PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with FSOD

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 01:38 AM
I realize i posted this somewhere else (in rants) but I think since no one goes there, ill post it here too, and mods, if you think that unnessessary, delete this post O_O

-=TIPS ON HOW TO NOT FSOD AND WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FSOD=-
1. This is where i almost corrupted. You know after it says connecting to DNS server and then it saves once? well, dont immediatly press 'A' 3 times and go to Vega 01, cause you know what? There is always some idiot there waiting to FSOD. So wait until the save ends. You will walk out of FSOD a happier person you would be than if you walked out of FSOD and lost your level 170 character.
2. Dont mess with your freakin memory card while its doing anything(althogh most normal people wont). I know this site that posts a "trick" where it tells you to pull your memory card out(like im dumb enough to try it). If you ever find it, cuss the sites creator and then block him from your email.
3. You cheaters out there I warn you......dont do the boss trick too much. There are many rumors it causes corruption. Stop being lazy and play the game properly. Heres another rumor for the superstisious(spelling!?)....dont be the forth person to join. You might say thats sh*t, but there was this guy that corrupted twice from doing that....coencidence maybe.
4. Dont drop and deposit a item at the same time (how do I do that? I rather not tell you...).
5. Dont continuasly press 'A' if you are trying to get into a certain block. The gamecube will read the disc faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster(GASP) until yes, FSOD.
6. Dont use the 'meet the user' command. I have FSOD 2107403250973253205709325 times using it.
7. IF you dont want to lose your items, just store them before you leave the game....jeez...
8. I've done this trick myself before, and it worked remarkably...if you freeze during the double save, do not panic. You might fall over onto your gc, destroying it, you might accidentally pull out the memory card, causing all hope to be lost(well not really its part of the trick), you might trip over your controller and impale yourself on the fork you used for that bowl of raviolli. Slow walk up to your gc, open the cd case and take the memory card out. Turn the gc off, close the hatch thing, turn it on. put your memory card back in when it says to put it in. Your character should be fine. (SHOULD BE OKAY!?) this also works sometimes if you are trying to save your items.

-=HOW TO COPE WITH LOSS=-
remember that in the end the only thing you lost was a bunch of ones and zeros. You will always eventually get to the same level, you will always be able to get that rare item again, and you can always take it as a challenge for you to get back up there. Remember that it is just a game, and you are playing it for fun, so if the game pisses you off, you should've not buy the game in the first place.

Great. Now if this was stickied, maybe...

Butoden
Aug 19, 2003, 04:14 AM
Very nice 'guide' there! Don't get me started but I `almostī lost all of my items in multimode offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dhylec
Aug 19, 2003, 10:14 AM
heheh.. a little comfort for those who panicked w/fsod http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

monkeyfist
Aug 19, 2003, 10:17 AM
im lucky. ive only been fsoded (sp) once. although one time my little brother's friend pushed the power button while i was online. he was subsequenly (sp) tarred and feathered

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 11:05 AM
I corrupted twice, FSOD more times than I can remember.
I really hate those FSODers, they are actually the main cause of FSODing. I dont see why the FSOD trick works, it make know sense (for those of you who know it) =/