PDA

View Full Version : Asparas and Naga, what's so special about them?

Ralli_Maren
Aug 18, 2003, 08:10 PM
I have an Asparas with strong mind, which a friend loaned to me. The same friend has a Naga. I also have an Asparas I raised myself. 80% of people we each come in contact with wants them or dupes of them! Why? They're not that hard to get, and Asparas is friggin ugly if you ask me. But I do like what one guy said about Naga. "It chomps at me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif" lol.

Aphrodite2003
Aug 18, 2003, 08:17 PM
WEll, prolly naga because it can be made into a Panzer's Tail, and only Naga can be made into this. And the others im not sure.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Aug 19, 2003, 04:37 AM
Your team mates like them because they look cool, they look like rare mags (even though they're not).

Let's look at Naga: unlike all the other non-rare mags, it doesn't look like a few pipes and melted-down lego bricks stuck together.

Asparas: it's a big bad-assed looking mag that makes the all the other mags look puny and insignificant. I like it so much myself that I intend to grow one (one day, although I need to check what stats and ID it needs!). Let's not forget it can make you invincible also!

Personally, I would much rather have one of the above mags instead of a Angel's/Devil's wings or Panzer/Devil's Tail mag, you should be happy with what your got, and happy that there are people who want your mag as well (but don't give it to them!).

Garm
Aug 19, 2003, 02:07 PM
aspares is a good mag. give him alot of IQ and he s/d u alot at bosses. this is really usefull with a HUmar

Kamatz
Aug 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
Er... I dunno what kind of funky Asparas you have, but none of the charts I have (or my own Asparas) show the ability to cast Shifta/Deband.
It gives in invincilibiy for everything except death, and then it rezzes. Pretty much the same as a Sato, but not as cute.
Often referred to as "The Cape"

Naga is a good mag (imo) because it looks like an evil d-celled tadpole. ^_^; Look closely! It's got teeth, angry eyes, and that long waggling tail.

And Panzer Tail... Heh, well I don't know much about that but the idea does amuse me. Having a furry little tail hanging down from my RAmarl's pants. She'd look like a catgirl. ^_^

Ralli_Maren
Aug 20, 2003, 11:54 PM
Funny thing with the Asparas from my friend is that it's about as big as my FOnewearl's (Ralli) body! XD I dunno, Asparas kinda reminds me of a funky peacock tail or somethin. And it's the color of a Garanz. Naga looks to me like a leggless rat. My friend likes him, though. He says it's his familiar. Anyways, I got an Asparas with my Bluefull HUnewearl by upping its power. I want to get a Rati for her though, so I'm working on one of those, and also a Sato for my fo.

Nai_Calus
Aug 21, 2003, 12:40 AM
I had a Naga once, on my Ver.2 FOnewm. It looked like a cross between a shark and a sperm cell.
People like Apsaras because it has the same abilities as Sato/Nidra, invincibility all around. Personally I can't stand them. Big and bulky and ugly. Someone mentioned looking like a Garanz. I agree. I think it looks dumb, really. I much prefer my nice sleek, sexy Rati. Fluffy takes good care of me, the S/D helps me kill those nasty monsters faster, and he's so adorable, too... ^_^

Garm
Aug 21, 2003, 02:37 AM
On 2003-08-19 12:16, Kamatz wrote:
Er... I dunno what kind of funky Asparas you have, but none of the charts I have (or my own Asparas) show the ability to cast Shifta/Deband.
It gives in invincilibiy for everything except death, and then it rezzes. Pretty much the same as a Sato, but not as cute.

sorry i still think that i have my good old kama but when i beated sil dragon yesterday that invincilibiy helped alot. and i don't need an cute mag

HotWaterDeath
Aug 21, 2003, 10:38 AM
On 2003-08-18 18:10, Ralli_Maren wrote:
I also have an Asparas I raised myself. 80% of people we each come in contact with wants them or dupes of them! Why? They're not that hard to get, and Asparas is friggin ugly if you ask me.

I second the notion of Asparas being the most retarded MAG ever conceived. Who want's a giant piece of white floating broccoli following you around?

Garm
Aug 21, 2003, 11:01 AM
On 2003-08-21 08:38, HotWaterDeath wrote:

On 2003-08-18 18:10, Ralli_Maren wrote:
I also have an Asparas I raised myself. 80% of people we each come in contact with wants them or dupes of them! Why? They're not that hard to get, and Asparas is friggin ugly if you ask me.

I second the notion of Asparas being the most retarded MAG ever conceived. Who want's a giant piece of white floating broccoli following you around?

i think apsares looks cool but i always liked the weirdest things

Mixfortune
Aug 21, 2003, 05:03 PM
Apsaras's invuln to everything is not as good now as
it once was, as invulnerability does not activate as
often nor lasts as long as it did in ver.1 and 2.

Back then if you got ivulnerability it could last
you nearly a quarter of an area, and a form or two
of a boss. If you were well off enough the invuln would
be long enough to destroy almost all the bosses in
the game. Now that it's been toned down, it's not
as good. But believe you me, 3-5 minutes of invulnerability
each time ver.1 and 2 Dark Falz would cast Grants on you was
a mighty fine deal, if you made it so her Grants
would in fact do that much damage to you.

I agree it looks kind of unusual, but it's the mag
I normally end up using for HUmars, where a well
timed invuln outdoes S/D, esp if you have S-Red Blades and longer combos.

And it's pretty much one of the only ways to get
a legit pow based pure invuln/resurrect mag.

------------

Oh yeah, either ver.1, ver.2, or both, when you
were revived from a scape doll it would bring you
to 1 hp, right? Well, back then the ratio of
invuln success/failure was high enough where dying
would basically give you 3-5 minutes of invuln.
Not too shabby.

Genoa
Aug 21, 2003, 06:40 PM
I had both, Naga scared me and Asparas was awesome. I barely remember a time he didn't shifta/deband me when my health was low OR at a boss. He had good mind (115) and 200 IQ and 120% Synchro. Even though he reminded me of an Octopus, he helped me alot.