PDA

View Full Version : I love Trigun!

MAGMan
Aug 19, 2003, 12:59 AM
Trigun is so cool!

Dhylec
Aug 19, 2003, 01:11 AM
is it the gun, the man or the babes? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pixelate
Aug 19, 2003, 03:00 AM
No, not really.

BoUnCeR
Aug 19, 2003, 06:50 AM
I actually never followed the series, it passed on cable TV here in Portugal, but I really never cared about it much. But I guess I'll check it some day.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 19, 2003, 09:25 AM
Omg I hate you if you are talking about cartoon network, It pisses me off greatly when i see some cartoon network fan boy say Omg I love Trigun or Kenshin is awesome, if you relly liked the series you would have gone out and bought the box set or at least the DVDs before the series came to tv (like me).Plus its butcherd as hell from censoring. O wait you probably dont know that.

Sorry to rant on a new peoson, but i had to say that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Hero_Of_Time on 2003-08-19 07:25 ]</font>

monkeyfist
Aug 19, 2003, 10:13 AM
i just watch it every now and then. no need to rant just because somebody didn't buy the dvd. thats just stupid. i like the show.

FinalMasterM
Aug 19, 2003, 10:15 AM
True Hero of Time, but you have to remember that when people see a show on TV they like, it's a good chance they'll go and buy the DVDs. Thus increasing the sells of anime in the US, which inturn means more anime to be released in the states.

Uber-Chan
Aug 19, 2003, 11:25 AM
On 2003-08-19 07:25, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
Omg I hate you if you are talking about cartoon network, It pisses me off greatly when i see some cartoon network fan boy say Omg I love Trigun or Kenshin is awesome, if you relly liked the series you would have gone out and bought the box set or at least the DVDs before the series came to tv (like me).Plus its butcherd as hell from censoring. O wait you probably dont know that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Hero_Of_Time on 2003-08-19 07:25 ]</font>

=D You're just mad because you're losing your purist part to it. xD If you want to go full purist and seem 1337 pick some anime nobody has heard of. =/ Or make it up..<< Yeah...>>; I just want to make to 100 posts today. =/

Uber-Chan
Aug 19, 2003, 11:26 AM
On 2003-08-19 09:25, Uber-Chan wrote:

=D You're just mad because you're losing your purist part to it. xD If you want to go full purist and seem 1337 pick some anime nobody has heard of. =/ Or make it up..<< Yeah...>>; I just want to make to 100 posts today. =/

Like Haibane Renmei! =D It's too peaceful for Cartoon Network. But it is really cute.

LamerPanda
Aug 19, 2003, 12:26 PM
Plus its butcherd as hell from censoring. O wait you probably dont know that.

...no, it's not. Trigun was left largely intact and there's nothing wrong with learning about a series from Cartoon Network. n_n I got the box set when it came out, OMFG I AM SO LEET

=D You're just mad because you're losing your purist part to it. xD If you want to go full purist and seem 1337 pick some anime nobody has heard of. =/ Or make it up..

Yeah, really. XD There's plenty of obscure junk out there. I love Violinist of Hameln! ^-^

I like Trigun though Vash bothers me sometimes. o_O; Not to mention that Legato is pretty much royally screwed in both the anime and the manga. I like the manga better though, less death of characters I like.

On that note, I want the Wolfwood action figure! ;_; I need a priest so I can hold marriages between, um...

*glances at her desk*

Blinky and Leonardo? o_o;

RoninJoku
Aug 19, 2003, 12:44 PM
I was gonna buy Trigun way before cartoon network got it but i didnt have the money =( I was mad when it was shown on cartoon nettwork though cuz it was supposed to be all mine >__< Oh well.... Ill still buy it someday....

LamerPanda
Aug 19, 2003, 01:10 PM
Alright, explain something to me, folks.

Why are you *upset* that Trigun is on CN? Why is it a bad thing that you can find more people that share your interests and hold interesting discussions with? =/ I never used to be able to talk to anyone about Trigun or find any merchandise, and now it's all over the place. =D CN's not so terrible.

SubstanceD
Aug 19, 2003, 02:00 PM
I love Trigun. It is one of my favorite anime series, I have the full box set of DVD's at home. This show defently has alot of good things going for it but all the same It is not perfect. There are certain anime series that I can watch over and over again and I won't get tired of them but Trigun is defenetly not one of them, there's just somthing about the pacing of the show that makes it hard to watch again and again, to many filler episodes and while all anime series have filler episodes Triguns ones seem more obvious and come of as more of a let down then say a show like CowBoy Bebop, Nadesicos or Evangellions. still it is pretty damn good.

And by the way I don't see what all the big deal is about people watching anime on Cartoon Network. To me there alot of people out there that are very ignorant about Anime however thanks to networks like Cartoon Network that show alot of anime there are alot more people out there who are getting into it, the more people that watch anime the easier it is for guys like me who live in the middle of nowhere to get anime since more and more places will stock it. I also have hope that in the future that more and more people will see that just because it is animation does not mean that it is just for kids, hopefully more and more people will take this medium more seriously. Besides I would not be an anime fan today if I did not grow up with cartoons like Robotech, Voltron and Transformers, anime cartoons that Networks like Cartoon Network picked up the rights to and showed, anime on T.V opens the gate to more fans so don't knock them. The childish DargonBall Z fans of today just may evolve into the sophisticated anime fans of tomorow.

ChaosAngel
Aug 19, 2003, 03:20 PM
If you guys want rare animes, watch Gravitation or Fake. Magic Knight Rayearth and Wish is also rare as an anime, but not as a manga.

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 19, 2003, 08:57 PM
I love Trigun! I even managed to snag me one of those special edition Vash figures with the black coat and silver hair!

pixelate
Aug 19, 2003, 11:02 PM
If you dislike Cartoon Network, dislike it because of the slides (commercials) inbetween shows.

Uber-Chan
Aug 20, 2003, 02:21 AM
On 2003-08-19 21:02, pixelate wrote:
If you dislike Cartoon Network, dislike it because of the slides (commercials) inbetween shows.

I dislike it because of FLCL...Mamimi sounds like a guy. =/ Other than that, they are cool. x.x

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 20, 2003, 11:01 AM
See the reason I hate it on Cartoon Network is not cause of the commericals or the people running around saying they love it( even though that is a hugh part of it), But its because not many people watched it before CN and it was somthing special to have cause it was a really good anime, I use to like going out of my way(an hour drive) to the closest anime store and buying trigun stuff(which was my favroite anime if you havent guessed). But now its nothing to the people who watch anime(i mean the ones who watch other stuff, other than the stuff on CN) GOing out and buying a trigun stuff now just seems pointless, cause they are in more places now, not just one store an hour away.
I know your going to say im selfish, and im going to counter that with..."YES, YES I AM".

RoninJoku
Aug 20, 2003, 11:21 AM
Ya know, you people who all say I hate all these people who go around liking stuff on cartoon network need to think about what your saying... Some people arent lucky enough to hear about these great shows before cartoon network... Some people arent lucky enough to have the money to buy these great shows! Some people dont even have a place to buy them! So if people rely on Cartoon Network to bring them great shows then thats fine! After all, thats what Cartoon Network is made for! >___<

LamerPanda
Aug 20, 2003, 03:51 PM
Trigun has *never* been incredibly obscure. o_o Maybe in your area, but I've had friends that watched it for at least 2-3 years now, that's when it seemed to pick up popularity online at least.

Some people arent lucky enough to have the money to buy these great shows!

Yeah, really. x_x

Guile
Aug 20, 2003, 07:28 PM
I did'nt like it to much, Vash is a coward.

strongmad89
Aug 20, 2003, 07:38 PM
Oh come on people!!!! That one guy dodges almost everything!!!!!!!!!! @_@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: strongmad89 on 2003-08-20 17:38 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Aug 20, 2003, 11:40 PM
On 2003-08-20 17:28, Guile wrote:
I did'nt like it to much, Vash is a coward.

you could say hes a coward... But you COULD say hes just about the bravest man alive!

Mixfortune
Aug 21, 2003, 04:17 AM
Meh, I'll keep my Kuronekosama plush, thank you.

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 21, 2003, 10:09 AM
On 2003-08-21 02:17, Mixfortune wrote:
Meh, I'll keep my Kuronekosama plush, thank you.

Ditto to that! I have an Ein too!