PDA

View Full Version : Forsaken Gamers: Offline PSO Players

skylimit0
Aug 21, 2003, 11:22 PM
Fellow gamers, the world of online gaming is cruel as hell itself. Gone are the days of free online gaming for PSO. (Excluding those who still play version 1) I am offline HUneweral lv. 101 Oran Ult. Mines and life is pretty depressing. My best weapon is a dragon slayer and my braveace. But there is hope and knowing that there are others who are in the same position as I am. Feel open to speak what you want to say because true gamers are a breed that show compassion to all walks of life that believe in the essence of gaming.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 22, 2003, 12:25 AM
Actually, I was an offline gamer too. Still am, I guess. lvl 120 HUcast, 101 FOnewearl. Tons of great stuff.

Corrupted today, offline. How the hell did I manage that? Skill. Now it's time to show my l33tness online soon with my saber+9

Nai_Calus
Aug 22, 2003, 01:39 AM
Yeah, being stuck offline does rather suck, especially if your sole ID is ORAN. This can be countered, however, with other characters of other IDs(As well as the tedium being broken a bit with some variety... Although most of the other chars I have that I widely use are FOs, and two of 'em are FOmars. >_>;). My HUmar has for the most part uber OMGWTFl337 equipment, almost all of it coming from my FOs(Things he uses he found himself are his Red Partisan, his 50% Hit Master's Gatling, his 4-slot Guard Wave and the non-rare units he uses). And from him, my FOs get their high-level tech discs, since he, at L107, can actually get through Ult Ruins/Seabed. Only thing I have yet to accomplish with him is beating Olga Flow. Already pwned Falz like crazy, but Flow eludes me because I either lack scape dolls entirely, or as was the case earlier, I got a really crappy layout with an essentially impossible room for my level and got so pissed off at it I just quit. Rargh.
I suppose what really sucks about being offline is the online-only content. It annoys me to no end that there's a type of Lily I'll likely never get to brutally slaughter. It seems one can't properly hate Elly until she's died on you a billion times during SotH. Let's not go into those fracking Photon Drops that get your hopes up and are utterly worthless. Although solo offline has it's advantages. No competition for rares when they finally do drop, nobody incompetent joining your team, no jerks, none of the stuff that pisses people off. Well, you can have the stuff that pisses people off, but if you're actually doing it it probably doesn't piss you off that much. O_o;
...Ok, I'll stop writing a novel now, this is what happens when I fall asleep after class(Mmm, four hours of Intro to Computers, where today we learned how to create folders and copy files! Wow! Stuff I've been doing for like, eight years now! Dude! Fracking prerequisites!). But yeah. Being offline can suck hot, hot balls.

Cab
Aug 22, 2003, 02:29 AM
The thing I hate most about offline is the fact that there are no quests for episode 2. I would probably play episode 2 more often if it had quests, heck I still haven't completed the temple on hard mode, whereas on episode 1 I'm on ultimate. I would also like some S-rank weapons, which I can't get offline.

AUTO_
Aug 22, 2003, 02:40 AM
I suppose it wouldn't be to bad if you hadn't experienced the game online.

Otherwise...yeah I couldn't last offline-only.

prismsub5
Aug 22, 2003, 08:00 AM
and challenge mode is even harder with 3 color-blind friends
(they cant see the colors in vol opt stage one)

vegeta000110
Aug 22, 2003, 08:16 AM
It's also boring when you and maybe only 1 of your other friends are in ult. because if you talk to people in VH or lower (and actually don't look around for info) will be like "Dude, what the F*** is a Dal Ral Lie?" when you talk to them about it. I think challenge mode stinks with your friends that don't know what they are doing. Last time I tried C1 (because I've never been able to complete it) my friend died in Forest 1.

Dhylec
Aug 22, 2003, 07:11 PM
i was an offliner hucaseal til lv130
the only pain is if ur playing on dc.. ep2 offline isnt all that bad w/multi mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
TRY to get online ppl! a different world it is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Aug 22, 2003, 07:18 PM
psssst, use this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=63923&forum=1&54