PDA

View Full Version : aaaah pokemon jip/gip/wtf

Kadavreski
Aug 22, 2003, 09:19 AM
dont get me wrong sapphire is graet but you cant trade to older versions.god you CANT GET EVERY GET EVERY POKEMON wheres the fun in that?and isn't it the main object?

rena-ko
Aug 22, 2003, 09:22 AM
i heard you can.
wasnt there a thread about it (wigglypuff or something) just recently where the author later claimed to have a full dex (or however it's called this time) finally?

good luck

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 22, 2003, 09:32 AM
NO they took a good amount of Pokemonm out of the game, (ie the original starting pokemon.) There is only 200 pokemon in Ruby/Saphire, and thay are all obtainable in both games, just some are "rare" in some areas, so they are harder to find./

Kadavreski
Aug 22, 2003, 09:45 AM
i heard you can

well you cant and i am fed up of it.heres evidence:

you cannot link up with the red,blue,yellow,gold,silver, and crystal versions of pokemon

typical ninty of america,eh?

they were the main producers

Neoluke12
Aug 22, 2003, 09:52 AM
what who still plays pokemon???

Kadavreski
Aug 22, 2003, 10:00 AM
b-larg i do

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 22, 2003, 10:22 AM
On 2003-08-22 07:52, Neoluke12 wrote:

me.

shifter
Aug 22, 2003, 10:57 AM
me 2. its a fun rpg still, and u can take it anywhere. u cant beat that.

Kadavreski
Aug 22, 2003, 11:02 AM
back to subject people

it is a jip/gip/however the **** you say it

Valleo
Aug 22, 2003, 11:07 AM
Every single pokemon is still in the game. That is, they still have all the sprites for them, and with a gameshark/AR you can build a full pokedex easily. Check the Gamefaqs FAQ page for it. To get them legitimately, you would probably have to wait for the Gamecube Pokemon games to come out. There are 2 confirmed and one rumored titles coming out, and supposedly you can get the old pokemon through one (or more) of them.

polishedweasel
Aug 22, 2003, 11:23 AM
I enjoyed Pokemon, I had every set up to Neo 3 and then I quit, and then sold a book of foils for 100 bucks...I think it was booked at like 4,000$ I'm so sad....I was like the Pokemon Hustler...lol.

Now I don't play cards anymore, all because I don't have the money or the time to you know?

And I played Blue, a long time ago....my little brother got it for his 7th birthday and I played it and beat it before he ever touched it...it was very addictive...but like I said before I really don't have time to play many games so I'm sol in that department, and I really don't care for GBA or any handheld device anyway.

*long winded post*

Kent
Aug 23, 2003, 01:03 AM
Pokemon is really about catching, raising, and customizing your own team of Pokemon and competing against others. It's mostly strategizing, really, like most RPGs.

FinalMasterM
Aug 23, 2003, 01:18 AM
There are 202 Pokemon in Ru/Sa. Which completes that Pokedex. There is a National Pokedex that can be gotten (probably from E-Cards or one of the upcoming GC titles) which allows you to see the other 183 Pokemon that weren't 'removed' from Ru/Sa, they just aren't catchable.

All the data for the other Pokemon are on Ru/Sa (sounds, pokedex info, stats, move list, breeding abilities, etc).

I used a AR on my Sapphire (after playing through it and Ruby to have a completed 202 dex on Ruby) to get a Gastly, Mareep, Charmander, Bulbasuar, and Squirtle.

FinalHell
Aug 23, 2003, 04:24 AM
I used to love pokemon when it first came out. My brother had the blue and i had the red. He would always have te better monsters though... Red/Blue/Yellow were the best ones. U didnt have to worry about time or anything. I didnt like Silver/Gold, too complex. I never tried Saphire or Ruby, but im afraid that it might by to0 complex.

BoUnCeR
Aug 23, 2003, 07:12 AM
I disagree, I think the objective is to obtain a full dex. Like, "Gotta catch 'em all!" anyone? Obviously you have to fight to do that.

MasterJoel
Aug 23, 2003, 12:41 PM
i think the true genius in pokemon was the marketing involved. DAMMIT! I'M OUT OF POKE CRACK!

strongmad89
Aug 23, 2003, 12:50 PM
On 2003-08-22 23:18, FinalMasterM wrote:
There are 202 Pokemon in Ru/Sa. Which completes that Pokedex. There is a National Pokedex that can be gotten (probably from E-Cards or one of the upcoming GC titles) which allows you to see the other 183 Pokemon that weren't 'removed' from Ru/Sa, they just aren't catchable.

All the data for the other Pokemon are on Ru/Sa (sounds, pokedex info, stats, move list, breeding abilities, etc).

I used a AR on my Sapphire (after playing through it and Ruby to have a completed 202 dex on Ruby) to get a Gastly, Mareep, Charmander, Bulbasuar, and Squirtle.

Whoa! There's 202? Whcih ones are 201 and 202?

BurningSquall
Aug 23, 2003, 01:52 PM
Jirachi and deoxys they can't get catched in the game though they can only be obtained by some special event in japan or using a gameshark to get one

BurningSquall
Aug 23, 2003, 01:53 PM
Jirachi and deoxys they can't get catched in the game though they can only be obtained by some special event in japan or using a gameshark to get one

SubstanceD
Aug 23, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-08-22 07:52, Neoluke12 wrote:

I own a copy of Pokemon Ruby, I have not played it in ages since I am more or less un-impressed with how this game turned out but to answer your question I still play pokemon and if Ruby and Saphire were actaully decent ( okay they are decent but what I meant was that if they were catually better than Gold/Silver/Crstal ) I would play it even more.

Reenee
Aug 23, 2003, 02:56 PM
Jirachi, Deoxys (As in, Deoxyribonucleic Acid): Acquired through an event in Japan.

The missing Pokemon: Their sprites are in the game and rumor tells that they are unlocked should your copy of Ruby or Sapphire be exposed to the upcoming Pokemon Colliseum game.

FinalMasterM
Aug 23, 2003, 11:04 PM
I don't have 202, but that is the total # in Ru/Sa. I do have the complete 200, tho.

Reenee
Aug 24, 2003, 12:45 AM
I'm hearing a rumor that the spaceship launches at Mossdeep trigger the appearance of one of the Pokemon aforementioned (Jirachi, Deoxys). These launches apparently only happen on certain days and if you get enough, they'll appear, somehow... (maybe that white rock that stands out that's outside the base?).