PDA

View Full Version : GC: IMPORTANT! is anybody else having this problem?

RAwill
Aug 22, 2003, 10:22 AM
when i get online it dials then a screen says "welcome to the world of PSO" after that there is a dark screen which says "connecting to DNS server" which takes a while to finish. After that is the problem it gets onto the lobby but it then tells me that "the connection has failed. it is possible that the server is under maitenence. the line will be disconnected." and its been doing that since yesterday when i bought my modem and licence! is anyone else having this problem on the gamecube version?

Rich_T
Aug 22, 2003, 12:07 PM
you did buy your licence using the gamecube didnt you?

Rich_T
Aug 22, 2003, 12:10 PM
then again it could also be this

Reports are emerging of a Major Service Outage (MSO) affecting a number of service providers. The problem appears to be affecting the BT Wholesale RAS (login) servers, which means that people will experience problems trying to connect

RAwill
Aug 22, 2003, 02:13 PM
My hunters licence was bought using my PC and if lots of people are experiencing probs does that mean ill ever get on?

Rich_T
Aug 22, 2003, 02:30 PM
Basicly if you use your gamecube to purchase your hunters licence for the first tiem, you know that you have the network information set up corectly on your gamecube, and you gamecube can go online.

On your gamecube, form the PSO main menu, select homepage and then conect to the homepage using your gamecube ( click ignore if you get a message about security certificate)
if its set up right then you will get through to the homepage

RAwill
Aug 22, 2003, 02:40 PM
i know that already but when i tried to go on it a page came up saying "could not connect to BT OPENWORLD to fix the problem click here and when i do nothing happens! can anyone tell me what a DNS adress is and what a proxy adress is?

Rich_T
Aug 22, 2003, 03:12 PM
try this:
in the gaemcube set up, make sure that use a proxy server is not selected.

alternativly you may find this info of use:

You may need any of the following server addresses and dial-up numbers.
>
> BT Openworld Pay-as-you-go 0845 756 0000
>
> BT Openworld SurfTime Free Access (Evening) 0844 040 4005
> BT Openworld Anytime 0808 993 3001
>
> Local Rate 64K Dial-up 0845 764 0000
> Local Rate 128K Dial-up (2 Channels) 0845 712 8000
>
> International PSTN 00 44 121 478 9200
> International ISDN 00 44 121 478 9300
>
> Primary DNS address 194.73.73.94
> Secondary DNS address 194.73.73.95
>
> Server Information Server Address IP Address
> mail.btopenworld.com 194.73.73.90
> Port 110

its amazing what a quick look on Google (http://www.google.co.uk) can turn up

RAwill
Aug 22, 2003, 03:39 PM
thanks for the advice but after i put the DNS in it told me id done it wrong. and ive put back on automatic and now im stuck in the same stupid position this is unbelievably annoyin and i wish who ever the F*ck screwed up would sort it out! AND MAN THOSE LOSER ASS NERDS MAKING LAME VIRUSES ARE REALLY P*SSIN ME OFF BIG STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich_T
Aug 22, 2003, 04:19 PM
try these DNS numbers

Primary DNS address 000.00.00.00
Secondary DNS address 000.00.00.00

use proxy port : No

they worked for me on the dreamcast.

RAwill
Aug 23, 2003, 08:34 AM
nope still dont work!
it says the DNS numbers are invalid

polishedweasel
Aug 25, 2003, 06:34 AM
OK, if you're on cable just unplug your modem's power cord and then put the network cord into the cube. After that set your network connections to auto and after that you should be set..oh and don't forget to plug your modem back into the wall. That should work, I had the same problem when I got online at first.

If you're not on cable, then I don't know what to do.

secret_of_space
Aug 25, 2003, 03:49 PM
Ah, I had this problem too, when I first started. The problem may be your ISP. I had Sympatico, and it would do that exact same thing. I switched my ISP to Vianet, and everything works fine, now. (I'm on 56k, by the way)
Hope that helps

Rich_T
Aug 25, 2003, 04:32 PM
Switching ADSL ISPs in the UK is far from easy.
Most ISPs tie you in to a 1 year contract, cancel before the year is out, and they will charge you for the outstanding contract, they may also demand that you return any equipment you were provided with when you signed up.

If you want to get another broadband ISP, you may have to wait ten working days for your old ISP to remove itself from your line.
When you sign up for a new ISP, you will have to pay a new conection fee (GBP85.00 aprox) and wait a further 10 working days for your line to be activated for ADSL.
that is if you ISP doesnt support migration, more info is available on http://www.adslguide.org.uk

satoshi1
Aug 30, 2003, 02:22 PM
Well, if you're using cable, and not using a router, then do this: Unplug the cable mode from the computer. Unplug cable modem from wall. Plug cable modem into Gamecube. Wait 5 minutes. Plug cable modem into wall. This worked for me before I got my router, but you'll have to do it everytime you wanna go online with the computer or gamecube.

RAwill
Aug 31, 2003, 10:12 AM
thnx 4 ur help ppl its sorted now! turns out i put the username in wrong! oops! haha......ha....im a moron

zimmk2vgc
Sep 1, 2003, 04:42 AM
someone kill him...