PDA

View Full Version : Hero V. Arkz balance, please.

rbf2000
Aug 22, 2003, 01:54 AM
Now, this is the trial version, so anything I say here is likely (read: hopefully) to be fixed in the final version.

But as it is now, after my few hours of playing, heros and arkz are not balanced.

Whenever you want an easy win against the computer, you make them an ark, and yourself a hero. Because hero's have their sheilds on them, while arkz have their sheilds around the playing feild. This would make you think that an ark would simply have to position themselves and their monster well in order to survive. Like baracading themselves in the corner to protect themselves from the onslaught. And while back there, having a monster attack the hero.

Or, better yet, trap the hero in the corner with two monsters.

In theory it's a good idea. The problem is the ark is always on the run, and even if you are safe for one turn, the very next, a hero can equip something and go around, or kill off your monsters, etc.

Now, if an ark trapts somebody in the corner, it should be game over. But I was recently trapped in the corner, and ended up winning. He had two monsters attacking me from each side, and then he would periodically cast barta on me from two spaces away (directly behind one of his monsters). I think I held out for about 12 turns. Killing his monsters, only to have them replaced by another, and likewise, him breaking my weapons, and I would just replace them. After 12 turns, I got a weapon that could hit two spaces in a row, so I killed him (he had 10hp left, and the wep just happened to do 10 damage).

Anyways, my point is, trapping somebody in the corner is the arkz bread and butter. And if an ark can't even win like that, then how can the two classes be balanced?

I have no clue how the two classes could be more balanced, but something needs to be done. Who knows, maybe I just haven't found the right cards, or the right strategy for playing as an ark.

*passes out*

AndyPandy
Aug 22, 2003, 03:51 AM
Yeah I must admit I find it easier to play on the Hero side at the mo. Maybe ARKS get better cards the more you play.

LollipopLolita
Aug 22, 2003, 04:51 AM
you guys just haven't seen a good arkz in action

-STE-
Aug 22, 2003, 05:00 AM
Arkz is only hard to use, if you are skilled you can win easy with arkz too and need set up a good deck.

Da_Jue
Aug 22, 2003, 07:37 AM
lol, Ive play a ARKS, but as have said STE, they are hard to use, but monsters are good as wall too XD

Kanore
Aug 22, 2003, 07:54 AM
Well PSO is now a strategy, so it seems you need more in mind to play Episode 3.

Galahad_DFC
Aug 22, 2003, 09:04 AM
The mysterious he in this post was I. Lets please all not base arkz on my play style. The play style of randomly pressing buttons that is.

LollipopLolita
Aug 22, 2003, 11:04 AM
galahad you're funny. read the guides!

Kadavreski
Aug 22, 2003, 11:11 AM
On 2003-08-22 07:04, Galahad_DFC wrote:
The mysterious he in this post was I. Lets please all not base arkz on my play style. The play style of randomly pressing buttons that is.

ahahahahhahahahahaha

Para
Aug 22, 2003, 11:31 AM
Whee GO Sil'fer XD

I agree there is some imbalance... think about it this way

Dark Falz vs many hunters however Dark Falz can kill almost everything in 1 hit. And this time Dark Falz can constantly regenerate itself. Who would win? Dark Falz because it can outlast everything else.

Shimarisu
Aug 24, 2003, 06:20 AM
This is funny, because every time I want to score an easy win, I make myself an ark, and the comp player a hunter.

Conclusion_COMP=fecking stupid. Unbelievably so.

- Shimarisu

Kanore
Aug 24, 2003, 12:51 PM
Bosses are monster cards? Really?

... Riiiight... they'd be god cards.