PDA

View Full Version : REAL player killing! WATCH OUT!

PSO_Krunk
Mar 25, 2001, 10:49 PM
I was playing online today, showing a friend PSO for the first time. I was explaining everything as I went along, and joined a game with some other players.

I went to the forest and joined the party. a fourth player named MIKEY BOY 69 joined and we piped him down. (He was a lvl 26 force)

As soon as he arrived, he cast a spell and killed all 3 of us in a single hit. he grabbed all our guns and money and brought us back to life. i asked him for my gun back and he gave it to me, with an "lol". he then proceeded to kill us all again, just for laughs.

I hadn't re-equipped my gun, so I chose to go back to pioneer 2 when I died. I decieded to head for the lobby tp in the guild as quickly as possible. as I was running, I dropped over dead! he was able to kill me from the planets surface!! I was on pioneer 2!! holy shit!

I had to "return to pioneer 2" to come back to life. I ran for the lobby tp again, but again he killed us all. he was simply laughing and taunting us the whole time. finally, I had to quit, just to get out of that game!

Pk'ing is very real, and I got off lucky, because the kid just wanted to kill us for fun, and wasn't actually stealing stuff. everyone watch out!

once again, he was MIKEY BOY 69.

Sheogorath
Mar 25, 2001, 11:44 PM
which proves my point:

People with lame names are lame themselves. If you see someone named "Mikey Boy 69" You know he's a lamoid, avoid him like the plague. Chances are, the only 69 he's come in contact with was when his teacher handed him his final exam grade.

SAYAN
Mar 26, 2001, 12:25 AM
2 any1 who doesnt know 69 is a q3 clan made up of guys. 69.....guys..... i think u can understand what point im making here *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Rei
Mar 26, 2001, 12:53 AM
Why would he grab your weapon while he could get most of them by GS??

Some lame kid pked me and said, "I'm not a thief, but I'm a god."

Glider
Mar 26, 2001, 01:03 AM
A lot of people steal just for the fun of it.

The problem with the PK is that it involves no skill whatsoever. In other games you have a chance to defend your self. With this it's just some kid running around mindlessly.

Roaddogglosthispassword
Mar 26, 2001, 01:11 AM
He was just showing off then
which is pointless in the game
And to tell you the truth i get fucking sick of hearing that if you player kill you use a gameshark.......shit you don't need a gameshark or a hacked item
people that don't know how to do it seem to think that u need to hack an item or have to use a gameshark

pcmorris
Mar 26, 2001, 02:32 AM
Oh, one warning (though A] I know this is gonna hurt people just as much as helping and B] knowing that RESTA is the killing spell these days):

RESTA CAN REACT TO A TELEPIPE.

Ever notice you're getting healed in town when someone near a telepipe is using resta? I thought everyone would've noticed it long before me.

Just a warning, most likely if you encounter ye old laughing boys (note: I call anyone being a 'jackass / showoff / POS' a laughing boy), the best way to leave is by running out of their resta area, and quit game.

Sinbon
Mar 26, 2001, 02:39 AM
Get ready, pk is becoming very common...

http://mamak-pso.virtualave.net/ubb/mamak.gif

Mengy
Mar 26, 2001, 11:21 AM
PSO_Krunk, the exact same thing happened to me on Sunday morning on Puck-9, but with a level 100 guy named Carnage. I tried to run to lobby, but he got me even on Pioneer 2, I had to quit out. At least he didn?t get any of my stuff (thank God for scape dolls).

Neojin
Mar 26, 2001, 11:51 AM
LMAO

Sheo I don't know why but that was so damn funny I almost spit coffee on my Monitor..

"the only 69 he's come in contact with was when his teacher handed him his final exam grade."

Nice one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Avenger
Mar 26, 2001, 03:09 PM
yea yesterday i ot mail from my friend and he said u wanna see my new thing cuz hes always gettin new stuff then we all went to the forest out of nowhere he killed me and 2 other off i was like wtf he wouldt tell me how to do but it seems like thiefs wont have to wait till u die ur self to get ur wep they will just kill u thierself

Avenger
Mar 26, 2001, 03:11 PM
yea yesterday i ot mail from my friend and he said u wanna see my new thing cuz hes always gettin new stuff then we all went to the forest out of nowhere he killed me and 2 other off i was like wtf he wouldt tell me how to do but it seems like thiefs wont have to wait till u die ur self to get ur wep they will just kill u thierself

ArcticZero
Mar 26, 2001, 07:56 PM
Well some good news for all of you... though there is now a real pk with no gs... there is also a way to defend from it.... it has to do with the armor you have and what, and how you have certain items in each slot.... I have seen it with stand 2 negative resetas.... I will post the config here as soon as I can.......

Mu-
Mar 27, 2001, 12:30 AM
Cyruss Level 100
user id: 300357427

Took a day to PK every female character who wouldn't put up with his ego and their friends. This is a sad sad man. Avoid him

Omege12
Mar 27, 2001, 01:30 AM
To many people know how to do it. We all got to find a SEGA rep and tell him to fix this problem somehow. To many people know.....

pcmorris
Mar 27, 2001, 01:53 AM
The problem with the sheer thought of fixing the PK glitch is that it is in the GAME itself, and in little to no way related to the servers, but is found on the disc itself.

There is no way to update the disc to prevent this from happening (the drawback of an online CONSOLE game). If PSO v2 comes out in May like we're being told, THAT is when we can hope for this glitch to be fixed, but until then, there is little incentive to trust random people.