PDA

View Full Version : how to remove a character from the memory card?

MagnumOpus
Aug 22, 2003, 07:38 AM
greetings fellow citizens of ragol. i have a quick question, how can I permanently remove one of my characters from the memory card. i know that if you choose to recreate a character, it will delete the old character but than add the new one, but what if you just wanted to delete a character, can it be done?
your help will be much appreciated....
CHEERS!

peace love and hair grease!

rena-ko
Aug 22, 2003, 08:25 AM
can't ne done, you'll have to overwrite it with a dummy chara or whatever.

Mixfortune
Aug 22, 2003, 09:45 PM
It wouldn't necessarily save room anyways, I think,
as when it creates the files it sets asides the space
necessary for whatever it needs...pretty much the
same concept for only 4 characters on a 4x memory
card.

ABDUR101
Aug 22, 2003, 10:04 PM
Yeah, the PSO files on your memory card already take up the space required for four characters from what I've seen. That and it just makes more sense that it does that, otherwise it'd be a pain to keep track of space left if you wanted to make a new character.

VioletSkye
Aug 22, 2003, 10:23 PM
On 2003-08-22 20:04, ABDUR101 wrote:
Yeah, the PSO files on your memory card already take up the space required for four characters from what I've seen. That and it just makes more sense that it does that, otherwise it'd be a pain to keep track of space left if you wanted to make a new character.

Yep, what Abdur said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif When I use my USB and create a new character file (with no chars created yet) it takes up the exact same amount of space as when I have all 4 chars and 2 temp chars on the card.

Synch
Aug 24, 2003, 04:56 AM
If it doesn't use up any more/less space then why would you want to try to remove one char and keep the rest? It makes no sense. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Bit
Aug 24, 2003, 12:39 PM
I found something neat about this. You need two memory cards with PSO data for it to work. Move the wanted character you wish to delete onto the other memory card, as a temporary character file. From there you can choose to delete that temp character, and thus deleting it from that memory card, and the original one. No Data will be there when you check the original memory card. No dummy character needed.

This works on GC, not too sure about Xbox.

muff
Aug 24, 2003, 12:58 PM
Bit, I thought when you did that it just cancelled the status of it being transferred and you loose all your equipment.

Bit
Aug 24, 2003, 01:02 PM
It deleted the character on the other memory card, for me.

muff
Aug 24, 2003, 01:06 PM
Oh well I stand corrected.

Isaac
Aug 24, 2003, 03:21 PM
I think if you start to recreate the charachter and then turn off the cube it might work.

Ketchup345
Aug 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
On 2003-08-24 10:39, Bit wrote:
I found something neat about this. You need two memory cards with PSO data for it to work. Move the wanted character you wish to delete onto the other memory card, as a temporary character file. From there you can choose to delete that temp character, and thus deleting it from that memory card, and the original one. No Data will be there when you check the original memory card. No dummy character needed.

This works on GC, not too sure about Xbox.

I did something just like that after the major blackout (gamecube reset, nothing else happened), and the character was on the second memory card. Only thing that changed was everything went back to the last time I did a real save/moved the character back to the original slot.