PDA

View Full Version : For those who got the trial through play-asia.com

Ash1ey
Aug 21, 2003, 06:43 PM
I have a few questions for anyone who bought the Ep3 trial through play-asia.com and lives in US. Now I dont know if this is the appropriate board to put this is but... anyway here goes

1. Play-asia is in Hong Kong, thus did you have to pay any customs on the package?

2. Did the shipping take a long time? Friends tell me it takes along time to ship from Hong Kong.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sappharad
Aug 21, 2003, 07:16 PM
I ordered from Play-Asia, and...

1. No, at least I didn't. They marked the package as "sample." Hehe

2. They have several shipping methods, which tell you about how long it takes. They range from 7-15 day shipping for about $5, all the way to 2-3 day shipping for $23.

I took the 7-15 day shipping, got it in 9 days.

Ash1ey
Aug 21, 2003, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much, i love you for life lol, now i can order it

Would you like to meet up whenever I get it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2003-08-21 17:19 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Aug 21, 2003, 09:39 PM
Mine took almost 4 days for it to ship out...

Its still in the mail today. I chose the default, first option, for $5.00 which should take 5-15 days. I'm on my 3rd or 4th day now.

Sappharad
Aug 21, 2003, 09:54 PM
Really, I ordered mine on a sunday, shipped the next day (Monday).
Maybe they're busy.

Just remember, the server is only up till September 16th...

rbf2000
Aug 21, 2003, 10:25 PM
I ordered mine with the 3-5 day shipping and got it the next day (I dunno how 3-5 days translates to overnight, but I'm not complaining).

Ash1ey
Aug 21, 2003, 10:51 PM
Well I ordered mine today, i chose the most expensive one, the UPS one, 21$... but oh well I dont mind, I wanted to get a shipping option with order tracking, and the other ones just said that there was either no order tracking or limited, which confused me plus, I guess i would like it asap, since the trial is liminited time.

Does anyone know how that voucher will work for the free final version, will it be like a coupon code option?

Thanks for all the replys guys

rbf2000
Aug 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
Yea, they send you an email explaining how it works. It's just a code that takes off that amount from the price of the game.

Ash1ey
Aug 21, 2003, 10:57 PM
Okay, cool thanks, this is a big help for me, I was nervous about this whole thing... you guys cleared it up for me. Very much appreciated.

AndyPandy
Aug 22, 2003, 03:44 AM
On 2003-08-21 16:43, Steve II wrote:

1. Play-asia is in Hong Kong, thus did you have to pay any customs on the package?

2. Did the shipping take a long time? Friends tell me it takes along time to ship from Hong Kong.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

1. The dumbasses put the full value on the package for me so I had to pay the equivalent of $40 when it arrived at my house.

2. Shipping only took three days from HK to UK, but because there was a charge it took a day longer.

I was really pissed at Play-Asia for putting the full value on the box...they should know better being an import game company. Anyway they apologised and said they would put $0 when they finally ship the full version.

EDIT, I choose the EMS shipping option...pretty cool as you can track it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-08-22 01:47 ]</font>

Ash1ey
Aug 22, 2003, 12:18 PM
Like the guy that was delivering it said give me 40$ for customs are I'm not giving it to you?

I chose UPS... so I hope i dont have to pay customs, shipping was already enough money... 21 $