PDA

View Full Version : Help me on what to do--as I don't have a brain

AUTO_
Aug 19, 2003, 01:31 PM
Ok...school's about to start, and football games are just on the horizon.

Here's my position:

When I woke up today (11am) I got a phone call from the football coach...but more known to me as my math teacher. He tells me he needs someone to videotape the football games, and he thinks I'm a dependable person to do it.

I told him I would think about it, so he told me to call him tomarrow. Now, the only problem is: I don't remember if he told me he needs someone to tape the HOME games (could actually roll my lazy ass out of bed to tape these) or if he just said he needed someone to tape THE games.

Now, I'm willing to tape the home games, but I'm afraid if I call him and say "Hey Mr. Nelson, I can do the home games," he'll give me some jazz like "Well what about the away games?" or "Well I would need you to do the away games too."

I know what you're all thinking--this is the pettiest of problems you've ever read; but alas! My Math/Football Coach is the ONE PERSON YOU DON'T WANT to displease. I actually didn't even want to tape the games, but in fear of getting bashed my entire math career I thought otherwise.

What should I do?

Should I tell him I'll do home games and say I can't do away games if they need to be taped?

Should I tell him I don't want to tape the games?

Be my conscience.

Obscenity
Aug 19, 2003, 02:32 PM
No offense or anything, but the problem sounds like it's with you. If you don't want to do something, you can't be afraid to speak up. I remember what it's like to be singled out by teachers. Seems like it happened to me more than my fair share of times. I never had a problem telling them to fuck off, though. Or anyone else for that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-19 12:34 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Aug 19, 2003, 02:36 PM
Dude, its going to be all games. They tell you to videotape it so they go over it. So I assume its both.

RedFox
Aug 19, 2003, 02:55 PM
Help me on what to do--as I don't have a brain

most of us dont have brains either... your probably asking the wrong people...

Valleo
Aug 19, 2003, 03:12 PM
I dont understand the problem. If you are worried that he will punish you unfairly for not wanting to do him this favor then give him an excuse that makes it sound like you have no control over the matter, such as;

"I couldnt commit to taping all the games because Im getting a part time job after school".

"Sorry, but my parents want me to (insert something your parents might make you do here) this year so I dont know how much free time I would have to do this".

Whatever you do, make sure that the excuse in no way makes it sound like you will be busy every single day. That way, if he ever sees you lounging around, or even at a football game, you could just tell him that this is one of your days off or something. Dont box yourself into a lie.

If I actually knew you i could probably come up with some better ones.... Oh wait... be your conscience? Oops, so much for that.

AUTO_
Aug 19, 2003, 04:04 PM
It is all the games.

The bus for away games leaves at 6:30 AM every day...I have no problem taping the home games. But, like I said, you don't just tell him you want to do the home games and not the away--because he's the kind of person who takes EVERYTHING to close to heart.

Example?

Last year in math we had a kid say the Bears wouldn't make it to the playoffs (joking) and he gave us three tests the next day, and gave us all 0's on that day's assignment.

In short, I'm either going to have to do all the games or tell him I'm to busy to do either--which is a complete bs excuse.

I can understand those of you reading this having NO IDEA what the problem may be, but if you knew my teacher and just the overall situation you might have a better idea.

Gestiv
Aug 19, 2003, 06:06 PM
...Doesn't sound like a very good teacher to me... maybe you should talk to your guidance councelor about the coach him... if he takes personal things into his career he's not doing his job correctly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif Let alone if he holds a joke against you.