PDA

View Full Version : Drop Rates

Soukosa
Aug 21, 2003, 12:08 AM
I've been wondering about something for awhile. In the enemy drop rate table in the game, the drop rates for the first 3 bosses are set to 100%, but I know for a fact that they aren't. So, I'm wondering if in an earlier version of PSO if the first 3 bosses had a drop rate of that. Also, since the drop rates are listed for the bosses here, I'm assuming that the official guide doesn't have them listed. So, I'd like some estimated drop rates for them from some of the more experienced players. Maybe with this information, I can make sense of the drop rates that are listed for the bosses. And, while we're at it, I'd like some estimated drop rates for the boxes that don't have a fixed drop type (and thus have a 100% drop rate).

Kunoichi
Aug 21, 2003, 12:12 AM
I can help with the Dragon's drops. In Very Hard, he dropped either meseta or a yamato about 5 out of every 5 times i fought him. For a while he dropped yamatos every time i fought him, and now i have 6 of them. But anyways, I would say he will drop something about 80% of the time

Bit
Aug 21, 2003, 12:15 AM
I've noticed this as well with the first three bosses, atleast on Hard - Ultimate. I've been stiffed a drop many a time on those difficulties, but on Normal, I always seem to get a Star Atomizer from each of them. Now, a theory I could have could be that the Normal bosses have a 100% drop rate, and that it decreases every difficulty level. perhaps 90%, 85%, 80%, something like that.

VulpesMundi
Aug 21, 2003, 04:11 AM
None of the bosses have a 100% drop rate on any difficulty, ID, or version of PSO to date. The only enemies that really do have 100% drop rates are all the Rappy variants and all the rare enemies.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 21, 2003, 07:04 AM
On 2003-08-21 02:11, VulpesMundi wrote:
None of the bosses have a 100% drop rate on any difficulty, ID, or version of PSO to date. The only enemies that really do have 100% drop rates are all the Rappy variants and all the rare enemies.

Well, thats not a hundred percent accurate. It all depends on the item the rare enemy has, I say the drop rate on a 1975 agito from a pal rappy in pinkal is close to 25%. And so on for other items like the magic stone iritista, syncesta, heavens punisher, etc....

Richard
Aug 21, 2003, 07:27 AM
I think Vulpes was referring to the chance of the enemy dropping anything at all. If you stay and guard the Rappy until it gets up, you're 100% guaranteed to get some sort of item.

Rare enemies are the same way. It will drop something. Guaranteed. Rather or not it's what you're looking for is a different story. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Logical2u
Aug 21, 2003, 08:56 AM
I shot a rappy once and it didnt drop ANYTHING, not even meseta.

PS: I believe the drop rates for bosses are actually around 20%....

Heres the japanese website I use for monster drops:
http://members.tripod.co.jp/sakaki2k4/ult.html

Firocket1690
Aug 21, 2003, 09:01 AM
it has been proven somewhere along this site that that thing is inaccurate, almost everyone thinks just because it's in JP means it's perfect ....

now if you'll excuse me ...

*pop*
sorry about your bubble

Butoden
Aug 21, 2003, 09:02 AM
How the heck do they get these percentages: 0.009918212890625%
It's crap!!

Logical2u
Aug 21, 2003, 09:09 AM
... oh. Thanks, I think. So the drop rates there arent right, hm? Ok, I'll try here.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=713

rena-ko
Aug 21, 2003, 09:33 AM
stated % some posts above would be the same as a drop chance 1/10082.461538461538461538461538462 which makes no sense at the first time. go and slay 0.46 enemies. yeah.

nonetheless, its something i for my part can hold on. i just would really like to know how they came to such %. did they make thousands of runs? thats the only chance.
is it guessed? no, i dont think so.

1/64 for all 1.5625% seems logical.
1/2 for most of the rare enemies rare drops is also something i'd say is true.
even the 1/10082-something makes sense, since you'll probably have to kill around 100,000 of that kind of kritter to really say what its drop rate is.

so even if some of the stats seem to be wrong or unbelieveable, i think the system behind it gets visible. maybe a wee bit off the actual ingame rate but imho pretty near.

and, in the end its always pure luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-08-21 07:34 ]</font>

excecutor
Aug 21, 2003, 12:23 PM
i would say the drop rate for bosses, is somwhere around 90% or above. i made about 30 runs through de ral lie, in excact order, and only didnt get an item 3 times. that would make it 90% excactly. although, the sil dragon seems to be more stingy in anything. i have fought him about 10 times with my bluefill, and he hasnt dropped about 4 times. i am going to start making more boss runs, but these are my expreriences. also, vol opt seems to have a slightly higher drop rate then sil dragon, but lower than de ral lie. i fought him at least 15 times with my greenlil, and it has stiffed me about 2 times.

Soukosa
Aug 21, 2003, 12:55 PM
On 2003-08-21 02:11, VulpesMundi wrote:

Thanks for answering that for me. I guess the drop rate for them could be 100% of a percent programed into the game. I guess I'll see if someone with a modded XBox can help with this, since it doesn't seem like you'd be able to adjust the drop rates on the cube.

On 2003-08-21 10:23, excecutor wrote:
i would say the drop rate for bosses, is somwhere around 90% or above. i made about 30 runs through de ral lie, in excact order, and only didnt get an item 3 times. that would make it 90% excactly. although, the sil dragon seems to be more stingy in anything. i have fought him about 10 times with my bluefill, and he hasnt dropped about 4 times. i am going to start making more boss runs, but these are my expreriences. also, vol opt seems to have a slightly higher drop rate then sil dragon, but lower than de ral lie. i fought him at least 15 times with my greenlil, and it has stiffed me about 2 times.

I think that sounds about right. Remember though that enemies with a fairly high drop rate can be funky with dropping things at times. This showed up when I did something involving getting drops from Hildebears on Normal in both episodes. They both have an 80% drop rate, but I got one less drop from the Ep 2 ones than I did with the Ep 1 ones.

Aurra
Aug 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-08-21 07:33, rena-ko wrote:
stated % some posts above would be the same as a drop chance 1/10082.461538461538461538461538462 which makes no sense at the first time. go and slay 0.46 enemies. yeah.

It's not telling you to kill .46 enemies, it says you have a .46% chance of finding the rare when you kill that enemy.

nonetheless, its something i for my part can hold on. i just would really like to know how they came to such %. did they make thousands of runs? thats the only chance.

It is possible to hack into the game's actual code, you know. You don't need to make thousands of runs and then guess if you can actually see with your own eyes

if{
rand.int(x) = .0098753652
}then{
rareDrop
}

or something to that effect

Soukosa
Aug 21, 2003, 01:59 PM
On 2003-08-21 11:29, Aurra wrote:
if{
rand.int(x) = .0098753652
}then{
rareDrop
}

If it worked like that, it would be next to impossible to get that drop.

Aurra
Aug 21, 2003, 02:03 PM
Which is why only two known Heaven Punishers have ever been found by anyone in PSO from something other than a Hildetorr.

Soukosa
Aug 21, 2003, 02:13 PM
On 2003-08-21 12:03, Aurra wrote:
Which is why only two known Heaven Punishers have ever been found by anyone in PSO from something other than a Hildetorr.

Not everyone's going to come out and say that they found something like that. You people over estimate how rare certain things are.

Aurra
Aug 21, 2003, 02:15 PM
Then please go find a Sinow Zele Psycho Wand and tell us all how long it took you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously Kalonera, there are some items in PSO that Sonic Team just wanted to be found by close to no one. It's like the lottery. Millions of people never win it, but a few will. The only Heaven Punisher drop in the game with better odds at falling than .009% is the Hildetorr one.

Soukosa
Aug 21, 2003, 02:22 PM
On 2003-08-21 12:15, Aurra wrote:
Then please go find a Sinow Zele Psycho Wand and tell us all how long it took you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously Kalonera, there are some items in PSO that Sonic Team just wanted to be found by close to no one. It's like the lottery. Millions of people never win it, but a few will. The only Heaven Punisher drop in the game with better odds at falling than .009% is the Hildetorr one.

The drop rate of the rares in the game are not stored as percents and are most likely not fixed.

Aurra
Aug 21, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-08-21 12:22, Kalonera wrote:
The drop rate of the rares in the game are not stored as percents and are most likely not fixed.

Please, if you're going to say that, you've got to back it up with something! Not only would it be impossibly hard to configure the game's drop rates in any form other than percentages from a programming standpoint, but why would they bother? Percentages are so much easier and more accurate to work with. Also, if they were not fixed, that would mean that some outside influence would be affecting the rarity, right? I would think that Sonic Team would use this as an advertising perk. "Killing enemies at night may come in handy!" or something like that.

Fanatic
Aug 21, 2003, 02:38 PM
Problem is, drop calculations are probably a lot more complex than just a lookup in a % table.

Hypothetical example:
Each enemy determines it's drop by picking randomly within +/- 5 item levels of it's own level. The possible drops here are weightened inversely proportionate to their quality rating.
Result: you have drops similar to what we experience today, but the actual % for each rare/monster varies a lot. Putting up a table with drop% would take up more memory than having the quality rating.

Soukosa
Aug 21, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-08-21 12:25, Aurra wrote:
Please, if you're going to say that, you've got to back it up with something! Not only would it be impossibly hard to configure the game's drop rates in any form other than percentages from a programming standpoint, but why would they bother? Percentages are so much easier and more accurate to work with. Also, if they were not fixed, that would mean that some outside influence would be affecting the rarity, right? I would think that Sonic Team would use this as an advertising perk. "Killing enemies at night may come in handy!" or something like that.

Fine, I'll come back when I have more things to back it up and when I'm more of a mood to argue.