just hope (and pray) duping will not be used in this game. Think of it. Someone playing Gal Griffon, Olga Flow, and Dark Falz. Then you a fair and legit player trys to hold on. But this game looks awsome. I might import the JPN version if you can change the language to English cause I can't wait till Q1.

Saladwood
Aug 18, 2003, 04:34 PM
Both are fun, except an arkz on the first, small, map is really crap since you're open for all attacks, unlike hunters who have cards you have to break through to hurt them.

LollipopLolita
Aug 18, 2003, 04:34 PM
no one side is better, it depends on how you play and whatever suits you. some battlefields suck for some classes. like lapis, the small forest one, is bad for arkzs.

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 04:43 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see the new storyline. I think I will just start out with an Arkz. Dunno what class.

Para
Aug 18, 2003, 05:03 PM
Would you guys recommend larger maps with like enviromental obstacles? Thats what Im looking for in the full version.

LollipopLolita
Aug 18, 2003, 05:05 PM
monsters can act like one since if you don't want to kill them (if they ahve high hp) you're gonna have to walk around them.

but i'm damn sure the full release will have more maps with varied sizes. there is no possible way they can release a full version with 3 maps and expect people to play it that much.

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 05:07 PM
hehe 3 maps is way too much for ST to ever do. Be proud of em! lol

Para
Aug 18, 2003, 05:15 PM
I just hope there's more depth to the game like better maps... so far the current maps are too plain and its no fun. There should be like some exploring like fog of war. Run around in like Jungle until you suddenly uncover a part with enemies and you fight them!

Or a map where there are some dummy monsters that you just kill to earn some bonus cards while you are searching for the opponent.

Saladwood
Aug 18, 2003, 05:51 PM
I would hope they include more interesting maps. Right now the three are alright, but don't really allow much variation of gameplay.

Built in obsticles, maybe huge maps that you can move more spaces on would probably make it more intersting.

Who knows, gotta see where ST takes the battle maps, because that's what really needs to be worked on. The cards and characters are actually really balanced right now. (except for the rate that you get good cards, and number you get after each battle!)

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 07:40 PM
They will have better maps I hope...

Kanore
Aug 18, 2003, 09:04 PM
3 maps with an online download is NOT fun.

Para
Aug 18, 2003, 09:40 PM
What about the characters? I looked at the stats and it seems like Sil'fer is the strongest out of stat wise in the whole HUnters catagory. I mean some other characters don't even have a total of 4 stat points (ap + mv + tp)
example:
Name: Guykild
Class: Racast
HP: 15
AP: 1
TP: 0
MV: 2
Ain't that an imbalance?
And comparing Sil'fer to like Teifu. Sil'fer surpasses Teifu in all stats and Teifu is a Humanoid (which I expected to have higher AP than a HUnewearl)
Could you explain why SEGA did these?

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 10:32 PM
I am just happy I can use all classes. Sometimes I want to use a FOmarl (like now) but I haven't made one. This was you can be any class

joluh
Aug 18, 2003, 10:50 PM
they could do some more things for only offline, i mean not everyone who buys the game can play online...

oh well btw i'd probbably pick a Hunter Force or an Arkz Hunter

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 10:57 PM
Arkz only can use their default weapon if I am not mistaken. They are all class A Rares which is good. But as I understand it those are the only weapons they can use because they can use monsters and Hunters cannot. But the Hunters don't have any default weapons because they can use weapons. I{ am not so sure... I really wish I had the Trial!!! lol

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 01:15 AM
you know your answers can always be found here

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Episode+3

Reece
Aug 19, 2003, 01:29 AM
Yea I know. I just like disscusing it. I have looked at that page about 30 times a day lol

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 01:40 AM
So all you can do online is battle? I hope not =S
If thats the case the story only goes on offline?

Para
Aug 19, 2003, 01:45 AM
my answer isnt really there lolita =/

-STE-
Aug 19, 2003, 02:02 AM
Stages are 4 not 3 only 1 is online only 1 is offline only.

You can equip total 8 ponts cards this mean if you equip or put down a big monster or a strong weapon that have 7 points (points is yellow circle on cards) after you can only equip a small card like an handgun.

So noone use this strong cards.

I always equip 2 ponts cards like meckgun, partisan.

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 02:04 AM
On 2003-08-19 00:02, -STE- wrote:
Stages are 4 not 3 only 1 is online only 1 is offline only.

You can equip total 8 ponts cards this mean if you equip or put down a big monster or a strong weapon that have 7 points (points is yellow circle on cards) after you can only equip a small card like an handgun.

So noone use this strong cards.

I always equip 2 ponts cards like meckgun, partisan.

uhh....what?

-STE-
Aug 19, 2003, 02:38 AM
http://www.phantasystaronline.it/episode3/cards/redCard_boss.jpg

Just wakeup zzzzzzz

You see this cards? it have 7 yellows circles (points of cards)

During a game you can only use a total of 8 points at same time.
Ex you can use this miniboss and at same time only another 1 point card like a rappy hehehe.

You cant use infinite cards at same time.

Dark Flow have 7 points too and if you use it with a heroside after you can use only a 1 point card like a handgun.

When your card is broken you can use another.

AndyPandy
Aug 19, 2003, 02:42 AM
In answer your question, I prefer ARKS as you get to control a Rappy...nuff said.

Para
Aug 19, 2003, 11:29 AM
On 2003-08-18 19:40, Nites wrote:
What about the characters? I looked at the stats and it seems like Sil'fer is the strongest out of stat wise in the whole HUnters catagory. I mean some other characters don't even have a total of 4 stat points (ap + mv + tp)
example:
Name: Guykild
Class: Racast
HP: 15
AP: 1
TP: 0
MV: 2
Ain't that an imbalance?
And comparing Sil'fer to like Teifu. Sil'fer surpasses Teifu in all stats and Teifu is a Humanoid (which I expected to have higher AP than a HUnewearl)
Could you explain why SEGA did these?

STE could you answer my question since lolita cant provide an answer?

-STE-
Aug 19, 2003, 12:54 PM
Yes Sil'fer is a good characters this is true.

But hucaseal is very good at same way because she is more strong for some attack like combined card attack i try using some card that do 8 9 hp damage on others characters on her and hucast too do only 4 5 of damage.

This stats is not all in the game some characters have good ability on something others in another things.

Hope you understand.

Reece
Aug 19, 2003, 01:13 PM
I wanna control Epsilon and Ill Gills. Rappy Army!

Weaponslash
Aug 19, 2003, 02:15 PM
Hmmm.May i ask if there is a compatibility between EP 1 and 2 with 3 in any way at all?(Concerning save data).I know this off topic but i really want to know

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 02:49 PM
sorry nites, i was busy with some other things.

anyhow in addition to what ste said, yes it's true sil'fer is a good character, and he's right i like the hucaseal and racaseal too. but don't underestimate the power of a good arkz player. monsters set can get to you. and if a good arkz and a good hunter teams up and they know what to do and how to play together, it's a very good combo.

but yes, each character has their own special ability and attack style that makes up for what they lack in stats.

i know that both ste and i use sil'fer a lot, but you also have to think about how some weapons can only be equipped by some classes, which balances it out.

i think sil'fer is also nice since you can use some tech cards and if you equip some tp+ boosting weapons then that also pumps the power of her techs. of course, it is in no way comparable to a force with high tp.

does that help a bit?

Para
Aug 19, 2003, 03:13 PM
Could you expand abit on the abilities on each character?

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 03:29 PM
I would except I can't read JP on the cards.

This is what I got off the ST site (ps i know the names there aren't updated yet, i will do it soon)

http://www.pso-world.com/episode3.php

oh and don't forget, arkzs can be fun too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-19 13:35 ]</font>

Reece
Aug 19, 2003, 04:29 PM
I can't wait for this game...

Flowen-Wing
Aug 19, 2003, 10:32 PM
A question that is makeing me ponder is, That card of Gibbles has 7 circles when you the circles represent the ATK that must be used to summon the card. But how in the heck do you roll a seven to summon that? Can somebody clear this up? Thanks alot in advance.

PS- Cant wait till I can import this game. Its gonna be better than Ep 1 and 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saladwood
Aug 19, 2003, 10:37 PM
you will get a 7 dice if the battle lasts really long, i believe. I've also gotten an 8 before.

I think it happens more frequently in tournmaments.

Flowen-Wing
Aug 19, 2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for clearin it up. I was wonderin. I really hope dupes dont ruin this game. Just imagine deck filled with TJ-Swords. Dark Flows. Mini Bosses. Falz. Olga Flow. God I hope they dont mess with this game.

-STE-
Aug 20, 2003, 03:40 AM
You can do 9 with dice i did it one time i think is the max normally you ATK set do 4 7 8 is very rare must be lucky.

About dupe you can have dark flow and what you want but you dont win easy im sure i can kill very easy who use this cards hehehe.

-STE-
Aug 20, 2003, 03:43 AM
On 2003-08-19 13:13, Nites wrote:
Could you expand abit on the abilities on each character?

All in jp is too hard i understand only a little with playing.

Some Cards have like 4 5 pages of jp languages where they explain theyr ability.

Para
Aug 21, 2003, 03:20 PM
4-5 pages... wow thats pretty long unless font size is like 48 or something lol

Kanore
Aug 21, 2003, 03:39 PM
On 2003-08-19 20:44, Flowen-Wing wrote:
Thanks for clearin it up. I was wonderin. I really hope dupes dont ruin this game. Just imagine deck filled with TJ-Swords. Dark Flows. Mini Bosses. Falz. Olga Flow. God I hope they dont mess with this game.

Actually, the rare weapons aren't godlike anymore as I have heard. A Partisan can be more useful than a TJ or something like that.

DualHydra
Aug 21, 2003, 04:28 PM
im gonna be using Lufina. that red slicer might come in handy.

-STE-
Aug 22, 2003, 05:22 AM
On 2003-08-21 13:20, Nites wrote:
4-5 pages... wow thats pretty long unless font size is like 48 or something lol

4 5 line of kanji for page maybe not a lot

But normal cards have only 1 page other have more like dark flow it say something about low hp....

fenixthahunter
Aug 23, 2003, 04:16 AM
but how about the rare styeem. I see you guys got alot cards of rare stuf.. no rare's ?

-DangerousDj-
Aug 23, 2003, 09:50 AM
On 2003-08-19 20:32, Flowen-Wing wrote:
A question that is makeing me ponder is, That card of Gibbles has 7 circles when you the circles represent the ATK that must be used to summon the card. But how in the heck do you roll a seven to summon that? Can somebody clear this up? Thanks alot in advance.

You can use a yellow card (2 rocks on it) that make the dice 6-6 every turn, then use another dice +1. This makes the dice 7-7 every turn. The com hune does this online to use cards like Epslion, Gibbles and Delbiter. Trouble is it usally takes her 3+ turns to get a monster out on the feild..