PDA

View Full Version : Should i import this game?

RagRappy2000
Aug 22, 2003, 12:18 AM
Ok first off i already have a modchip installed in my gc to play jp games and had it for a pretty long time so it didnt just happen. The only place i can think of getting it is play-asia. The bad thing is the trial could end soon and i dont even know if the full version will have an english option http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif well any opinions???

Ash1ey
Aug 22, 2003, 12:21 AM
Hmm, well i think that an English option will be in the final version, as all the other trial version were only in Japanese, as the final versions have an option for English (and other languages) , but if you really are cautious about this, you should wait till the full JP release is out, then ask about it here.

PS: Also, even if you put it in English, the hunters liscence purchase screen, and the screen where you put in your ISP info, will still be in Japanese, but Im sure there will be guides on how to do all that once its released.

Hope this helped

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2003-08-21 22:23 ]</font>

BogusKun
Aug 22, 2003, 05:46 AM
Its not so hard to get thru it if you know the language but...

Its about the same on every other imported guide to HL even for import Ep1 and 2. trust me its the same.

Dont worry about it

BobJones
Aug 23, 2003, 03:31 PM
The full version will definitely have an English option. If you want the trial, go ahead now before it ends. Only thing is that as you know, it's in Japanese. But there are guides here and other websites that'll guide you through the process of going online, the battle system, and other useful things. I ordered the trial, and that should be coming either tomorrow or Monday. So, hopefully maybe I'll see ya on the trial. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Link00seven
Sep 1, 2003, 07:22 PM
I would import it. Especially if you have EpI&II Ver 1.1. Your HL carries over, so, 1500 yen ($12) for 3 months of EpI&II and EpIII.

Thats what I'm doing. I'll be getting Ver 1.1 next week!

And about EpIII, import it. I'm sure it'll have the English option, and about it not connecting to the US servers? I dont see why it wouldn't, since it connects to EpI&II's servers (hell, you can talk to people on EpI&II)

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 12:08 PM
On 2003-09-01 17:22, Linkooseven wrote:
And about EpIII, import it. I'm sure it'll have the English option, and about it not connecting to the US servers? I dont see why it wouldn't, since it connects to EpI&II's servers (hell, you can talk to people on EpI&II)

Isn't this a slight Paradox? EP3 takes place 20 some years after Ep2. So, you can talk to people 20 years in the past?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sashi on 2003-09-02 10:09 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Sep 2, 2003, 01:24 PM
That's weird, there is a modchip for the gamecube, the only thing I know is the boot disc which is the Free Loader and Lik-Sang always tests it's products before you buy them which is very cool

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-09-02 11:24, Sharkyland wrote:
That's weird, there is a modchip for the gamecube, the only thing I know is the boot disc which is the Free Loader and Lik-Sang always tests it's products before you buy them which is very cool

It isn't exactly a "chip". Its wires connecting to the Motherboard, making a complete circuit. When the circuit is completed, it uses the Japanese boot up data on a US cube. Vice versa on a JP cube.

EU cubes are not moddable in this way though.