PDA

View Full Version : story?

KaizerMach
Aug 19, 2003, 10:12 PM
Is there any inkling as to what the story is?

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 10:13 PM
It continues the stroy of episode 1&2.

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 10:14 PM
We don't know since we don't read Japanese and the storyline in Episode 3 Trial is very limited

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 10:18 PM
well i guess were gonna need some info from the japanese when it coems out for them O_~

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 10:21 PM
even if we could read, there's only about 2 lines per character if offline mode.

AUTO_
Aug 20, 2003, 12:26 AM
Lolli I figured Japanese would be one of the sixty-nine languages you're fluent in. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Aunt_Betty
Aug 20, 2003, 09:51 PM
heres what I THINK ok! if i make a mistake dont blame me!

In 21 years pioneer 2 is now a home to the ppl. But however the new job 4 a hunter is 2 destroy the arzs and 4 the arzs to destroy the hunters...So pioneer 2 was sepperated in 2 2 sides on 1 the Hunters and on the other the Arzs....

Davion
Aug 21, 2003, 10:38 AM
So is there anything we do know for sure about the plot?

Kanore
Aug 21, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-08-21 08:38, Davion wrote:
So is there anything we do know for sure about the plot?

Other than it being 21 years after Episode 2, which ended the Rico and Flowen mysteries, I think not.

Davion
Aug 21, 2003, 03:12 PM
On 2003-08-21 11:36, ChibiWarrior wrote:

Other than it being 21 years after Episode 2, which ended the Rico and Flowen mysteries, I think not.

Drat! Are there any people who can read enough JP text to make anything else out?

Getintothegame
Aug 21, 2003, 03:14 PM
On 2003-08-21 13:12, Davion wrote:

Drat! Are there any people who can read enough JP text to make anything else out?

Uhhh... Its 14 years after Pioneer 2 came around orbit of Ragol?

Kanore
Aug 21, 2003, 03:18 PM
On 2003-08-21 13:12, Davion wrote:

I'd love to know what the text in that intro says too... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Getintothegame
Aug 21, 2003, 11:36 PM
I'll try to deciper the Japaneese tonight. So far, here:
----------------------------------------------------

phantasy star online episode III

Welcome to the next level of phantasy Star Online.

People in the night
Far beyond land
Take my hand
You'll have the might

4-player cooperative fighting card battle

Online tactics battle

Heroside

Darkside

Nothing will last forever
No need to stay here
Free you from an ednless spell
You should leave now and find your well
Let the four winds blow again
You make your story

Davion
Aug 22, 2003, 09:33 AM
No need to stay here? Hmm, do you think we might be leaving Ragol?

Moo2u
Aug 22, 2003, 02:28 PM
On 2003-08-22 07:33, Davion wrote:
No need to stay here? Hmm, do you think we might be leaving Ragol?

Certainly looks that way. If there was a planet with that many problems on it (Falz, Olga) I'd leave it. I ain't stayin' on a place with creepy monsters!

Logical2u
Aug 22, 2003, 03:22 PM
I wonder if its saying that the basis of EP3 will be to find a way OFF Ragol before the evil people use it to blackmail us... Hmm. And I wonder if 'Free you from and endless spell' means that people have been drawn into Ragol before, or if it means that the Arz are actually Dark Falz's manifestation inbetween the milenial cycle, which means if you defeat them you defeat falz as well? Or does it mean that Falz will be enternally free or enternally chained?... Hmm...

Kanore
Aug 22, 2003, 03:27 PM
On 2003-08-21 21:36, Getintothegame wrote:
I'll try to deciper the Japaneese tonight. So far, here:
----------------------------------------------------

phantasy star online episode III

Welcome to the next level of phantasy Star Online.

People in the night
Far beyond land
Take my hand
You'll have the might

4-player cooperative fighting card battle

Online tactics battle

Heroside

Darkside

Nothing will last forever
No need to stay here
Free you from an ednless spell
You should leave now and find your well
Let the four winds blow again
You make your story

Isn't that the game intro? I thought we were talking about the intro before you create your character.

Getintothegame
Aug 22, 2003, 05:46 PM
D'oh, tell me what you want to try to decipher?

The Japaneese in the intro before the main screen?

Kanore
Aug 22, 2003, 06:31 PM
On 2003-08-22 15:46, Getintothegame wrote:
D'oh, tell me what you want to try to decipher?

The Japaneese in the intro before the main screen?

The one before you create your character... You select 'New data' or whatever, and it shows you an intro, showing scenes of Hunters in the City and Labs... THAT intro.

Getintothegame
Aug 22, 2003, 09:50 PM
Oh, ok. I'll work on it ASAP

Minty
Aug 23, 2003, 10:04 AM
Well, remember when Pagini (Hopkins' dad) told us about Pioneer 3 already leaving? Well, I think ARKS is pioneer three.

Logical2u
Aug 23, 2003, 10:20 AM
Arkz are the bad guys.

If I may submit my own intrepretation of your statement?

We know that:
Pioneer 1: Military to make it safe
Pioneer 2: Colonization group
Pioneer 3: Leftovers, such as criminals, badguys, ect?

Tekershee
Aug 23, 2003, 11:58 AM
That seems quite logical Logical2u.

Kadou
Aug 23, 2003, 03:06 PM
As I understand it, the Arkz aren't really 'evil,' though they may not really be that good. I don't remember where this idea came from, but I think there was just a rift in the government, maybe a revolt or something against Principal Tyrell (seeing as he apparently was not as interested in the well-being of the people as he ought to have been), and the Arkz are a separatist group hoping to gain control of Ragol and Pioneer 2/3. Of course, it's likely more complex than that, but I think that might be the basic idea of it.

KaizerMach
Aug 24, 2003, 09:48 PM
Why in the world would people send criminals and bad guys to colonize a planet? O.o

Kadou
Aug 25, 2003, 03:52 PM
Because they'd prefer to let the criminals stay alive. As I understand it, the conditions on Coral or whatever the old planet was called were becoming too harsh to live in/on/with. If the criminals were left behind they'd eventually end up dying. Of course, the conditions wwere probably supposed to be bearable for at least another 20-30 years after Pioneer 2 left.

Getintothegame
Aug 26, 2003, 02:41 PM
Translated with efforts from espiokaos.com (http://www.espiokaos.com/), and Sappharad (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Sappharad):

Mankind has settled within the universe...

Time was running short for the increasing population of the Planet Coral as its resources were being rapidly depleted. In response, a mass-migration to Ragol was planned.

Using a previously-unknown energy source known as "Photon," mankind created the Pioneer Project and sought out a new home. Further investigations began; the migration was planned...

...and the evacuation proceeded.

New life was conceived, children became young adults, young adults grew to adulthood. At the same time, events turned into hardships, and those hardships came to be worn as a badge by the survivors as time passed by.

A.U.W. 3105
The main objective was to land Pioneer 2 on the surface of Ragol.
Twenty-one years had passed since witnessing the shocking disaster on the planet below

(The 2 remaining lines left cant be translated, hard to read, but I'll try to translate it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-08-26 12:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-08-27 17:04 ]</font>

Sappharad
Aug 27, 2003, 12:15 PM
Mr. Weeks finished his translation of the intro.

Mankind has settled within the universe...

Time was running short for the increasing population of the Planet Coral as its resources were being rapidly depleted. In response, a mass-migration to Ragol was planned.

Using a previously-unknown energy source named "Photon," mankind created the Pioneer Project and sought out a new home. Further investigations began; the migration was planned...

...and the evacuation proceeded.

New life was conceived, children became young adults, young adults grew to adulthood. At the same time, events turned into hardships, and those hardships came to be worn as a badge by the survivors as time passed by.

A.U.W. 3105
The main objective was to land Pioneer 2 on the surface of Ragol.
Twenty-one years had passed since witnessing the shocking disaster on the planet below.

Still unable to descend to Ragol, the citizens aboard Pioneer 2 had begun to become accustomed to their confined way of life.
When plans to urbanize Ragol were set into motion, many disputes between those involved broke out. And unbeknownst to many, a new governing city was established below the surface of the ocean...

Following the removal of Principal Tyrell from office, Pioneer 2 continued its search for a new path while floating in orbit over the Planet Ragol...

All thanks should go out to him (http://www.espiokaos.com/) for the complete translation.