Why don't Americans care?

AUTO_
Aug 22, 2003, 12:32 AM
On 2003-08-21 22:29, Morfos wrote:

You're an American aren't you?

Morfos
Aug 22, 2003, 12:37 AM
yeah, but why don't most Americans care? And why don't you have anything to say about what happened in France? You don't care do you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-08-21 22:37 ]</font>

AUTO_
Aug 22, 2003, 12:38 AM
Nope, haven't read it yet. I'm offline playing PSO...

Anyways, happy trails to them and their families.

Dangerous55
Aug 22, 2003, 12:44 AM
Horrible news.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/state/2...ion/6537714.htm

http://edstrong.blog-city.com/read/181067.htm

http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/to..._226152201.html

It was 10,000.

It wasnt an a terrorist attack. It was nature. Becuase I presume you are comparing this to 9/11.

And where the hell do you get off saying "Americans dont care", have you talked to every single American?

And why concentrate on America(aka The Empire to you)? Do the English care? Do the Chinese care? Do the Japanese care? Do the Mexicans care? Do the Spanish care? Do the Russians care? Do the Moroccons care? Do the Swiss care? Do the South Africans care? Do the Canadians care? Do the Germans care? Do the Iraqis care? Do the Iranians care? Do the Belgians care? Does every single French person care?

Oh yeah, everyone one of your links is a non-caring AMERICAN site.

"Blame America..."

AUTO_
Aug 22, 2003, 01:02 AM
On 2003-08-21 22:44, Dangerous55 wrote:

Horrible news.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/state/2...ion/6537714.htm

http://edstrong.blog-city.com/read/181067.htm

http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/to..._226152201.html

It was 10,000.

It wasnt an a terrorist attack. It was nature. Becuase I presume you are comparing this to 9/11.

And where the hell do you get off saying "Americans dont care", have you talked to every single American?

And why concentrate on America(aka The Empire to you)? Do the English care? Do the Chinese care? Do the Japanese care? Do the Mexicans care? Do the Spanish care? Do the Russians care? Do the Moroccons care? Do the Swiss care? Do the South Africans care? Do the Canadians care? Do the Germans care? Do the Iraqis care? Do the Iranians care? Do the Belgians care? Does every single French person care?

Oh yeah, everyone one of your links is a non-caring AMERICAN site.

"Blame America..."

High-five D55.

Serious...don't leave me hangin.

FOWL_MeCh
Aug 22, 2003, 03:32 AM
Wow. That's bad.

Kent
Aug 22, 2003, 05:33 AM
That has got to suck.

Heat Wave = Very, very bad.

Intimidacius
Aug 22, 2003, 07:04 AM
Americans don't care? Where is all the relief aid going to come from? What about England, Italy, or Russia, don't they care? Why is it always against America? When there is a mud slide in Venezuela, there sure are a lot of French people there to dig them out, right? It is disgusting that Morfos is able to twist so many deaths into another attack on the US.

Let's turn our attention to the actual tragedy, the loss of life. What can we do to lessen their suffering? Rather than criticize someone, let's try to do what we can to help them. Words won't help them, action will.

The best part of waking up is getting to eat

SorceressofTime
Aug 22, 2003, 07:18 AM
fuck. :s i'm not american and i used to dislike the french but now as i see it, i don't anymore for many reasons which didn't make sense before.

i hope the situation of this becomes much better than it already is.

rena-ko
Aug 22, 2003, 08:14 AM
yeah, bad things happen, sorry for them and my condolences to their families... but well...
in the end, its nature, things like that happen.

for caring... i didnt even "care" when my only granny died. its not that i ignored her death. i dont think you can determine this into yes and no.

Neoluke12
Aug 22, 2003, 09:30 AM
Im in uk but why do I not care???? I will tell you it is because we are not in france!!!!

Allos
Aug 22, 2003, 09:42 AM
You guys took the words out of my mouth.

Davion
Aug 22, 2003, 10:12 AM
These BS accusations against America are beginning to get on my nerves. It just goes to show that some people hate some countries SO MUCH that they will take every single chance they get to blast it. I'm not particularly fond of the French, and I might make the odd joke about them from time to time (just like the entire world does towards the USA by the way), but you don't see me saying the French don't care when something happens because it's far too general an accusation.

A large portion of Americans don't like the French very much. That doesn't mean that they don't care when so many people die and you have no basis on which to say that, Morfos. Next time you want to say how much you dislike America, just say it outright and don't hide it behind this humanitarian guise.

There, now I got that out of my system. I feel very sorry for France. No one should ever have to go through this. I also don't fully understand why people are (Or were) blaming the French government for this. It's not like they could stop the heat from coming. I don't know all the details because I've been on vacation for so long and I'm mostly out of the loop concerning world events. I also don't know what the French government could have done better, but I do know that it is human nature to point the finger when something bad happens.

Yes, that was an "uncaring" American defending the French government.

jediknight007
Aug 22, 2003, 10:39 AM
I'm from the UK and I love France because it is a wonderful country and they are our neighbours after all (well, minus the English Channel).
I offer them my condolences and I should really be lucky that the heatwave wasn't as strong here in the UK as it was in mainland Europe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-08-22 08:40 ]</font>

Morfos
Aug 22, 2003, 12:02 PM
I asked that "Why don't Americans care?", because our stupid media talks more about Isreal than what happened over there. What happened over there killed more than 9/11, yet most people don't even know about it. They talked about the sniper shooting that killed a few more than the heat wave that killed thousands. Why are a few Americans more important than thousands of Europeans? If most Americans cared, our media would of talked more about the issue. I doubt most Americans even knew it happened. Other countries felt sorry for us when 9/11 happened, so why not feel sorry for them? There isn't even a section for this news to talk about on Yahoo. What the hell? Nobody cared that 3000 French died? There should be way more coverage about this, but there isn't. I bet you that France gave way more coverage of 9/11 than what coverage we gave about what happened to France. Our media cares more about a few people in America than thousands in Europe. Doesn't anyone see a problem with that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-08-22 10:09 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Aug 22, 2003, 12:15 PM
On 2003-08-22 10:02, Morfos wrote:
I asked that "Why don't Americans care?", because our stupid media talks more about Isreal than what happened over there. What happened over there killed more than 9/11, yet most people don't even know about it. They talked about the sniper shooting that killed a few more than the heat wave that killed thousands. Why are a few Americans more important than thousands of Europeans? If most Americans cared, our media would of talked more about the issue. I doubt most Americans even knew it happened. Other countries felt sorry for us when 9/11 happened, so why not feel sorry for them? There isn't even a section for this news to talk about on Yahoo. What the hell? Nobody cared that 3000 French died? There should be way more coverage about this, but there isn't. I bet you that France gave way more coverage of 9/11 than what coverage we gave about what happened to France. Our media cares more about a few people in America than thousands in Europe. Doesn't anyone see a problem with that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-08-22 10:09 ]</font>

What are you talking about? Our media did cover it, your links were American! I know that I went to cnn.com and it had it as its Top Story, TOP Story, you cant get higher then that. There is a big difference between Terrorist attacks and nature.

And answer my question, why did you just say Americans dont care? Why not every single other human on the planet.

Bradicus
Aug 22, 2003, 12:18 PM
people can only care about what they know. The american media tends to only show american intrests in the news (no big surprize). It is impossible to seriously attack people about things they are not informed upon. Everyone here knows that death is not a good thing, so why say that they dont care if they dont know?
ignorance and desensitization are to blame, not americans in general

saffaya
Aug 22, 2003, 03:23 PM
Summer is typically a time of the year where you DON'T want to need to go to hospital in France.
A third to half of the beds are unavailable due to lack of personnel.
The understaffing is a chronic problem that happens to become much more acute during summer when personnel take their yearly vacations.
When you combine that with the heat wave, you get a lot of trouble for elderly people, newborns, or persons with breathing problems.

As for the americans in general hating the french, I guess it's part of the lies most Us politics and press wanted to put into their own people.

French people don't hate America. Far from it. I never understood where all this lie originated from.
Like if there weren't Mac Donalds everywhere in the country, like young people didn't listen to english speaking songs (rap, rock, whatever) or drank Coke/Pepsi, like nobody went to the theaters for the latest Hollywood blockbuster ?

Politics maybe ?
We ARE america's allies. There isn't a single doubt about this.
BUT, we expect to be treated as peers, not underlings.
Sure you Us are the biggest and strongest, no problem. That should not prevent you from showing some respect to your allies.

Intelligent comments welcomed.

BOC
Aug 22, 2003, 06:05 PM
feckin hell. god help the french.

the heat on the mainland of europe has been incredible this year, christ, even this rainy old island was baking something shocking.

as for the whole 'why doesn't the US/anyone care?' thing, the reason for it is that how can you care when you don't know about it??

honestly, how much coverage has this subject got on the news stateside? it could be a lot, but im sure it is probably minimal. its the same over here, i didn't know about these shockin figures until i read about it on these websites.

I'm sure more people would care if they actually were informed about it.

The thing is that every other news group in ever other country in the world is probably too busy reporting about events that happen within their own borders.

AND THATS WHY NOBODY CARES!

ginko990
Aug 22, 2003, 06:44 PM
Im pretty sure every american feels sorry for the Europeans who arnt used to the heat....

What do you want us to do about it? Send them ice cubes and air conditioners? i dont really get you.

jediknight007
Aug 22, 2003, 09:05 PM
Ok, I think that this thread is getting out of hand now. If Morfos didn't say 'Why don't Americans care?', then it would just be a thread about the tragic events in France. However, it has now turned into a thread about whether the Americans give a $hit about anyone else or not. At the moment, who cares if you care about the French or not. We should be focusing on the main point of this thread.

Morfos
Aug 22, 2003, 09:21 PM
Ok, I think that this thread is getting out of hand now. If Morfos didn't say 'Why don't Americans care?', then it would just be a thread about the tragic events in France. However, it has now turned into a thread about whether the Americans give a $hit about anyone else or not. At the moment, who cares if you care about the French or not. We should be focusing on the main point of this thread.

I agree, it would be nice if people can discuss the issue instead of defending their Country again.

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 22, 2003, 09:24 PM
I heard something about a heat wave in France a while ago. But I had no idea that it was this bad.

geewj
Aug 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-08-22 19:05, jediknight007 wrote:

two examples--

"3000 french died" This is a topic about 3000 french dying.

"3000 french died. Why don't americans care?" This is a topic asking why Americans dont care about the french deaths.

Why did the topic turn into an American defensive stance? Because you asked us why we dont care, and we answered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-08-22 19:33 ]</font>

Dime
Aug 22, 2003, 09:33 PM
On 2003-08-22 10:15, Dangerous55 wrote:
[quote]

And answer my question, why did you just say Americans dont care? Why not every single other human on the planet.

pwn3d.

Artemidorus
Aug 22, 2003, 10:06 PM
ok ok! Listen up!

The reason people think American's *should* care is because America is the biggest, and the best. So therefore we should lend a helping hand. Well, we haven't been too shabby about helping our allies, but normally we get a buncha shit from others~even the ones we help <cough>iraqibitches<cough>.

I do not know about any media coverage on it because my life has been nothing but band camp for the past 2 weeks (yay! I'm the new clarinet section leader! whoot whoo!).

I'm a France freak, so I find this news absolutely terrible. and guess you what! I'm American! Ha! I do care! It's just media biased-ness that makes it seem like the heat wave isn't important to us.

Don't start blaming the media, because they're tryin to make a buck, and I guess the economy, Hollywood, and Israel bring in more $ than Europe's heat.

Do you even know about all the African problems? Do you even know about Russia's pathetic excuse for a police force? Do you even know about the heat waves? People can't care about something they don't know about.

I'm sure Bush will send aid to Europe once more important things are wrapped up. I can't think of any examples, but then again, I've been outta the world for 2 weeks.

Ok, this is way long enough, I hope y'all read it! More importantly I hope I portrayed my point! See ya!

unknown2226
Aug 23, 2003, 01:21 AM
Morfos if you want this topic to be focused on the deaths, then why the heck did you put why Americans don't care.....

How come you don't put "How come Russia doesn't care??"

People are always attacking Americans, why do Americans do this, why do they do that....

Those people need to stop attacking America and worry about their lives....BTW America sends tons of humanitarian help to other poor countries, even when we are in an economic crisis....

RuneLateralus
Aug 23, 2003, 02:06 AM
Ok, this is out of hand.

People: stop flaming Morfos.

Morfos: please choose your wording more carefully. By putting why don't American's care, the message comes off as something very different as what you supposedly intended judging from your last post.

*lock*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-08-23 00:10 ]</font>