PDA

View Full Version : What was your first reaction to seeing a hildetor?

shadowless
Aug 20, 2003, 08:05 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but when I saw my first hildetor it scared the hell out of me. It looks all hunchbacked and those freakish horns. Sorry this sounds weird but I just want to know where I stand.

dragonfan14
Aug 20, 2003, 08:31 AM
I was shocked that I actually found one it just looks so diffrent then the other ones. I died the first time I saw it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dirk
Aug 20, 2003, 08:33 AM
no reaction until it megid, then a sense of surprise and curse words thrown every where, while running in circles casting grants, and making sure alicia was not in the way, pretty stressful moment, and then more curse words and a subtile sigh when he dropped me an antidote. yeah go me.

mimicr
Aug 20, 2003, 08:33 AM
I was like, "finally, I want to see what rare I get"
Then, I killed him in at least a minute, Then I was like, "aww, stupid monomate"

Even after I beat it, I didn't know he shot megid, cause he never used it on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mimicr on 2003-08-20 06:34 ]</font>

Xyhthyx
Aug 20, 2003, 09:13 AM
My reaction was "Alast!" and I killed the thing.

mimicr
Aug 20, 2003, 09:14 AM
On 2003-08-20 07:13, Xyhthyx wrote:
My reaction was "Alast!" and I killed the thing.

You seriously said "alast"?

Xyhthyx
Aug 20, 2003, 09:21 AM
Outloud I did. And I smited the thing down to the fiery deaphs of hell!

rayner
Aug 20, 2003, 09:38 AM
My first reaction is " HOLY CRAP a Hildetorr? " I suspected that it was one mean mo-fo as it slayed my companion. We killed it and got a Star Amplifier... later that day we were doing another Heat Sword quest and we found yet another Hildetorr... and he dropped a second Star Amplifier. LOL

mimicr
Aug 20, 2003, 09:49 AM
On 2003-08-20 07:21, Xyhthyx wrote:
Outloud I did. And I smited the thing down to the fiery deaphs of hell!

Your talking like those people in the medevil(spel?)
times

KingMx
Aug 20, 2003, 11:01 AM
I was kind of scared to go in the room when I saw it, I had heard about the megid and yep... I got killed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

mimicr
Aug 20, 2003, 11:04 AM
I thaught the hildetorr shot barta until I heard about it shooting megid.

OniTatsujin
Aug 20, 2003, 11:16 AM
when i saw one..i thought..kill..kill..must..kill...
i killed it..
dropped me 1975 meseta..booyah..im 1975 richer! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
i wanted my syncesta..

Butoden
Aug 20, 2003, 12:10 PM
I never saw a Hildetorr before, I hope never to see one until I am lv 200 or something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EvilNixon666
Aug 20, 2003, 12:32 PM
The first one I saw was on the DC version 2. I was pretty shocked, because I didn't know they even existed. I thought "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???"

Then I had to fight it... it took a long time, but thankfully since I was up close it didn't shoot me with megid. I thought it was one of the coolest enemies I had ever seen, and I told my friends about it. Although it left me nothing but cash, I was still impressed by the fight it put up. It took me a long time to kill it with my level 100+ RAmar.

I would love to see another on the gamecube.

SAIJAN-ProDG
Aug 20, 2003, 12:32 PM
never seen one, whats the chances of it dropping a rare? and would the pipe trick work?

OniTatsujin
Aug 20, 2003, 12:40 PM
yes..pipe trick will work..and its drop rate isnt low but not high enough ^_^;;

Omni-SqwirL
Aug 20, 2003, 12:42 PM
"HOLY LORD!"

Auracom
Aug 20, 2003, 02:23 PM
I immediately started crying... nah I kid. I just thought he looked really cool, but I made sure I kept my distance because I heard stories of him killing people with one hit. I dropped a freeze trap and let em chill for a sec. Then I shoved my Yas9k down is throat! He dropped a Red Saber =|... ah well I've seen more since then got some nifty stuff.

Weaponslash
Aug 20, 2003, 02:34 PM
Well i said:Its...its LU BU run!
Not exactly but i was staring him for 30 seconds till i died from his megid

HighElf9310
Aug 20, 2003, 02:37 PM
Hey you Hidelt...Hey! Your not a Hidelt...oooo...rare monster...*grants*...thank you for my star amplifier!!!

That was a good day...

Viperdude472
Aug 20, 2003, 03:13 PM
i wuz like OHHHHHH SHIT translation: Damn this is gunna be 1 hell of a ride...yet fun!

LoreSeeker
Aug 20, 2003, 03:32 PM
When I saw it, I was like... That's not natural! Then I whipped out my Frozen Shooter and killed it. Can't shoot Megid when it's frozen after all!

Dragon_Ash
Aug 20, 2003, 04:23 PM
The first time I saw one I was like "Heh some kind of armoured ape" then I ran up to it slit it's throat with my Lavis cannon and got my frozen shooter...wait they have no throats....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2003-08-20 14:24 ]</font>

Slicer238
Aug 20, 2003, 04:50 PM
I seen one and turned it into swiss cheese with my vulcans. Didn't give it a chance to hit me or cast megid.

BablerMouth
Aug 20, 2003, 05:16 PM
I was like, oh well, another rare, can't be harder than pal rappie , i started shooting it with my Suppressed handgun( was ramar ), woaw, 30 dmg, nice nice.... then, he started to cast a barta, well i tough it was, till, insta death.

Nai_Calus
Aug 20, 2003, 07:01 PM
My reaction was "It's about fucking time." and then "You bitch." when it gave me an antidote. The other three haven't been any better. ORAN, of course. Of course if I ever do find two Syncestas I'll -really- go insane, since that means I'll want to go looking for a better Lavis Cannon, and I don't think I'll get lucky and get it after only 8 Pouilly Slimes again... Need to find some 'torrs with my PURPLENUM and my SKYLY, too. My RAmar could use a Frozen Shooter(Unfortunately, he -is- my PURPLENUM, and is at such a low level he can't clear Native Research yet), and my FOmars would like something better than a Kaladbolg to fight with. I hate 'torrs.

Monomate
Aug 20, 2003, 07:08 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! I ran hid, and thought 'ok genius...now that you've finally found one, what are ya gonna do with it...' i decided i would kill the hildelt first then worry about the torr...alas...i never got the chance...

i still think that it is one butt fugly mother fucker...

Rudoku
Aug 20, 2003, 07:47 PM
My reaction was: STOP HURTING NOL!!! PH33R MY BERSERK VULCANS AND GIVE ME A FROZEN #HOOTER! And it dropped nothing... but luckily I found another and got the rare.

hucasts_rock
Aug 20, 2003, 08:43 PM
I thoght I finally had my magic stone iritista...dropped a monfluid D=

Dhylec
Aug 21, 2003, 12:36 AM
my 1st thought was.. 'dang i dont expect seeing u!'
when he's falling down.. 'hey, where the red box?' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arinoma
Aug 21, 2003, 12:39 AM
You see, you have to play it cool. Like in my case, I was in a public game, and i just let those crazy bots in the game beat it up with their freeze traps, not even muttering an 'omg'...I just hovered around it (and made it look like i was fighting). So, yeah yeah, it dropped a FS, i zoinked it, horray, i was like "I lub Hildators"

GyroidFanatic
Aug 21, 2003, 01:48 AM
I was just comming back from P2 on offline when I saw my first one. I thought, "Is... Is that a Hildetorr?!?!" Then I killed it and got a Frozen Shooter.

Newbie100
Aug 21, 2003, 05:07 AM
I was like Woot, and I hurried out the door got my inferno bazooka and then it killed me by jumping on me.

Xyhthyx
Aug 21, 2003, 09:56 AM
On 2003-08-20 07:49, mimicr wrote:

times

I like the medevil times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

M_BlackHawk
Sep 4, 2003, 03:01 PM
First time I saw a Hildetorr was on DC v2. It was right before the dragon teleporter. I had a lvl 110 HUnny, carrying a 30% native Red Saber. Needless to say, I was wondering "How in the hell am I going to beat this thing?". It took numerous jellen/zalures..plus a couple of Shifta/Debands and I lost count of hte number of Restas I had to use to beat that merf...only for a Trimate

later

M_BlackHawk

Neith
Sep 4, 2003, 03:15 PM
Thought it looked wierd, to say the least, didnt see it long enough, cos it killed me in 1 hit! :S
I was on as Uriko (lv109 Hunewearl), and I had a Lv18 Deband on, so it must have a s*** load of ATP.... I only get a Red Saber anyway from it, and im not in need to many weapons, more armour WITH slots..

mimicr
Sep 4, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-08-21 07:56, Xyhthyx wrote:

On 2003-08-20 07:49, mimicr wrote:

times

I like the medevil times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HA!
You didn't say anything medevil that time!
HA!... AGAIN!

MAGusZ87
Sep 4, 2003, 04:39 PM
...it's medieval

mimicr
Sep 4, 2003, 04:50 PM
I don't care

Digi-Dolphin
Sep 5, 2003, 04:58 AM
First thoughts: "Da heck is that? Funniest lookin' Hildebear wannabe I've ever seen."
Second thought: "Still drops at my feet like 'em. God I love my Red Handgun."
Out loud after cross checking Rare Monster guides: "You mean THAT was a Hildetorr?! Why didn't anyone tell me that thing had Megid! Ya'll better be damn glad I've got a high defense against Dark! I didn't have a pipe down!"

Got a lousy photon drop out of it. Meh, that's one more than I had before.

Capricornus
Sep 5, 2003, 05:16 AM
On 2003-08-20 12:23, Auracom wrote:
I immediately started crying... nah I kid. I just thought he looked really cool, but I made sure I kept my distance because I heard stories of him killing people with one hit. I dropped a freeze trap and let em chill for a sec. Then I shoved my Yas9k down is throat! He dropped a Red Saber =|... ah well I've seen more since then got some nifty stuff.

Hey Auracom, played with you once and you char (Auracom) looks cool but I was wondering if you have a purplenum high level char?
Anyway, the first hidetorr I encountered was in Temple and I still remember being afraid to be touched by his megid (I was doing Max attack 2 solorun at that time) because dying would result in the end of the quest and thus the end of my hildetorr encounter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I managed to kill him (not easy with all the other Hidelts in the same room) and he gave me a rabbit wand (100% rare found with all my rare enemy encounters so far http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
He does impress by his looks though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2003-09-05 03:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2003-09-05 03:19 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Sep 5, 2003, 08:14 AM
Like every one else: "Hmmm its different.....KILL IT!"

While I've only ever seen one...I killed it JUST before it fired of a megid that would undoudtedly kill me. It was kind though and gave me a frozen shooter the rarest things I've ever had.

toxic_420
Sep 5, 2003, 08:21 AM
looks like a hidelt and a gulgus got busy imo

Rownan
Sep 5, 2003, 09:00 AM
Never used megid on me, but it was quite amazing that I came across it. I jumped up out of my seat, ran towards it as fast as I could cause I knew that if it spit at me I was a gonner(I have horrible luck with ob lillies).

So the senario went something like this:

*run* *run* *run* *run*

*TWAPPPPPT* Takes me down to 15 hp

*get up* *run* *run* *swing* 200 damage

*TWAPPPPPT* Takes me down to 5 hp

*get up* *run* *run* *swing* 192 damage

*TWAPPPPPT* Takes me down to 14 hp

*get up* *run* *run* *swing* 213 damage

*TWAPPPPPT* Takes me down to 13 hp

*get up* *run* *run* *swing* 200 damage

*TWAPPPPPT* Takes me down to 16 hp

For a few more minutes until I killed it, and it dropped me a magic stone "iritista"! Yep, first hildetorr.

Voltage
Sep 5, 2003, 01:08 PM
Plasma rifle S-Rank Jellen special to hiney.
"Hey he's a rare one"
Torr turns around, Plasma rifle gunshot to face, between eyes. He is unfazed, Jumps, lands on me.*crunch* He raises fist to dent my alloy face in.
*Froozen shot to chest* He turns to big ice cube.
Yas9k deployed. Hot lead uploaded to skull. Death comes swiftly. Red box obtained.

Blenjar
Sep 5, 2003, 01:26 PM
I hope I wasn't the only one who said
OH SH*T!

When I/we/they saw it when you least expect it.

Perfection_of_Mark
Sep 5, 2003, 03:07 PM
I was like, "WTF? that's a Hildetorr?" I had seen in some online pic what they looked like but when I saw a real one, I could help thinking he looked like a faded collection of cardboard and toliet paper glued around a hildebear. There're cool, but the crap i got off the one I saw sucked (it was a monomate or money, or antidote).

KingChaos
Sep 5, 2003, 06:11 PM
mine was 'yes' as i was doin the pipe trick then it was better not bitch(the bitch bein Alicia) then i killed and i was like yes i got a red saber(it dropped a red box)

FinalHell
Sep 5, 2003, 07:58 PM
I said wow. THEN I KILLED IT! It seemed the most obvious thing to do on a rare monster...

SpyroDi
Sep 5, 2003, 08:11 PM
I hope when I see my first Hildetorr,I'm not occupied with another enemy and Megids me from behind or critical-whacks me from behind also.

Kadou
Sep 5, 2003, 08:15 PM
Unfortunetly, I've yet to see a Hildetorr.

Xynthyx, or mimicr, or whoever, it's Medieval, and that line was hardly High Style/Old English.
Aloud I did. Then I smote the beast unto the fiery depths of Hell.
There weren't really any words in there that are unusual in the current English dialect, save maybe smote, so some people may not be able to recognize it as Old English. Also, it's not very likely that when speaking in the OE dialect one would use grammer such as 'Outloud/Aloud I did'. One would probably be far more eloquent.

Yeah, sorry, it annoys me whenever some dumbass (not directed at you) says something like, and I use your quote, sort of, 'And I smotedith thy thingst un to the firy depthseth of Hell... eth.' It sounds like they have some sort of would-be lisp.

CGoodness
Sep 5, 2003, 10:14 PM
When I first saw one I'm like finally! a hildetorr!

and i doorhung and eventually killed it and got a frozen shooter first try

i got up and started dancing around the room until i figured out that i would have to raise a ranger to be good enough to use it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xXSukasaXx
Sep 7, 2003, 09:30 PM
well,when i first saw one i was so ama...(hit by its megid b4 finish sentance)... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

Mr_Hero
Sep 7, 2003, 09:40 PM
I was like... "GIB ME YOUR RARE!"

And the other 20 or so i've seen i'm still saying the same thing. :|

BlazingTiger
Sep 8, 2003, 01:01 AM
I was like what the...

The first time I saw it was on the dc version 2 ultimate forest online... by myself...

I was like, "does anyone see this but me?", hoping someone would join the opened game.

It kicked my a$$. I told my buddies about it and they laughed as if I was telling old folklore.

I never saw it again until episode I & II came out.

That is the story of my life...

AlphaDoom
Sep 8, 2003, 03:45 PM
When I first encountered it, I was suprised to find it in 30mins and to get the red saber in 1st go. But then again about 3 months later found another 1 first try in 15mins and dropped a dimate. Maybe he forgot to swallow the frozen shooter?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDoom on 2003-09-08 13:47 ]</font>

colicab
Sep 8, 2003, 04:55 PM
still to see one at lvl03 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Musashi-Slasher
Sep 8, 2003, 04:56 PM
I only saw my first hildertor for a second because It used Megid on me. I didnt know what it was.

Blanks
Sep 9, 2003, 05:47 PM
when i played pso i found this freaky hidelt and i thought my gamecube screwed up so i turned it off and continued sniffing glue. after that i realized it wasnt messed up, it was a giant lizard. imean hildtorr
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Naagata_Clan
Sep 10, 2003, 11:03 AM
My first reaction to a Hildetorr... I was way too much in my character mode... Playing as Yuki I saw my team scramble to kill it, the only thing in mind was "...... a worthy opponent? " I watched my whole team get dropped like instantly. Funny thing was most of them choose to restart on P2... maybe change their inventory... I don't know, let alone care why they choose to. After a short battle, with lots of spells being cast... and running around it like a mad man... it died... then I just thought "..... how..... amusing that was....." And my team complained on how I killed it on my own, and took the Red Saber it dropped. Eh... go fig....

steveo
Sep 10, 2003, 03:20 PM
when i saw a hildetorr for the first time i was scared like f**k damm huge things and thier megid is the worst ,
the weird thing is i was with a friedn and i was lik e "i wish there was a hildetorr" and then bout 5 mins later there was a hildetorr,
even weirder when my friend went home i was talking bout my experiance trying to kill it with a online mate and then just after i said about it up came another hildetorr with its damm megid.......

Jack
Sep 10, 2003, 04:03 PM
I saw it, but I was in a game with some numbnuts using multi equip, who promptly one hit killed it and took the red box it dropped. I asked what it was, and rather too quickly, he replied "pdrop", as if he'd started typing as soon as he picked it up. Prat. This was in a Bluefull game, so it could have been a bloody Heaven's Punisher.

Jeff86
Sep 10, 2003, 04:26 PM
I have yet to see one, while I'm playing that is. My brother was playing online and one appeared he was like "Holy ****!" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif The tor didn't stand a chance with 4 people, didn't even get a chance use its Megid.

rena-ko
Sep 11, 2003, 09:21 AM
seen one so far, online, Heat Sword run, it got immediately frozen and killed, dropped a frozen shooter (whitill).

my thoughts: "dammit!! let me make a snapshot! gah, too late... well.. lets note the beattime..."

Luna15
Sep 11, 2003, 01:38 PM
YAY! (lol)

Dark_Cloud
Sep 11, 2003, 01:55 PM
I was on ultimate temple looking for rares got a windmil and was looking for a rabbit wand. ( never found it ) i found a lonely hidelt, piped 3 times and a torr appeared just like magic i thaught it was a (freeky) crossbreed between a hidelt and a gulgus i never expected to survive the encounter being only level 70ish. it dies and there was a red box oh great a pdrop, but wait it's a weapon, a berdyish for my HUcaseal.

XshinimoriX
Sep 11, 2003, 05:38 PM
heehee first reaction to a hildetor heehee that was funny. WELLLLLLL i simply RAN MY @55 OUT OF THE ROOM AND CLEANED EVERYOTHER ROOM BEFORE GOING BACK INTO IT!!!!

Silmarwen
Sep 11, 2003, 06:53 PM
AAAAAAAAAH! THE HORNS!! THEY WILL RUN ME THRU!!

lol . . I'm wierd

Nero-X
Sep 12, 2003, 04:17 PM
HOLY SUGAR SNAX!

fury02
Sep 12, 2003, 09:29 PM
........................................(pisses pants) No jk. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Loser
Sep 12, 2003, 09:37 PM
i was like is that my grandpa? no actually is just kinda KILLED IT!

Sinow-X
Sep 12, 2003, 10:29 PM
The first one i found i was like "Finally! These 44 HS runs Finally paid off!" then it dropped a monomate. thenm next run another! no f shooter for about 19 torrs....wierd huh? most peeps got thiers on thier 3rd or 2nd

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 11:03 PM
Hey, I'm about lv 107, do you think I'm ready to fight one? I'm going to get its head (J/K, I wish) Actually, I'm going for a Frozen Shooter for a friend, do you think I'm ready to take one on?

AxemPunanny
Sep 13, 2003, 12:29 AM
1 of 3 reactions for me:

(1) "Dayum!!" or "Whoa"
or
(2) "Yes!!! Finally!"
or
(3) "Biotch betta drop (insert rare name)!!"

sometimes all 3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-09-12 22:33 ]</font>