PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Simple Plan?

AngelGal
Aug 19, 2003, 12:47 PM
Who here likes Simple Plan? If you do on the 23rd run into Lobby 3 yelling Heartbreaker!

Allos
Aug 19, 2003, 01:42 PM
They suck. You know why? Because they do. They aren't punk. Their music is bitchy whining. Feel free to flame.

Vanango
Aug 19, 2003, 02:56 PM
On 2003-08-19 11:42, Allos wrote:
They suck. You know why? Because they do. They aren't punk. Their music is bitchy whining. Feel free to flame.

sounds like it must be emo.

Kizaragu
Aug 19, 2003, 03:25 PM
I love all kinds of Rock Music. Anything from the likes of *cough-blink182-cough*, Placebo, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Feeder and maybe some Marilyn Manson.
The above isn't my list of favourite bands, It's just an example of the many different styles of Rock Music I enjoy.
Thing is, I may like the likes of Blink 182 but I cannot, I repeat cannot enjoy listening to the whiney *cue polite word' Badness of Simple Plan... I'm sorry. They do my head in and I'm ashamed Mark Hoppus (Sp?) lent his vocals (Despite how bad they were) to one of their tracks.

*A window suddenly smashes. Kizaragu equips himself with a Kitchen Knife and hides behind the nearest waste recycling dispencer he can find.
A man, roughly 6ft tall wearing a TrenchCoat and holding an M-16 slowly walks into the room. Wearing an Iron Maiden T-Shirt Kizaragu can sense he's a badass and isn't going to waste time.
As the Large 'Heavy Rocker' turns towards kizaragu's feeble hiding place, raises the M-16 up the eye level (I know JackShit about Guns ok!?) and slowly reaches for the trigger. But before he has a chance Kizaragu lets out a huge girly highpitched scream! "I MAY BE A BLINK FAN BUT LET ME LIVE! LOOK! LOOK OVER THERE! SUMTHING EVEN WORSE! EVIL BEYOND EVIL! A SIMPLE PAN FAN!"
The man lowers his gun, smiles slightly, and heads towards AngelGal...*

wow, Speilberg's got nothing on me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raxxon_Ironis
Aug 19, 2003, 05:09 PM
On 2003-08-19 13:25, Kizaragu wrote:
I love all kinds of Rock Music. Anything from the likes of *cough-blink182-cough*, Placebo, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Feeder and maybe some Marilyn Manson.
The above isn't my list of favourite bands, It's just an example of the many different styles of Rock Music I enjoy.
Thing is, I may like the likes of Blink 182 but I cannot, I repeat cannot enjoy listening to the whiney *cue polite word' Badness of Simple Plan... I'm sorry. They do my head in and I'm ashamed Mark Hoppus (Sp?) lent his vocals (Despite how bad they were) to one of their tracks.

*A window suddenly smashes. Kizaragu equips himself with a Kitchen Knife and hides behind the nearest waste recycling dispencer he can find.
A man, roughly 6ft tall wearing a TrenchCoat and holding an M-16 slowly walks into the room. Wearing an Iron Maiden T-Shirt Kizaragu can sense he's a badass and isn't going to waste time.
As the Large 'Heavy Rocker' turns towards kizaragu's feeble hiding place, raises the M-16 up the eye level (I know JackShit about Guns ok!?) and slowly reaches for the trigger. But before he has a chance Kizaragu lets out a huge girly highpitched scream! "I MAY BE A BLINK FAN BUT LET ME LIVE! LOOK! LOOK OVER THERE! SUMTHING EVEN WORSE! EVIL BEYOND EVIL! A SIMPLE PAN FAN!"
The man lowers his gun, smiles slightly, and heads towards AngelGal...*

wow, Speilberg's got nothing on me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pure brilliance.

Gestiv
Aug 19, 2003, 05:26 PM
Hehehe... damn straight... I can't stand anything the likes of Simple Plan/Good Charlotte/Blink 182/Sum 41/Any other crap I forgot... You know why I used a backslash while listing? Because they all sound the same, are the same, and aren't worth my time... I"ll take 80's music over them anyday. Hell, even the Backstreet Boys are better than them... at least they can sing well. Hell, at least they can sing period. You guys are lucky I didn't go off on one of my rants about "Nu Punk". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Allos
Aug 19, 2003, 07:04 PM
I don't like Sum 41's old stuff (way too whiny) but i like their new stuff. Sounds more like regular rock.

Bradicus
Aug 19, 2003, 07:27 PM
GOOD CHARLOTTE HURTS ME WITH THEIR BADNESS.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif
I prefir more old fassioned new stuff (oxymoron?) like Audioslave!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-08-19 17:27 ]</font>

Gestiv
Aug 19, 2003, 07:29 PM
Oxymoron's r fun...

I just don't like any bands of that nature... blech.

HotWaterDeath
Aug 20, 2003, 10:52 AM
Simple Plan may be a horrible band, in my opinion, but nobody deserves the crap that they got on this year's freaking Warped Tour. No band should be assaulted by a bunch of pubescent youth's that listen to rehash like Rancid (Not that Rancid is completely horrible, I just hate the majority of the people that listen to them, and the band members) and such. I find it interesting that most of the crap talkers were the same kids eating that stuff up a couple years back.

Speaking of oxymorons, the band Oxymoron rocks my sweet, smelly socks off.

Kizaragu
Aug 20, 2003, 11:07 AM
Were they given a lot of grief on the warp tour? Owch. Like you said, I don't like Simple Plan but It must kind of suck to get a whole load of abuse from hundreds to thousands of people like that. No one deserves that not even Westlife... *Shudder*

klepto
Aug 20, 2003, 07:02 PM
Simple Plan is so awful. Sometimes, my 13 year old sister plays it really loud. Sometimes, it is so loud and obnoxious, I can hear it over my blaring stereo set to constantly play a mix of Green Day (old stuff ex. insomniac/1039 slappy hours) Pennywise, NOFX, Lostprophets, and Something Corporate (has a bit of nostalgia in it for me). Sometimes, I want to shoot my sister for playing that band. It's so poppy and awful. I can stand good charlotte to an extent because their new single is fairly amusing. But generally what happens when shit like that is played around my house is I round up all my stereos and set them next to my sweet computers speakers. insert a couple Pennywise CD's that ive burned and play the song "fuck authority" till someone loses their hearing.

Guile
Aug 20, 2003, 07:28 PM
I hate all these bands coming out with their songs that are just bitching about girls...

They suck and so does music nowadays...

HotWaterDeath
Aug 21, 2003, 11:03 AM
On 2003-08-20 17:02, klepto wrote:
stereo set to constantly play a mix of Green Day (old stuff ex. insomniac/1039 slappy hours) Pennywise...........insert a couple Pennywise CD's that ive burned and play the song "fuck authority" till someone loses their hearing.

To sum it up in one word..golden. 1,039 Slappy Happy Hours is without a doubt the greatest Green Day record ever (Even if they did a horrible cover of Operation Ivy's "Knowledge" on it). Pennywise rocks it hard...especially on that self-titled record..good, good stuff.

I hear Simple Plan was doing a cover of "American Jesus" by Bad Religion at their shows recently. Something about that just seems horribly wrong.

lil_devil
Aug 21, 2003, 12:24 PM
I agree with some other dude on this forum,ols Sum 41 bad new Sum 41 ROCKS! Simple Plan are cool,if you don't like em then keep it to yourself. I'm not trying to mod this forum but I think that my sis intended to find people who like Simple Plan with this forum,not people who want to dis them. Don't start dising me on my opinion now or I'll have to break out all of the Gekko family and sick em' on ya.
*goes back to sipping her ice tea and listening to all her new shiny CDs*

AngelGal
Aug 21, 2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah people! Listen to her! Or I'll sick Simple Plan on ya! Go make your own forum to rant about them. They aren't my favorite but I like some of their songs. So if you rant about them here expect a message from me or Devil.

Allos
Aug 21, 2003, 01:17 PM
RANT RANT RANT! HA! TAKE THAT!

lil_devil
Aug 21, 2003, 01:30 PM
*Ice apears with Tsmikiri J-Sword in hand and slashes Allos*

AngelGal
Aug 22, 2003, 06:30 AM
SO YOU WANT IT THAT WAY DO YA? Well just come to this Forum Rant all you want I told the moderators and I won't be the one in trouble http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So ha! I won't give up! You've made me angry and I'll try to handle this! Tomorrow is my b-day and you can't wreck that if thats what you're tryin' to do so just go and RANT I don't give a **** what you do but prepare to be beat!

Allos
Aug 22, 2003, 08:53 AM
It's a little thing called sarcasm. Learn to identify it.

Bradicus
Aug 22, 2003, 09:22 AM
Simple plan eh... i dunno... they are no justin timberlake *laughs out an internal organ or two*

Ummm.. take this however you want.. A justin hate post or a simple plan hate post... i dont care.

Kizaragu
Aug 22, 2003, 06:39 PM
AngelGal you have Issues. lighten up a little. It's just our opinion, Your in a forum, what do you expect? Don't take it so hard. We didn't mean to upset you. Well, I didn't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShadowFOrce
Aug 22, 2003, 08:24 PM
Simple plan sucks so badly it hurts, they sound like little 11 year old girls! And they can't play guitar worth crap!

Simple Plan: SUPER LETS PLAY OUR SUPER POWERCHORDS SUPER SUPER I'M A GIRL WOHOO!

Me: ........ * walks out of room, comes back with ChainSawd* Hm... lets play a little game......

*blood* blood* *blood* *blood* *blood*

Zaneatron
Aug 26, 2003, 04:13 PM
i cant honestly condone the actions of simple plan, they arnt the best band in the world, id say they were in amongst the ranks of the music and many other bands begining witht the word the. to me heartbreaker sounds very similar to lit at the begining so i dont like that, when a band opens with almost the exact same chords as another *cough,cough* i have quite a bad cold after returning from the reading festival (thats somthing that mostly british ppl would get) there were proper bands there except for good charlotte, apparently they got bottled but not as badly as daphnie and celeste a few years ago (such happy mempories (i saw that bit on tv tho)). to close this "rant" if u will simple plan are a far cry from emo, finch is emo and im sure a few other drive-thru (record label) bands are as well. (forums and pms have made me discover how much i talk, its crazy, ill shut up now!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zane-online on 2003-08-26 14:17 ]</font>

Omni-SqwirL
Aug 27, 2003, 01:17 PM
They are Good Charlotte Rip-offs....and I dislike both. New Found Glory sucks also, and I have no clue why I like NFG.....it's totally against everything i stand by. Terrible people...catchy music for some reason.

I now procede to kill myself