PDA

View Full Version : The Video about how to PK without gameshark

SsjOnslaught
Mar 26, 2001, 12:01 AM
If you have not watched the video on the main page about the "resta of death". go do so now.

This person claims gameshark is not needed
Uhhh.....it doesnt look like he did any tricks, it just looks like his resta killed people. This really does work without gameshark? :http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gifuts away soul eater and uses M&A6 Vise until I find out if you can PK without Gameshark::

Yikes

Richie

Glider
Mar 26, 2001, 12:45 AM
Watashiwa did it to me today as a demo. I know how to do it (and no, I'm not telling anyone) and it isn't a Gamshark code.

Monkey
Mar 26, 2001, 01:15 AM
What i want to know is why they posted it? Even though i tryied to figure out how they did it, i did it on a bot in a quest and i failed but it still gives people a clue on how to do it.

Roaddogglosthispassword
Mar 26, 2001, 01:34 AM
Thank you glider for proving that it is not a gameshark code
all of the sudden when i killed a few for a demo they kept thinking it was a gameshark code and that is pretty annoying
thanks for clearing it up
Oh yeah i won't mind killing you for fun lol
....emperor rage your ass is mine!

SsjOnslaught
Mar 26, 2001, 02:28 AM
I think this is a big conspiracy- someone PKed me and told me you can only do it using gameshark
Just for experimental purposes i tried out the thing in the video, it doesnt work

Dont listen to lies- if you get PKed it was by a cheater

Glider
Mar 26, 2001, 02:48 AM
Do you really thing he would make a video that SHOWS how it is done? Do you think what was shown was evrything to it? Watashiwa doesn't want to let it out. It's not a code.

Everyone else that knows, don't tell anyone how it is done.

Cruzn15
Mar 26, 2001, 02:57 AM
So now that you know the trick, it's done and no one else should know? I hope Sonic Team find a way to block this crap through an online update and not having to wait 'till v2. This is crap. Now that PSO World is helping to make PSO's downfall a reality.

Did you know?: that the Worms: Armageddon servers were hacked, so Team 17 shut down access to leagues and ranks. They still haven't been put back up.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Cruzn15 on 2001-03-26 00:00 ]</font>

Rei
Mar 26, 2001, 03:09 AM
Everyone will kow this trick within a week.....there're always lamers.....
I heard that you need 1 SPECIAL item to do this, hehehe

Sheogorath
Mar 26, 2001, 03:48 AM
Well, I see Ambrai deleted the reply I made to this post. Perhaps my insulting of C'rono/Watashawi was a bit harsh, and for making fun of his age/maturity level, I sincerely and genuinely apologize. However, lets ask this question:

What kind of person would do this...even as a joke amongst friends?

Anyone who does this to me online immediately gets their card removed from my colelction, and will be henceforth ignored. This PK trick is the pinnacle of lameness and immaturity.

/end Rant

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Sheogorath on 2001-03-26 00:56 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Sheogorath on 2001-03-26 00:57 ]</font>

TwiNCannoN
Mar 26, 2001, 03:56 AM
God, why does PSO-W continue to post basically TUTORIALS on how to do the things we try to STOP? A simple WARNING would be good enough, why do people have to brag that they know how to do it, and be lame enough to post a MOVIE? What, think we won't believe you? No, I don't believe PKing is possible, or duping or item-hacking! I don't get it, and this only reaffirms my status on NEVER playing public games, ever. And like Sheo said, this is supposed to be a social game.. oh well, I've made my friends, guess I can only play the game from now on.

Sheogorath
Mar 26, 2001, 04:06 AM
Thanks Twin. More of the reason why you have become my ICQ friend as well as a PSO friend.

You see, why is it that American gamers always want to destroy and conquer? Is this our inbred instinct? While European gamers chant anti-american chants in the lobbys, and the Japanese run from fear of Americans in their own lobbys, our people are learning ways to kill people. (Both in the real world, and the online one)

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to be an american. My "people" spend their time learning how to screw over, destroy, and conquer people...even in an online environment.

Theres a 5 language translator in the game for a reason folks...its so you can communicate and learn from each other....being social and friendly is what PSO is about.....

Not exploiting a PK bug so you can feel powerful at someone's expense

Azel-SummErs
Mar 26, 2001, 04:18 AM
I was having a small arguement with this guy on another site.

This is what he wrote for rebuttal as to why he should be able to cheat n stuff.

""Right, of course you are right, but what does that have to do with PSO? it's not like my dupe items can kill you!!! it's not like I can kill you at all! I know that you are probably thinking back to Diablo or something where everyone walking around is invincible, but you CAN'T even kill other characters in PSO unless you hack it! so I come again to the same point-if its your choice, then you should be able to do whatever you want, and if the "COMMUNITY" doesn't want dupe items, then...don't they have the option to say: "No, I don't want any dupe items, I'll get my own", but you know what?, I found out that my best friend who is always bitching about people that dupe and cheat, he himself has all of these dupe items, because, let's be honest- YOU WOULD NEVER, EVER!! FIND A HOLY RAY +WHATEVER, AND TRADE IT! OK? even if you couldn't use it, a weapon so rare is not tradeable like that! I bet you even have some dupe items, because you just don't go ahead and trade powerful items, and these items are so fucking rare, that they are practically IMPOSSIBLE to find! you would have to play the game a million hours to find a single good weapon! and what for? i can already beat all 4 stages with my barehands on very hard!!! so what's the point of all these weapons? they are useless! so just cheat, look at them, and get it over with! PSO is nothing more than a virtual chat room now.""

And this is my response

""First
U wanna lay a bet that I DO NOT HAVE DUPE ITEMS????

Wanna do it.???
I'll bet my entire fucking family fortune.
I'm serious.

Get online with me...
Get ur friend to find me...

With the new security system...
U'lll see I'm 100% CLEAN!!!

God knows I have INDEED GIVEN AWAY HOLY RAY and many others~~~~!!!!

WHY?
Because rangers n force users NEED it more than me U SELFISH PRICK!

I gave away Spread needle on more than one occasion!.

Do not attempt to tell me what the game is about when you do not have the slightest idea what it is about!~!~!~

Once you feel u've achieved the aim of the game (in ur case, the STUPID view of beating the game, who the FUCK plays SC or VF to BEAT the game?) you help up newbies.

Take care of them in battle, help them lvl up etc etc.

But wait..taking care of people...making friends....it's not ur idea of gamming i see.

U DO know that beating darkie's ass on Very hard online with others is totally different from playing offline...mainly because there will be more enemies...not to mention all of them stronger...and Dark falz is alot stronger online than offline.

Thus U do need TEAMATES U CAN TRUST!
In other words...friends!

Oh, u've beaten the game offline on ur own.(good for u. I'm gonna assume u beat very hard on ur own without cheating...so GOOD FOR U!)

And u believe the game ends there

Too bad for u.""

These were the last posts we exchanged.

Seem like they forgotten this game is not abt PK, stealing, cheating or beating the game.

Why else would the chat feature be soooo revolutionary and extensive.???

And YES!
I DO NOT UNDERTSAND WHY PPL STILL POST N SHOW HOW TO DO THIS N THAT BUG WHEN
a)they know its gonna be abuse
b)they know it's gonna contribute to the downfall of the game.

rekonstruct
Mar 26, 2001, 04:33 AM
Dude... you have to realize that these idiots who are PK'ing people are nothing more that attention starved 12 year-olds. They want recognition that no one else in the real world will give them, frankly, because they are jerks in the real world too. It doesn't matter what country they come from.

What pisses me off is the arrogant a-holes who dont release the trick. Yes. Everyone should know it. If everyone knows it, no one will use it. If someone PKs you, you can do it back to them. All you people who dont want to tell are just preserving what little power you have in this world. They have nothing in the real world, so they cling to a false reality, hoping for acceptance and recognition. Hiding behind thier "good intentions" : ie. "if this gets out, it'll ruin the game", you know what, your ruining the game by not allowing victims to retaliate.

Azel-SummErs
Mar 26, 2001, 05:08 AM
Dude
u're suggesting we solve this killing problem by killing them pkers?

VioletJumi
Mar 26, 2001, 05:08 AM
Well,I hate to kill your ranting post,but I already know how it's done,I was playing on Japanese server IO,trying to avoid cheaters(Japanese players [the majority at least] hate cheats,most don't even know what gameshark is.) I entered a game called "hello" and entered Ruins,upon taking the warp I was attacked and killed by a player using rabarta and an odd staff,i've never seen it,it looked like a bat with a single spike protruding from the tip.The game cleared except for me and my attacker,she explained the procedure the best she could,from what i've gathered it only works with Japanese game disks,you set Star Atomizer to X and Razonde or Rabarta(any spell that doesn't require a target cursor)and use the atomizer in unison with the spell(VERY hard to pull off)...The reason I suspect it only works in Japanese games version is because when you do manage to connect in US version it does no damage,It knocks layers down and whatnot but does no damage,if you are so intent on killing players,buy or rent the import version of PSO and try this,if you can,I suggest you just wait for version 2.And I hate to spoil it for the believers,but when you hack your characters stats over the limit,save/exit game,rejoin and remove your mag,it pushes the player stats to obscene heights,if you use resta when you are like this you die,unless you have infinite HP active,this is proof nuff that he was using gameshark,I could PK too,i'd rather stay legit,I found this when I was testing CM's works offline,this may or may not be legitimate,if it isn't,I am very sorry,if it is,damn i'm good,The only thing that doesn't add up is his low hp,when using the god stats code,and removing/equiping stuff(raises your stats) it also greatly enhances HP/TP.Perhaps he does know a new method,but i'm sure it has something to do with a game enhancer.
-End of mind numbing blather-

Roaddogglosthispassword
Mar 26, 2001, 05:24 AM
Anyone who uses the player kill to steal or to piss anyone off is a complete asshole!
I always ask people if they wanna see it and thats only if they know I do...most of the time I act like I don't know it and sheo.....i hope you don't remove me off that list cause you're like one of the best honest players to play with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif But other than that to kill theives is great I personally will not give out the glitch trick(my reason)1.Lets say i can trust u u slip and give it out 2. Theives do not need to know this 3.It was a gift and I'm trying to keep it rare..but if someone kills you and robs you let me know.Just know that you have one of the good guys here and not and enemy because I can kill other than that if ya wanna catch a good game let me know
(rage u r mine!!!!! lol

Azel-SummErs
Mar 26, 2001, 05:55 AM
everybody wants to have a go at rage~~~~

ReikenFeralsbane
Mar 26, 2001, 06:00 AM
You wanna know whats funny? it may not require GS , but my friend found out howto do it....it involves a hacked item.....i dont think i should say do to obvious reasons, but this "Real Pk" is just not on the level.
And NO, the server didn't detect my friend's hacked item.
i MAY be wrong. there MAY be an actual way to do Real PK, but i doubt it.

watashiwa
Mar 26, 2001, 06:10 AM
Sheo, quit your whining and ranting. It seems that's all you're ever good for. You needn't insult me when you don't even know the facts about the whole ordeal. I wasn't PKing as a "joke" to my friends, they agreed to have me do it to them before-hand for the video. The video is just an informative video. It does not show how to do it, but rather shows that it is possible and it serves to warn other players that things aren't safe with the current conditions of the servers. They must watch even closer to who they're playing with even if it may mean more locked games. Sheo, try and not assume things especially when your assumptions are wrong. Think before you speak. I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences playing PSO online in the past, but you really don't have to take it out on me. Peace.

f0rge
Mar 26, 2001, 06:30 AM
i was pk'ed tonight and robbed.

the thing is that he hurt himself when pk'ing me and the others.

is that normal for pk'ing?

i mean he almost killed himself cause 2 of the players had 3 scape dolls....

purhaze
Mar 26, 2001, 07:35 AM
ive been PKed more times than i can count, i still play, but i have no way of meeting new players, i only play in a locked room with ppl i know. all i can say is i hope pso ver.2 hurrys if it makes it at all..

Sisqua
Mar 26, 2001, 07:55 AM
f0rge - that sounds entirely plausible that the guy who tried to pk you also hurt himself.

My understanding is that one of the rumoured methods is an exploit in the targeting system. I don't know exactly how it works, but I believe its something to do with using a heal followed by an attack in quick succession. So first you do a Star Atomiser (or maybe a technique like resta) which because it's a heal targets your team - then if you do something like razonde quickly enough, the targetting doesn't have time to switch and so is still targetting your team. This would explain why the guy hurt himself.

Like I say, I don't know how accurate this is in terms of the correct technique so don't waste your time trying it, but I think the basic principle is something like that. I'm only suggesting star/razonde because some guy repeatedly tried to do it to me last night and failed miserably - he did admit he was trying to pk me tho.

S.

Pneophen
Mar 26, 2001, 08:56 AM
I wish i knew how to do it. i would use it on kireek or MOME or any other npc i came upon.

Spy
Mar 26, 2001, 09:05 AM
The bottom line is that knowledge is power. The people that have it keep the people that don't from ever getting it. The government does it. Parents do it. Siblings do it. It may not be right, but like many things in this world, it is practiced. What gives those with the "knowlegde" the authority or the right to decide that the rest of us don't need it, or that it will be harmful? Think about that as you browse this site.

IceBlink
Mar 26, 2001, 09:43 AM
Hmm.. I was nearly PKed one time by a level 100... but he PK-ed himself by accident...

Has this happened to anyone?

Pneophen
Mar 26, 2001, 09:59 AM
that sounds somewhat nifty. i would like to pk my character.

StarDragon
Mar 26, 2001, 10:38 AM
heh. that would be kinda fun to do, kill yourself. i wish i knew how. i would do it all the time offline. maybe online around my friends.

Omege12
Mar 26, 2001, 10:41 AM
Pk'ing is generally a bad thing. It should not be used to rob people of their weapons. But, wouldn't it be fun to do it with your friends? I have no intentions of ever stealing anything from anyone, you guys can't trust that but I know myself. I'm just saying, it might be something fun, I know when you play with your friends on Diablo, it's fun to play and duel around with them. Oh well, just my thought.

GhostinmyShell
Mar 26, 2001, 11:31 AM
Oh this is great.

Lets just brag why dont we. You know a secret so you post a video.

Thats the ONLY reason you did it.

Even with good intentions you have made people aware of it who probably would have never known about it but will seek out how to PK and use it. If only 2 ppl knew about the cheat so be it. But now everyone at this website knows about it.

Did you send your video to sega or notify them about the problem? Probably not.

At least you didnt post the code to "provide awareness" like those other lame exploit sites.

I am glad I quit playing 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the memories PSO.

gideon
Mar 26, 2001, 01:53 PM
Ok .... this one is to all those who feel we did a bad thing by posting the video. Firstly yes Sega HAS been notified of the video, and the method. Secondly, this is by no means a tutorial! The only thing it shows is someone using resta, period. If you find anyone who was able to do it by watching that video, we will by all means remove it at once. We are but a community site, if it happens in the community we report it. (With the exception of new GS codes, which we have never nor will ever report). Yes I know the video might be controversial, yes I know many people may not like it. But it still is an undeniable truth currently in PSO. And we aren't in the practice of masking such things.

To remove is to say it doesn't exist or isn't a factor to legit factors, and even possibly that it allows cheaters to do it. "Never underestimate the power of denial."

These fears are unfounded.

Ambrai
Mar 26, 2001, 02:07 PM
Sorry guys but this is getting alittle crazy, rants here it comes.

Sciler
Mar 26, 2001, 06:46 PM
<font color=red>Ok, while i will admit I have not read this entire thread...please dun get down on Watashiwa. He was simply trying to inform everyone, not cause this. I've played with him and hes a very fun and trustworthy person to play with. PLease dun flame him anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif<center>

SsjOnslaught
Mar 28, 2001, 03:14 AM
Why is it that everything i post ends up in the rants section? Lol, i should change my name to Rant-o-matic 9000

Though i abhor cheating, I plan to find out how to PK without a gameshark to yoke theives and people who have ripped me off in the past.

Not necessarily because I hold grudges, but I just dont like 12 year olds who say things like "i am god"

Blech
Richie

gameaddict9
Mar 28, 2001, 09:44 PM
Ok people, i got a lot to say, and most of it is backing up Gideon.

1. How are you supposed to learn how to PK from that damn video, I watched the video, and well, everything looked normal, and guess what? I STILL don't know how to PK

2. You guys say that PSO world is BASICALLy posting forums on how to PK. Well, I haven't seen one. And well, if you did see one, I bet it aint up anymore. You have to understand that Gideon has a BIG ASS site to run, and well, with only one moderator per board. They cant catch everything really fast. Give these people a break.

3. Quit your bitching, you act like PSO World is the reason that a lot of people know about PK'ing. You know that people do go to other PSO sites than this one. I know this is a popular place, but not EVERYBODY goes here. Turst me. PSO World's staff is doing the best they can right now..... If you think they aren't doing a good job, then....... leave.

I hope I dont get in trouble for saying that... but I know Gideon and the moderators are probably getting bored of all the bitching.... SHUT UP! start up your own site if you dont like it.

Thats all i have to say, I'm done. LATER

Omege12
Mar 30, 2001, 04:04 AM
But gameaddict, it is true that many people saw the video on the site. It surely didn't tell them hown to PK. But now they wanted to know how. One guys finds out. He tells another. He tells 2 friends, and each of them tell 5 more each. See? So I understand the others points as well as yours. The staff here has a big job to do, and they do pretty damn good. Peace.

zatzai
Apr 6, 2001, 03:43 AM
Ok, listen
I know how to PK, and there was an explosion of people who knew how to PK immediately following the publishing of the video on PSO World. It is different than the way on the Japanese ships which uses a Star Atomizer. This involves a hacked item, the Devil/Technique--, I can say this, because the item has been banned. So PKing is gone, atleast for now, it has been for a few days now.
Post info if you still get PKed, YOU, not a friend, so we will know if there is a new ay to do it out...