PDA

View Full Version : Who plays as a FOmar just for the looks?

Shimarisu
Aug 22, 2003, 09:19 AM
Not me, er, no, really. Honest.

- Shimarisu (stands in front of walls an awful lot in PSO. I'm just checking for glitches on my avatar, yep yep.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shimarisu on 2003-08-22 07:20 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Aug 22, 2003, 12:04 PM
BTW, this poll is kind of aimed at girls and gay guys. I don't think anybody else need bother responding, heh.

To be honest I did do some research before picking the character, but with a lack of any feel for the play style to go with, I did pick the Force that was the best looking> I now have a FOnewearl too to balance it out.

- Shimarisu (Didn't bother registering a vote on why she picked her HUne).

Synch
Aug 22, 2003, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't play a character purely based upon looks, it is always best to choose them for their skills. Anyway they are all customisable to your desire (pretty much) thus allowing you to have a character you like the look of. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 22, 2003, 04:34 PM
Sort of. I like the balance between 'Let's nuke this to death' and 'let's beat the shit out of this' FOmars have, but I also like them because they're pretty, especially with hairstyle #6. <3 Mmm, girly boys. *wuv bish*

Kanore
Aug 22, 2003, 05:09 PM
Why gay guys? Damn, I voted yes. :|

Dhylec
Aug 23, 2003, 05:04 PM
i'm strait & i picked a fomar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
partly for look & power, but also a chance to play a new char - dc didnt have him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CorneliusPower
Aug 23, 2003, 05:15 PM
Im neither gay or a gal and respond, I just have to add why anyone would play a character based on its looks.

OniTatsujin
Aug 23, 2003, 05:15 PM
FOmars are okay..but i hate how they have really low ATA...his max is like 134 or soemthing..i mean, like oyur weapon MUST have like 50% hit in order to hit them in ultimate...

Obscenity
Aug 23, 2003, 05:21 PM
On 2003-08-23 15:15, CorneliusPower wrote:
Im neither gay or a gal and respond, I just have to add why anyone would play a character based on its looks.

I pick all my characters based on looks, which is why you'll never catch me using a RAmar, HUmar, RAmarl or FOnewm. RAmar and HUmar are really lame-looking, RAmarl looks like a militant lesbian, and FOnewm is just stupid.

And I picked a FOmar because he's the only cool-looking Force, in my opinion. FOnewm looks stupid, as I already said. FOnewearl isn't much better, and FOmarl looks like she's dressed for a tea party, not battle.

OniTatsujin
Aug 23, 2003, 05:26 PM
so you would wanna use a guy in a dress http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif just kidding http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 23, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-08-23 15:15, OniTatsujin wrote:
FOmars are okay..but i hate how they have really low ATA...his max is like 134 or soemthing..i mean, like oyur weapon MUST have like 50% hit in order to hit them in ultimate...

It's actually 163, but yeah, it is pathetically low. Maybe they used up all the ATA on the other two 'mars and didn't have any left over to give him(HUmar, max 200, 2nd best of Hunters, RAmar, max 249, best of -all- classes) or something. Or it could be as balance, since he does possess the highest ATP of the Forces(Max 1002, compare max 872 for FOmarl, the other usual melee FO), and giving him good ATA to go with his ATP would be about as unbalanced as giving a HUcast the best ATA of the Hunters.(Oh wait, they did that before.)
But crappy ATA or no, they sure are pretty. Hel and Zero are great eye-candy.

crazy_latino2
Aug 23, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-08-22 10:04, Shimarisu wrote:
BTW, this poll is kind of aimed at girls and gay guys. I don't think anybody else need bother responding, heh.

To be honest I did do some research before picking the character, but with a lack of any feel for the play style to go with, I did pick the Force that was the best looking> I now have a FOnewearl too to balance it out.

- Shimarisu (Didn't bother registering a vote on why she picked her HUne).

I'm not gay and i voted yes anyway. This may not appear to anyone who is a girl or is a pimp like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif FOmars look pimpish. especially when they use the amore rose cause thats pure pimparoni right there. (pimparoni is a trademark of crazy_latino2, anyone who uses it with out permission will be arrested under court of law, those with permission but abuses it will be raped by the queer eyes for the straight guys)

Lede
Aug 23, 2003, 08:48 PM
Well since hune ata max is 199 and humar is 200 those 2 are eqaul really, 1 ata wont make any diffrence at all, so its really

Hucasel=Best hunter ata

Humar/hune second Best

Hucast=worst

But fomars ata is horrible even with hit % weps, like he said unless it is over 50 hit u wont do to well with it, i have one tho have not focused on him since fomarls are way better despite there lower atp, certainly not for looks but just to have and see what he can do, the whole girly man.Drag queen thing dont do it for me. i have every id now and i made him for the sake of a id, it was either a fomar or another fomarl but i since my chracters have a story line behind them, i thought fomar would make alot more sense.

Zarana
Aug 23, 2003, 08:49 PM
The answer would be yes, if I had one. Because his stats and technique boosts don't do much to get him played past looks.

I prefer how HUmar looks though, personally. When done right anyway.

Lede
Aug 23, 2003, 08:52 PM
ID say so as well zarana.

o and power you need a serious ass whooping for that sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 23, 2003, 09:44 PM
On 2003-08-23 18:48, Lede wrote:
Well since hune ata max is 199 and humar is 200 those 2 are eqaul really, 1 ata wont make any diffrence at all, so its really

Hucasel=Best hunter ata

Humar/hune second Best

Hucast=worst

But fomars ata is horrible even with hit % weps, like he said unless it is over 50 hit u wont do to well with it, i have one tho have not focused on him since fomarls are way better despite there lower atp, certainly not for looks but just to have and see what he can do, the whole girly man.Drag queen thing dont do it for me. i have every id now and i made him for the sake of a id, it was either a fomar or another fomarl but i since my chracters have a story line behind them, i thought fomar would make alot more sense.

Yeah, my poor girly boys do have a bit of trouble hitting on Ult. This could be because they're both horribly underlevelled, though. Even my HUmar had a hard time.

And HUnny is only equal for maxed stats. Until you get those, or unless you compensate a -lot-, she still has quite a bit inferior ATA(Base L200 on a HUnny is 147, base L200 on a HUmar is 174, the numbers are different but the same thing holds true at say, L100, as well.), and her ATA growth is worse than that of a HUcast(His L200 base is actually higher than hers, even though her max is higher than his. Another example is the FOnewm, whose max ATA is better than a FOmar's, but whose L200 base ATA is worse), so for practical purposes she is -not- tied with the HUmar. *shrug*

Monomate
Aug 23, 2003, 09:50 PM
this is a parody of that HUnewearl thread isn't it...

lmao...

ummm...FOmars do look cool in certain dresses *quick say mage robes before you get flamed!!!* of theirs...but...they don't work with Varaha therfore they are stupid...but they are fun to melee with...(and actually...i did make mine just for the looks...he's in all black with the mask and the funny hat thing...looks...velly evil...Dark Mage)

OniTatsujin
Aug 23, 2003, 09:55 PM
i made a fomar, cuz they look cool, but i deleted him and made a HUcaseal..i needed an android anyway..and well, if im going to Melee, im going to want to actually hit them, and when i do hit, i want to do soem quite good damage, and my HUmar doesnt always miss on ultimate..

Lede
Aug 23, 2003, 10:00 PM
that would make sense how ever if every single hunter walked around with no dex on there mag and no arm units what so ever, but since normal players will how ever it DOES make there ata the same, no matter what level they are ppl will put dex n there mag, and high i might add so yes there ata is EQUAL slighty lower when it comes to base max without help but since no one worries about it for the fact as i said they have ata support that makes that statement a bit useless, 147 174 158 does not really matter cause the overall ata will be higher based n the fact ppl WILL help there ata.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2003-08-23 20:05 ]</font>

Lede
Aug 23, 2003, 10:02 PM
o and for the record fonewm max ata is 180, fonewreal max ata is 186 theres is much higher whice is wierd cosindering they are newm forces...great for tp stealing weps tho.

OniTatsujin
Aug 23, 2003, 10:06 PM
On 2003-08-23 20:02, Lede wrote:
o and for the record fonewm max ata is 180, fonewreal max ata is 186 theres is much higher whice is wierd cosindering they are newm forces...great for tp stealing weps tho.

m,aybe thats wht they gave them good ATA? so they could use special's better? if i actually try meleeing with my fonewearl, it was cool, i was doing about 100 a hit..

Lede
Aug 23, 2003, 10:11 PM
Weak atp yes, but on rare cases if you however get say 4 way sd pb? (slim chance but its worth it) that may up the damage or get somthing very high in %, on lighter terms fonewreal is powerfull in teqs, in the fact the most powerfull so she need not worry about meeling unless of course your using the following weps,

Sorcers cane
Talis/mahu/Hitogata
maybe even domnic fork for the exp steal if you think its worth it.

Lots of ppl think she is worse foce just becuase she has no atp but ussually players who dont know how to use her very well think that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2003-08-23 20:14 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Aug 23, 2003, 10:16 PM
i wuv my fonewearl!!! she kicks azz! i megid, they die, i cheer, rinse, and repeat..
FUN! HAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Solidus_Snake
Aug 24, 2003, 12:07 AM
I made my FOmar for the casting speed. 1771 TP in under 30 seconds unarmed? yeah thats fast. But i made him look cool dont get me wrong

Nani-chan
Aug 24, 2003, 01:18 PM
If you go for max ata on a newearl or newmn then you may be lacking in the atp and mst departments. That's 52/53 ata you know.