PDA

View Full Version : Help with MagFarm. Help Please!

PalRappy
Aug 20, 2003, 08:34 AM
Only read this if you're interested in what I was doing:

I am trying to make a nice Sato for my HUnewearl. I started off using paper, GameFAQs, and PSO-World. I'd use GameFAQs for the feeding charts, PSO-World for the MAG evolution charts and to make sure I could have the PBs I wanted as well as to see who to hand it over to to have the PBs I wanted. I'd use the paper to write down what I would fed it and how it would affect the mag and to keep track of the levels and the evolutions and PBs.

This part is my question, it's the only important part of my post:

When I changed the owner of the mag in MagFarm, then evolved the mag at level 50 with the stats 5/11/34/0, the mag did not change into what I had planned. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or if something is wrong with MagFarm (which I doubt)? Oh, I was going to give this to a force bluefull, which would mean it would evolve into either a Marica or Ila, PSO-World isn't specific on that part (I hope it's Dex>Pow>Mind for Ila, because I want Ila). I wanted to know what makes it an Ila, Dex>Pow>Mind or Dex>Mind>Pow.

So to recap, my two questions are what is up with MagFarm and what combination makes an Ila.

Firocket1690
Aug 20, 2003, 08:55 AM

if you planned the change (adjusted in MFarm)
you would've known it would change into whatever it did.

If you just suddenly gave it to another char (possibly diff clss and ID), it will be evolving differently

The MagFarm is just there so you can plan out what you do before you go and do it

If you get it right in simulation, you can get it right in the game, and since the simulator lets you save the record of what you fed, you can play with it until you find a combination that makes a sato, save it as text, then feed the exact same foods in order to your mag (in the game)

PalRappy
Aug 20, 2003, 09:16 AM
I planned the change, but I was testing it. See, i have differnt chars and I didn't want to make a new char just to level up the MAG, so I was testing to see what my FOmarl would make it, and I was getting a lot of mixed responses, so I simulated it in MagFarm. I expected it to evolve into a different mag, but it didn't. That's what I'm wondering, why MagFarm didn't evolve the mag when it should have.

Fanatic
Aug 20, 2003, 09:41 AM
There are two ways to get an Ila.
1) is for a Force of type B (Blueful, Greenil, Oran, Pinkal, Whitil) to feed it when it's level is 50+, divisible by 5, and its stats are Mind > Dex > Pow.
2) is for a Hunter of type A (the other IDs) to feed it while it has Dex > Pow > Mind

So you might want to exchange your type B force for a type A hunter if your mag is Dex > Pow > Mind

PalRappy
Aug 20, 2003, 09:42 AM
Thank you SOOOOOOO much. Now for my other question. Do you know what MagFarm isn't evolving the Mag when it hits 50?

Fanatic
Aug 20, 2003, 09:48 AM
It could be a little bug in MagFarm's evolution charts. Try posting your feeding schedule, so someone else can try to re-create the situation in MagFarm.

PalRappy
Aug 20, 2003, 09:55 AM
Owner RAcast Purplenum.
Feed 13 Monomates.
Feed 123 Antidotes.
Feed 30 Antiparalysis's.
New Owner: FOmarl Bluefull
Feed 45 Antiparalysis's.

Fanatic
Aug 20, 2003, 10:02 AM
With that feeding schedule, my version of Mag Farm evolves the mag into a Garuda at lvl 50. Now, Garuda is the type B force Dex > Pow > Mind evolution according to the charts, so everything is at it is supposed to be.

Also, if I use a type A hunter instead, Mag Farm correctly evolves the mag into an Ila.

If you did not expect a Blueful FOrce to evolve a D>P>M mag into a garuda, you've looked wrong at the charts, or at faulty charts ^_^

PalRappy
Aug 20, 2003, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I see now I was using a bad chart. THANK YOU SO MUCH.