PDA

View Full Version : PSO Observations

LastUtopia
Mar 26, 2001, 12:36 AM
These are a few little things I thought of during my many hours of gameplay, little paradoxes about the game. Note: These are intended to be funny, so don't get technical about items and such.

-Why does a Flowen's Sword raise your luck if "Flowen" was unlucky enough to lose it and/or die?

-If the Dragon Slayer was wielded by one who slayed a dragon, why does the dragon have it?

-The special mechguns (Vise, Justice, Combat) all come from the whatever corporation, but where is that corporation located and why are they lying around on the planet if it's uninhabited?

-Could the waterfall in the Ruins be called the Dark Falls?

-Who is DB and why did he have so many sabers?

-Why hasn't Lucasfilm sued Sega over the very existence of the Stag Cutlery?

-Is there a food pattern in weapon names? EGG Blaster, FRYING PAN, Stag CUTLERY...

-If a rag rappy dies in the forest, and your TV is muted, does it still make a sound?

That's all for now, I may think of more later. Anyone else got some of their own?

DarkWolf
Mar 26, 2001, 02:37 AM
Hmmm.. here goes...

1. Flowen was too lucky, and found a better sword.

2. The guy slayed a Nano-Dragon

3. Hmmm... Promotional Gifts??

4. Heheheh...

5. LOL! Got me there....

6. On top of that, there's a chicken mag (Pitori)...

7. Only if the mute button doesn't actually work.

LOL!

IceBlink
Mar 26, 2001, 07:28 AM
Maybe... DB wasn't the name of a person, it's the name of a company?

And all the sabers are pirated? It would explain all the bad quality 'minus' figures on the % stats.... ^_^; The real things are the ones which have positive % stats.... ^_^

... Starting to remind me of all the fake Agitos now. ^_^;; There's so many fakes, even the Goomba next door has one! God knows why it has one... ^_^;;

And just how do the monsters carry money? Via special pouches that burst open at the point of death? ^_^;;

Antennaball
Mar 26, 2001, 07:53 AM
Well, let's see, the Vise, Justice, Combats are on the uninhabited planet because they were used by soldiers on Pioneer 1. If you talk to one of the soldiers near the warp to Ragol, he'll mention that you should be able to find better weaponry on Ragol because Pioneer 1 was better armed than Pioneer 2. Then again, since you do find them on monsters on Ragol, that only puts their effectiveness into question, after all, they wouldn't be carried by monsters if the original owner wasn't killed!

Excalibur
Mar 26, 2001, 08:03 AM
But if the monsters took the weapons of the killed soldiers.. why doesn't they use it??

They are much better then the claws or what ever they use to "kill"... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

So we should be very lucky that they don't use any EGG Blast or spread needles or a Double Saber.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

greetings from the otherside of the world
Excalibur

jazzyfox
Mar 26, 2001, 02:50 PM
In regards to DB's Saber... it's obvious.

DB was the first duper. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Castelak
Mar 26, 2001, 10:53 PM
nice! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif lets see...

-why does delsaber sometimes drop c-bringers arm? (maybe they trade weekly ^_^)

-why dont those rag rappys die?

-whats with this luconium guy? he must of owned a lot of clubs.

LastUtopia
Mar 27, 2001, 12:39 AM
New one:

-Why does a Double Saber steal TP from enemies in the mines if they're all androids?

Cyanide
Mar 27, 2001, 01:25 AM
No better yet why do so dimenians drop chain sawds and Dark Falz who could easily take whatever he wanted have nothing but a few of those duped DB saber's?

AdamW
Mar 27, 2001, 03:02 AM
Yes, DB was the first duper. In fact, DB stands for Duper Bob. You see his history is a sorted one. He started out as an honest hunter but soon was corrupted. He found a really crappy saber and decided he'd unleash the ultimate evil on all hunters in the future. So he decided to dupe it times a million and leave the damn things all over the place so everyone would be frustrated as hell when they found their 1,00th one. Now, all this frustration might take a couple days off of someone's life so in some small way, Duper Bob is killing us all.

As for my observation, it's not so much funny as it is a real observation.

-Why is the ultimate claw the Nei Claws when Nei didn't even wield claws? I know, I know, the Nei weapons but wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to call them Rika Claws?

Tkc613
Mar 27, 2001, 07:01 AM
Nei's claw is the strongest claw on AlisaIII. Meiu used it.

Excalibur
Mar 27, 2001, 07:08 AM
- why are the claws called claws, when they haven't any arms to have claws??

ok, wasn't that good..

greetings from switzerland
Excalibur

Mindblade
Mar 27, 2001, 10:23 AM
Yea, the android one is kind of confusing. Last Utopia and I tested that last night, and it worked! For a moment I though maybe our Double Sabers dont steal TP, they just create it, but no. I'm still puzzled by this one.

IceBlink
Mar 27, 2001, 10:52 AM
Ahhh! Just imagine it! A gang of Rag Rappys descend on the band of adventurers, all wielding Double Sabers! ^_^;;

DB's saber... hee, nice one. ^_^

How does the Frying Pan steal TP, or so I've heard, since I've never used one? ^_^;

And if Ash treats you as a role model, and as a idol, why doesn't he give you his double saber?! ^_^;;

... Elenor... is it me or does she seems to be attracted towards the player? ^_^;;

Hee... no more... ^_^;;