PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen

MisguidedGamer
Aug 18, 2003, 07:46 PM
Whats the difference other than the atp?

VioletSkye
Aug 18, 2003, 07:50 PM
Frozen shooter combos, Snow Queen penetrates.

You barely beat me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-18 17:52 ]</font>

Bit
Aug 18, 2003, 07:50 PM
Frozen Shooter can combo, Snow Queen cannot.

Frozen Shooter can only freeze one enemy, Snow Queen can freeze more then one.

Bit
Aug 18, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-08-18 17:50, VioletSkye wrote:
Frozen shooter combos, Snow Queen penetrates.

You barely beat me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-18 17:52 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Personally, I think the Frozen Shooter has a better time then the Snow Queen, Just the combo ability has it beat right there. It's a little difficult to line up enemies 100% of the time.

VioletSkye
Aug 18, 2003, 08:36 PM
I agree, I would go with Frozen Shooter also. Altough if you have more than one, give Snow Queen a try.

Dbc
Aug 19, 2003, 03:31 AM
trust me you don't have to line them up to hit all the enemies sometime it rockets left or right hitting most of the enemies, i froze about 7 ar/merlans coming at me none of them were lined up.

Zarana
Aug 19, 2003, 04:12 AM
The Snow Queen is for people who use it on weak monsters, the Frozen Shooter is for people who use it against the strong.

Good luck keeping a Gibbles on ice with the Snow Queen.

Conversely, it'll be your lucky day if you manage to freeze three Bartles with one combo of your Frozen Shooter.

What it all comes down to is one question. Who freezes Bartles? These weapons were practically made to keep big enemies like the minibosses, Bringer, Belra and Baranz frozen until they die. And Snow Queen does a poor job of this, so I would take the Shooter no matter what.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 19, 2003, 04:15 AM
Well, don't forget it would come in handy in the Seabed as well for some people.

But I truthfully don't know, since the FS is a one-enemy hit weapon (I know I could have made that simpler >_<) then it would be good with, as Zarana said, mini bosses and such.

But the Snow Queen may very well be useful in the later levels as well.

Plus they both may freeze, but they're meant for different occassions.

Newbie100
Aug 19, 2003, 05:12 AM
Does the frozen shooter freeze enemies automatically or do need to use the special. Does it only freeze you when your firing the special?

Also is worth piping for hildetorrs with my racast to get it. The power doesn't seem all that great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Newbie100 on 2003-08-19 03:15 ]</font>

Neoluke12
Aug 19, 2003, 05:13 AM
I prefer frozen shooter!!!

Elixer
Aug 19, 2003, 06:06 AM
I personally like Frozen Shooter. I don't care much for 1 hit combo weapons. Snow queen isn't a 100% freezing chance and frozen shooter shoots 3 times so you would most likely freeze the enemy.

Jazhara
Aug 19, 2003, 07:34 AM
I have 2 frozen shooters, 1 with ok % & 1 with 0% on all. The one with % does not have any hit.

Which would be better to have the %, Snow Queen or Frozen?

Tsudo_Plat
Aug 19, 2003, 01:56 PM
Can you get randomly frozen with Snow Queen? Cuz thats the only way I EVER die when I'm using the Frozen Shooter, cuz I get randomly frozen. Then here comes a bunch of Vulmers, and well.... you know the rest.

Another question, can you equip Cure/Freeze and have it cure u when u randomly get frozen?

Bit
Aug 19, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-08-19 11:56, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

Another question, can you equip Cure/Freeze and have it cure u when u randomly get frozen?

Cure/Freeze will remove freeze from you in any situation.

Elusive_Llama
Aug 19, 2003, 03:40 PM
The Snow Queen is for people who use it on weak monsters, the Frozen Shooter is for people who use it against the strong.

Wrong. Frozen Shooter is for enemies with very high EVP, like Deldepths, Ill Gills, Merikles, Gibbons and most of the Sinows in Seabed. It's mostly an Ep.II weapon.

Snow Queen is for everything else. I have absolutely no problem freezing a Gibbles with the Snow Queen, dropping a combo on it from my mechs, and refreezing the instant it breaks free.

Conversely, it'll be your lucky day if you manage to freeze three Bartles with one combo of your Frozen Shooter.

What it all comes down to is one question. Who freezes Bartles?

You're right. Who freezes Bartles? Not me. I use the Snow Queen to freeze Arlans, Merlans, Dark Bringers, Indi Belras, Claws, Gran Sorcerors, Vulmers, Baranz, Mines' sinows, Gilchics, Go-Vulmers, Melqueeks, Del-Ds, Dark Gunners, Death Gunners, Lillies, Mericarols, Gi-Gues, Gibbles, etc etc.

These weapons were practically made to keep big enemies like the minibosses, Bringer, Belra and Baranz frozen until they die. And Snow Queen does a poor job of this, so I would take the Shooter no matter what.

Do you even have a Snow Queen in the first place? It sounds like you've never used one before.

You see, no matter how many times you use the freeze special on an already-frozen enemy, it will still break free after a set period of time. It only refreezes when your special hits it again - otherwise, multiple shots do not extend the freeze timer.

So why bother using the special on the FS over and over when you can drop one shot from the SQ to freeze your target, switch to mechguns and dish out plenty more damage than you would have using the FS alone?

VulpesMundi
Aug 21, 2003, 04:43 AM
I must agree. I'd wager that the majority of people who diss the Snow Queen have never even tried to use it. I made my Snow Queen a number of months ago and I'll be damned if I ever go back to a Frozen Shooter. I love being able to freeze a group of critters in one shot and then whip out my Spread Needle to lay the hurt on them. And in one on one situations, freeze that baddie and whip out a mechgun to smear it. "Squish!" -Chicago

My RAmar and droid rangers have quite an awesome setup. I use a Snow Queen for suppression, use a Jellen S-rank Slicer to kill their ATP (if needed), use a Zalure S-rank Slicer to kill their DFP (if needed), then use either a Spread Needle on mobs or a mechgun on a single target. Oh the humanity, they are so toast. The only difference with the RAmarl is that I don't bother using the S-rank Slicers since she already has Jellen and Zalure. =^.^=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-08-21 03:03 ]</font>

Dragon_Ash
Aug 21, 2003, 05:30 AM
Well at least that's cleared it up for me. I thought the Snow Queen just did more damage than the Frozen Shooter and did'nt freeze you randomly. Neveremind I still have my frozen shooter, but no cure/freeze as yet o.O