PDA

View Full Version : you know what will TOTALLY wreck this game?

bordering
Aug 20, 2003, 01:35 AM
cheating.

sure, it's annoying in ep I & II, but in the end, most cheating doesn't really prevent your enjoyment and progression in the current version, because it's a cooperative game.

why will ep III be wrecked by cheating worse than the current PSO has been? because the current version is a team based game. ...ep III is pvp.

imagine being a new legit player with no legit contacts attempting to go up against an immature duper who has ALL the uber cards and hammers your ass. not my idea of a good time. if the history of st's previous games holds (i.e. cheats discoverd almost immediately), well, then... there is no way in hell i'm touching ep III.

personally, i don't know much about card games. i'm 22 years old, all that crap happened when i was too old to care mainly. i do know that i hate traditional turn based rpgs like FF... but i also love tactical turn based rpgs such as advance wars, fft, and ogre tactics. so i dunno enough about the actual mechanics of the game to know if i would hate it or if the core gameplay would intrigue me.

one thing i do know is that i'm not buying it at lauch. i will wait to see if:

1. any of my current pso freinds (99% of which are legit) buy ep III.

2. if cheating becomes an issue.

if no one i know and like buys it and/or if cheating runs rampant, then count me out.

as far as i've seen, though, there have been no reports of cheating on the trial version. i dunno how much that means though...

Dgo
Aug 20, 2003, 01:51 AM
lol this a problem that is on everone's mind,but i think there won't be any at all besides "Q64" said on the trial v. you can't drop anything on the ground and i think he said you don't have anything on you. Everything was done on this computer so.. Hmmm but if those dam ppl with AR's get their nasty hands on this then all hope is lost where screwed. Well it did take them a while to crack gc(and xbox i think)so that should buy us alittle time to have so fun so untill then i don't think anyone should worry about it i know i won't.

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2003, 02:58 AM
Im sure ST have found a fool proof way of stopping the cheating, after all they have had plenty of time to get it right.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

-STE-
Aug 20, 2003, 03:35 AM
What you mean with cheating ? duping?
you know maybe sure you use usb memory card you can dupe cards but 1 you cant exchange S rank E rank cards 2 you cant exchange cards that arent doubles 3 you can use black king bar but im sure you not win heheeh

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2003, 03:39 AM
I think they probably mean creating cards from codes using.....

Gekiganger3
Aug 20, 2003, 03:51 AM
i must say i am a card player such as games sorta like epi3 and even tho cheating will mess up the game greatly i think the true thing that will seperate a good player and a bad on is not the cards but the deck and how you play your cards even tho dupeing will mess things up if you have a good enough deck you could beat a duper who never takes time to make a good deck..but still i hope people dont find a way to dupe on epi3.

-STE-
Aug 20, 2003, 03:52 AM
Episode I & II is out like from 1 year is code out? someone have item modif?

Use strong weapon dont mean easy win like ep I II i hope you understand this, if a little boy come online with dark flow tsumikiri ecc all duped sure he lose because is a game where you have to use brain and maybe he dont has it.

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2003, 04:15 AM
Yeah I agree that the codes will probably take a long time to come out, if at all. I have to say though, there is a big difference between hackers and dupers. Hackers are pretty clever people on the whole.

Kanore
Aug 20, 2003, 09:27 AM
Of course there's still the fact that you'll have friends in the game; so the ol' PW'ed games are the savior if everything comes to the worst.

rena-ko
Aug 21, 2003, 08:51 AM
so far it sounds like duping wont be that of a problem. i'm really glad to hear (now just some release dates would be nice).

Blackwaltz-R
Aug 21, 2003, 07:16 PM
If cheating were to take place, once someone is discovered to be a cheater, you can just spread the word on that player that the individual is so, cuz you can't progress through the game without playing against someone, UNLESS all they do is fight the NPCs lol which won't be self satisfying for very long, as long as you have friends playing, it won't matter if theirs cheating or not.

Armok
Aug 22, 2003, 03:33 AM
Card games cannot be ruined by having multiple dupe cards. I personally had no clue about card games so read some of the guides on some popular ones such as yugioh and Poke card game.

In both it seems easy enough to get a deck that can hold its only. Also card games relie on a combo of cards such as using a shifta magic card on a weopon to double its power etc. Also card games often have over 500+ (hopefully will have an easy 1000) cards to choose from there is not going to 'hopefully' be a difinitive unbeatable deck.

Card games also have card limiters so they cannot play a supa Olga flow flow monster card over and over. and even if they can a clever player could use like a weopon card with specail effect (bound to be in there) such as confuse or a freeze trap card (u never know) to destroy them turn them against themselves.

Wat will annoy me is all the exclusive Jp only compertions for supa rare cards thats US and Eu players won't ever see.

-STE-
Aug 22, 2003, 05:07 AM
Like i said bestes cards cant be traded.
Dark Flow ecc only with code maybe you can dupe it not with tricks not with usb memory. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

jt
Aug 22, 2003, 04:03 PM
matters not if u can hack the game or dupe cause u can play against comp with ur friends. and ALOT of people who say this game will suck are illegitimate peeps incase u havent noticed. I personally think that this game will be tight cause now i have a strategy game and its gonna take me back to my days of pokemon card battling *way back in 6th grad* im a sophmore now so its gonna be fun to play some cards wit my friends.

RuneScapeMan
Aug 23, 2003, 04:00 AM
I can tell that it's impossible to dupe the cards.

satoshi1
Aug 23, 2003, 01:04 PM
On 2003-08-22 14:03, jt wrote:
matters not if u can hack the game or dupe cause u can play against comp with ur friends. and ALOT of people who say this game will suck are illegitimate peeps incase u havent noticed. I personally think that this game will be tight cause now i have a strategy game and its gonna take me back to my days of pokemon card battling *way back in 6th grad* im a sophmore now so its gonna be fun to play some cards wit my friends.

I know how ya feel man. I'm a sophomore too, but I did my pokemon card battling in 5th grade. Our 5th grade teacher didn't do anything, so that's where we did our battling. I glad that there's more strategy involved in PSO now. It won't be as repetative anymore, which is always a good thing.

gamerdell7
Aug 24, 2003, 10:21 PM
Unless ST lets you use a certain amount of cards of a certain type.(like in the pokemon cards)

Q64
Aug 24, 2003, 10:30 PM
There is a limit to how many cards you can have out.
Arks can only have a certain amount of monsters out on the field at a time. The limit is set by strength NOT quantity.

ex: you could have 4 or 5 weak monsters out all at once or you could have 1 uuber strong moster out (i saw val-opt the other day). Or you could have 3 weak ones out and one moderately strong one out. Do you get it now? Once you reach the limit, you cant summon any more monsters.

Hunters (the good side) have the same limitations with weapons and armors. They only can equip a certain amount of weapons and armors. This is also determined by strength and not quantity. You can equip a few weak weapons or one uuber weapon.

This game is well thought out and designed. But i only have one complaint. The holy ray weapon is far too cheap. (it goes right past the stuff you have equiped and drains your life points directly)

-STE-
Aug 25, 2003, 02:07 AM
Limit is 8 card point (yellow circle on cards)

Murako
Aug 25, 2003, 08:25 PM
I personally think that duping won't be a problem, uunless AR codes or a weird glitch comes out. Just hope theres no 1 really unbaanced card.

Aunt_Betty
Aug 31, 2003, 04:21 PM
Look if ppl dupe lets say a bkb sure dupe just put em in your deck and HOPE EACH TURN U GET A GOOD DICE so it can be very bad 2 u if u dupe on pso3 we do not no if u can dupe tho

Huntley
Sep 7, 2003, 03:11 PM
Lets just say this, im not paying to play an online Card game where theres cheating involved, ive had to deal with duping and cheating since dreamcast so sonic team better have gotten it right this time and made sure the game is air-tight. If it turns out ppl can dupe in this game its gonna be Episode III C.R.A.P. Revolution

Zaneatron
Sep 7, 2003, 03:31 PM
i really want to say somthing about the common sense of ppl on these forums but im afraid ppl wouldnt like me for it so ill try and keep it to myself.
firstly listen to ppl playing the trial, they kno better than anyone one if duping is possible, from what ive read it isnt, the reason it works in ep1-2 is because of poorish coding and a lack of thorough testing. also it relies on the layout of the game and the fact there is a woman in the shop area to make this possible. also u cant drop items in this game and there are certain cards u cant trade. so there is nothing to say duping is possible, in fact i feel it wouldnt be possible to do so. the main worry is codes form ar and so forth, well i think sega shd take em to court or somthing to prevent bad things from happening.

Castoth
Sep 7, 2003, 10:26 PM
The flip side of this issue though is that rare hunting will be pointless now. After the initial appeal wears off after a few months, online RPGs usually boil down to leveling up and rare hunting (most online RPGs anyway). I just wonder if the game will have longevity for me and if I'll find some other aspect to concentrate on in this game...who knows.

Huntley
Sep 8, 2003, 12:30 PM
u can still play e I and II on eIII, that means all the duped items and everything are still availible

Atax
Sep 8, 2003, 10:40 PM
On 2003-09-08 10:30, Huntley wrote:
u can still play e I and II on eIII

No you bloody can't.

-LordNikon-
Sep 9, 2003, 07:24 AM
I agree with those who say that it takes brains to play PSO ep3, and having a bunch of duped cards in your deck isn't going to secure a victory.

Personally, I am very excited about PSO ep3. Already are we all paying 8.95 a month to sonic team, now we get a whole extra game to play online. Could we really handle ANOTHER rare hunting and lvling game? PSO ep3 is just what the doctor ordered. Its tournament and communication features are gonna be great. I can choose to go play some ep1&2 for some realtime action, and then go relax and chill in some ep3. EP3 is the icing on the cake.

To stay on topic, I feel that PSOw's new team features as well as PSOep3's tournament abilities are going to enable larger legit communities to form. This has already started to happen in a way, legit pso gamers are starting to not settle with playing alongside dupers. There are more passworded games and dupers are being left out of more and more games.

I rarely make open games anymore and passworded games do just fine as long as I have my friends and other legit pso gamers alongside to play with. If PSOep3 has duping issues and problems with people cheating, its going to be obvious who is and isn't cheating. Such gamers are just gonna have a more difficult finding other gamers to annoy.

Things should work out just fine.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 16, 2003, 12:16 PM
ine other thing to mention is that they CANT bring offline inventory or exp online, online and offline progress are SEPERATE, so youll HAVE to resort to playing online ALL the time to have anything to USE online, and we all know peeps CANT sign on with a cheating device activated, though theirs the chance that theyll find a way, since it can ONLY be made HARDER to do, not IMPOSSIBLE to do, but its slim to cause ANY problems online, and if they can, im sure it would be minimal, regardless.

starhealer
Sep 17, 2003, 11:11 AM
Either way, cheating or no, I want Ep. III. Strategy games interest me to no end and having to come up with good strategies to win card battles is right up my ally. I never really got into collectible card games, but a nice interweaving of RPG style game-play and story with a card battle system should prove to be incredibly fun.

Besides, I like to collect things. This will be a chance to collect many, many different things in a fun, interesting game setting.

So PSO Ep. III = happy starhealer.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 18, 2003, 12:13 AM
your the first ive seen to post ANYTHING like that at ALL on this and the sega forums, usually its just people saying that they either hate it, or they love it, and not backing up WHY they hate it or like it.

starhealer
Sep 18, 2003, 02:58 PM
Who, me?

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 18, 2003, 03:39 PM
Indeed.*nods*

starhealer
Sep 18, 2003, 04:16 PM
Oh, well, thank you.

fyrewyre
Sep 24, 2003, 12:40 AM
as said before. we all know segas history. i really doubt that this is cheat free cause every coder knows theres always a loop hole in the system and no matter how hard we try to circumvent this problem, its inevitable. im not here to bad mouth your game, i ran into a new generation of smart dupe users on ep2...and they plan on comming to ep3. heres a question...the dupe users who dupe and play and cheat on ep1 and 2, how can you sort them out? everyone will be legit on there in the first place. the max stats code has been out for 6 months now but not widely known. if some ppl are duping cards and using them to their advantage then how will you know? just because someone cheats (ethically challenged) doesnt mean they are going to loose or are stupid. i just thought i'd add that in.

Servbot41
Sep 29, 2003, 08:16 PM
Well, since these issues have come up, Sega MUST change the way it works online the risk of FSOD and such will posibly be gone. Thats really the only reason I havent gotten online for PSO Ep 1 and 2. I dont want my char after a few corruptions to be gone again. hes level 77 anyway, and I dont want to lose EVERYTHING I have on him (im legit by the way). So this just might change my mind about the Online and offline wont bother me anyway.

Sashi
Sep 29, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-08-20 00:58, AndyPandy wrote:
Im sure ST have found a fool proof way of stopping the cheating, after all they have had plenty of time to get it right.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

I remember hearing that alot before Ep 1+2 came out...

Debating weather cheating is possible or not in the FINAL version of the game is an impossible feat at this point. Sure, the Beta is a good summary, but thats all it is. It is not the full game, it does not have all the final coding. There will be a glitch. Whether it is found or not is a different matter.

I fully agree though, that if cards are duped, it does not equal a win. This one actually requires stratagy, not just A,A,B... until everything is dead, and a shinny new photon drop is at your feet.

Mixfortune
Oct 1, 2003, 06:24 PM
All I can say after reading this thread is that if
it is as solid as it seems, they wouldn't need to
include a Double Save on EPIII...that's what I'm
looking for. Dupers and Hackers that make themselves
overly powerful are easy to ignore and leave alone,
but there isn't really a "legit" way to secure
your characters against a corruption, and you can't
stop a corruption resulting from something happening
on your side (like pulling out the card while saving).

I only hope that ST minimizes the risk of corruption
that is created on their end.