PDA

View Full Version : Syncesta off of Hildetorrs. Found one?

Castoth
Aug 18, 2003, 11:45 PM
I'm currently up to 10 Hildetorrs without a Syncesta was wondering who here has found one, let alone two. I think the average drop rate is between 20-30 'torrs but hearing estimates here would help as well.

SpyroDi
Aug 18, 2003, 11:48 PM
Oran,correct?

I would help you,but I haven't found ONE Hildetorr in all my 500+ hours of extensive play. Not even a Pal Rappy either.

Stalfos333
Aug 19, 2003, 12:15 AM
I haven't started THAT search yet, but I have found 30+ in search of a Magic Stone Iritista...My poor Oran Fonewm doesn't have the Grants power to handle Hildelts yet. None of my chars can seem to find Grants disks, and he only has a level 5 Grants in Ult...

Rep0
Aug 19, 2003, 12:54 AM
Ult ruins and seabeds for lvl 25+ hard techs (RA techs, Grants, Megid)

Aurra
Aug 19, 2003, 02:36 AM
I am an Oran, and I found a Syncesta just the other day. It took me 44 Hildetorrs, but I was simply unlucky. The official drop rate is about 4.5%, and since Hildetorrs drop items 100% of the time (not the rare one, but any item. You will never kill a Hildetorr and have it drop nothing), it should take you between 20 and 30 of them, like you said.

Newbie100
Aug 19, 2003, 05:18 AM
How did you get the percent for the drops. Oh and you can easilly find hildetorrs around the beat time 666

Neoluke12
Aug 19, 2003, 05:22 AM
Im an oran as well and I feel for you mate, those damn torr's but up to now i have had no problem every rare monster ive seen has always dropped me thier rare item!!!! But I still feel for you

DeadBunneh
Aug 19, 2003, 12:58 PM
Took me approximately 15 Hildetorrs to get 2 Syncesta. Both Syncesta dropped between 000 and 050 beats, if you believe in the beat time theory, try piping for Torrs around that time.

PABLOparavida
Aug 19, 2003, 01:01 PM
Does the beat only matter in online??

Neoluke12
Aug 19, 2003, 01:07 PM
no I dont think!!!

Butoden
Aug 19, 2003, 01:38 PM
I did not know Beat Time is this important... It's called Internet Time at my place though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DeadBunneh
Aug 19, 2003, 02:17 PM
I'll just say, the beat time does NOT matter one little bit offline or online, but for some people, knowing the beat time seems to give them hope ;P.

Aurra
Aug 19, 2003, 02:33 PM
Yes, I know quite a bit about how the game works for someone who has never hacked into the code itself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif There are only 8 levels of rarity in the entire game. 8. These levels never fluctuate or change, at all. Beat time does not ever affect them. How do I know? First of all, Sonic Team wouldn't release drop rate charts with percentages down to the millionth of a % if they were to be changing due to beat time every beat. Second, don't you think it would be an advertising perk? "Some items may be more easily found at night!" or something to that effect. If the beat time theory were real, I would think that ST wouldn't be trying so hard to keep it under wraps and never discuss it. Beats were put into the game for the sole purpose of meeting people who are bad with time zones http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Newbie100
Aug 19, 2003, 02:42 PM
sega released the drop percentage on all the rares? I don't think the beat time really affects rare items, but I do think it affects rare enemys. Last night after 10 telepipes at 664 I found one, it wasn't even FOS it was just one hildebear alone. Many people have found hildetorrs at or around 666 beat time how could you even explain that number of people finding so many at that specific time.

DeadBunneh
Aug 19, 2003, 02:54 PM
On 2003-08-19 12:42, Newbie100 wrote:
sega released the drop percentage on all the rares? I don't think the beat time really affects rare items, but I do think it affects rare enemys. Last night after 10 telepipes at 664 I found one, it wasn't even FOS it was just one hildebear alone. Many people have found hildetorrs at or around 666 beat time how could you even explain that number of people finding so many at that specific time.

Because alot of people think that the 666 beat time is best for piping, hence a large percentage of people try to find Hildetorrs at that time. So, because of this, alot of people find them at 666 and claim its some sort of trick to getting them to spawn, but it's just because its what most people do =P.

Aurra
Aug 19, 2003, 03:00 PM
Again, I would imagine that if they had specifically programmed into the game Hildetorr's rarity to go way down around the beat time of 666, they would have at least confirmed the existance of beat time affecting gameplay. It's an advertising perk, they wouldn't just make that and then not say anything about it, especially when asked (and you know countless people have emailed them asking about beat times).

Castoth
Aug 19, 2003, 09:37 PM
And I just found my first Syncesta after 16 Hildetorrs *and* a Star Amplifier from a Pal Rappy on the same run. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*decides to play with his Lavis Blades for the time being instead of immediately going for the final step*

cameron121
Aug 20, 2003, 01:09 AM
that's wierd i've found three love rapies around that beat time and i don't believe that's luck, but you be the gudge!

Soukosa
Aug 20, 2003, 02:21 AM
It could all come back to the "random number being generated from the time" idea. Curiously though, I have seen 2 Mils at @314 recently. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe they just like pie.

Butoden
Aug 20, 2003, 03:29 AM
That has to be luck or I'll eat my hat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Newbie100
Aug 20, 2003, 05:15 AM
I just found another hildetorr @ 668, it dropped a frozen shooter. Maybe it is a coincedince since thats the only time I've been looking but usually it takes like a hour to find one if your doing a FOS telepipe. Why would sega release if rares or rare enemies were affected by beat times they haven't released any other stuff, like if there is a way to unseal the sealed jsword, or any other stuff.