PDA

View Full Version : Is it Just Me?

MisguidedGamer
Aug 20, 2003, 12:37 AM
Is it just me or do rangers suck? I started a ramar and he uses frozen shooter, heavens punisher, guld milla, spread needle and yas 7k. Plz give me some good reasons so I don't delete him lol.

TyroneBiggums
Aug 20, 2003, 12:56 AM
rangers kick ass but it does piss me off how peter north gets tossed around like a lil bitch in ultimate tho...

NKOTB
Aug 20, 2003, 01:08 AM
If you just started a RAmar and have all those items then you did not find any of them.

I would say the problem is that you don't know how to play the RAmar because you never did any actual work building it up and learning.

In my opinion all character classes are just about even.

Rep0
Aug 20, 2003, 01:17 AM
Drop the dupes, pick up a handgun. It's not the character's fault that you can't play it properly.

Uber-Chan
Aug 20, 2003, 02:25 AM
On 2003-08-19 23:17, Rep0 wrote:
Drop the dupes, pick up a handgun. It's not the character's fault that you can't play it properly.

=D That's now one of my favorite quotes.

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2003, 02:51 AM
I find them pretty good, although, not brilliant. I always seem to have to use that damn Froozen Shooter when I'm in Ultimate online though, kind of gets pretty boring. I think people kind of expect you to use it all the time if your a Ranger.

AngelAlys
Aug 20, 2003, 03:21 AM
You have to learn how to use a Ranger effively too, it's not all about the guns its how to use the tech along side it too, devastating combination there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2003, 03:35 AM
I usually find I always have to cast SD JZ as well even if there is a force in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Aug 20, 2003, 06:28 AM
Really, the only ranger that's worth anything is the RAmarl because of her level 20 technique cap and her MST (but the HUnewearl and FOmar are really better for a balance between fighting and casting). Really, Hunters and Forces can really outdo them in any realistic scenario.

Unfortunately, Sonic Team wouldn't know balance if someone imprinted it into their skulls.

RoninJoku
Aug 20, 2003, 11:10 AM
Ya know, those weapons that you got there would be ALOT more fun and amazing if you would play through without em until ult... Then if you really want you can use them... But what you do is completely up to you... I dont really care if you ruin the game for yourself...

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Aug 20, 2003, 11:18 AM
Ok, Rangers are really,REALLY hard to use if you compare how they perform from the other classes.They are not useless just hard to use.

Neverwinter
Aug 20, 2003, 11:22 AM
Nah, Rangers can be really cool to play as. I have a RAcaseal as my 2nd character i play as most and she is just fine.

Viperdude472
Aug 20, 2003, 03:19 PM
rangers piss me off totaly everyone says that humars are used way to much but i thing most peeps use rangers cuz they are easyest come on take a chance rangers just suck totally

Wishing_Wind
Aug 20, 2003, 11:13 PM
i got a ramarl and its 20 in hard mode and i do 500 to the darkflaz

Zinger314
Aug 20, 2003, 11:27 PM
On 2003-08-20 21:13, Wishing_Wind wrote:

That 500 per three-hit-combo, right? If that's per hit, there is something seriously wrong about that.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 21, 2003, 12:49 AM
they are probably some kind of cheater. but i dont know. rangers arent my specialty.

Lede
Aug 21, 2003, 12:59 AM
Well maybe becuase you picked a ramar, well rangers in genaral arent excalty power houses, cept racast, you just have to know how to use one.

MisguidedGamer
Aug 21, 2003, 01:44 AM
Thanks alot for your help guys. My ramars lvl 25 and I'm loving it. I guess it was just getting used to playing them. My opinnion of Rangers and there users has just changed dramatically.

Regina
Aug 21, 2003, 09:32 AM
i know how to spice up the game.....drop the f shooter guld milla and the yas 7k and play legitly..its no fun massacering everything at low levels dude

Xyhthyx
Aug 21, 2003, 10:02 AM
On 2003-08-19 22:56, TyroneBiggums wrote:
rangers kick ass but it does piss me off how peter north gets tossed around like a lil bitch in ultimate tho...

Peter North! LOL! That's a funny choice for a name, thumbs up!

Naagata_Clan
Aug 21, 2003, 12:25 PM
Hmm... for the most part it's good your enjoying your ranger and all that but I'd have to say drop all the duped stuff and just play with it legitimately...
*Goes back to leveling Kilika*
Alright! Finally tagged enough ATA!
*Runs to box and pulls out Yas 2K found by Yuki*

KingMx
Aug 21, 2003, 01:04 PM
Rangers can be alot of fun, I have a RAmarl thats now level 118 or somewhere around there. I play legit so I don't have any heavens punisher or guld millas but I have alot of fun with charge vulcans and my frozen shooter. I prefer RAmarls over Ramars because of the high techniques, they help out SO much in Ultimate mines and Ruins offline. I couldn't have made it this far with any other ranger.

vegeta000110
Aug 21, 2003, 01:19 PM
On 2003-08-20 21:27, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2003-08-20 21:13, Wishing_Wind wrote:

That 500 per three-hit-combo, right? If that's per hit, there is something seriously wrong about that.

It's possible if he has like 1000 or so ATP with wep attached, although that is a bit impossible.

Auracom
Aug 21, 2003, 01:50 PM
Delete him he's flithy...
Rangers are great but they need time... and I'm assuming you don't have time cause you loaded him with dupes. *puts away flamethrower*

theendisnear
Aug 21, 2003, 07:27 PM
why did you make a RAmar?! you should have made a RAcast

AlexTheGr8
Aug 21, 2003, 10:35 PM
find a snow queen and ur good to go i say

AlexTheGr8
Aug 21, 2003, 10:37 PM
and i think that all of u play way too much with ur 7 different characters on level 100 something. don't u people have lives? Thats more than 10 days in hours. Thats CRAZY people.

crazy_latino2
Aug 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
I think racasts are the best ranger. one they look super cool when you make 'em midgets. 2 why does there have to be a 2? but i don't think you should shut out ramars though. i'm not the kind of guy who HAS to be the best player in the game. ramars look cool. most of you guys think that they look stupid and weak with there big ol' armor, but c'mon people! Its a fantasy world god dammit! how do you know thats not the style in that world. i know that like most of the people who play pso are anime lovers, geeks, nerds, losers, etc. and i've seen some of these anime guys, like goku for example. i know alotta you guys are dbz geeks, nerds, losers, etc. look at goku and his clothes, there so damn droky, his hair spikes stick way out, and when he talks he is so god damn annoying. so you can't cut the ramars out with look. oops sorry went on for to damn long and kinda went of subject. my fault. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-08-23 19:07 ]</font>

Zarana
Aug 23, 2003, 09:07 PM
They start out weaker, but from about 150 to 200 no class in the game can kill a room (or a boss) as fast. Stick with it for results.

LoreSeeker
Aug 23, 2003, 10:00 PM
I'm the RAmar extraordinaire, so of course I'm going to say that rangers are cool. RAmars and RAmarls are excellent classes because they have decent ATP, good accuracy, and some techs. RAmarls seem to be a little better balanced and more useful online, but RAmars are always appreciated by droids. RAcasts and RAcaseals are awesome online characters because of traps and ATP, but offline, it kinda sucks because you can't use S&D or Resta.