PDA

View Full Version : XBox: JOIN THE TREND! CANCEL YOUR XBOX PSO HL IN PROTEST

Sailor_V_64
Aug 22, 2003, 07:27 PM
Well me and sega27 canceled our PSOX HL's although he did it because of the up and comming busy holiday season. I did it because we anit getting jack and the game is hacked out to all hell to the point where people can buy all the items on eBay. Legally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27188&item=3039325686

Kinda sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well if XBOX ever gets serious about PSO and updates, and i don't mean 2 year old mess that's comming on the 28th, us to the GC Version i might be playing it again.

It's not like it's hard to re buy your HL either. Xbox makes it so freggin easy to buy your HL again. After all the proberly the next time you'll pop it in anyways is to play the new quests. So Go ahead Save 10 to 30$ till they put some REAL content up.

Although i am still playing it offline.
Who knew most of this adventure would be played offline?

Contact support directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269, open between 8am-12am cst).

You can also speak directly with the Billing Departement (8am-8pm monday to friday) at 1-866-MSBILL1(1-866-672-4551).

ABDUR101
Aug 22, 2003, 07:48 PM
*burns underwear in protest*

...oh..oh..wrong protest. =X

What will canceling your HL do? They still got paid for you buying the game itself, the HL is just icing on the cake and I doubt they care enough that afew people canceled their HL(those who care enough to not play with friends and so on, even after shelling out for the game and X-box LIVE).

Sorry, I don't think it's gonna work. =

ginko990
Aug 22, 2003, 07:49 PM
O.o;; Shouldve done this a lot earlier, liek 2 months earlier. They're loading PSOX up with qeusts now.

Jepp027
Aug 22, 2003, 09:18 PM
I havent played in a month or so online. I still got my hunters lisc. I'll wait untill school gets in and all those annoying little 5th graders have to go to school. They cant be online all the time, the whiny kids will eventually drop off leaving only the real players online. I'll be on with the legit and real players.

primer567
Aug 23, 2003, 12:32 AM
Costs $2.95 + $8.95 to re-register.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: primer567 on 2003-08-22 22:32 ]</font>

Smile
Aug 23, 2003, 12:42 AM
there's already a thread like that on the xbox forums...you missed the boat.

unless you are the one who made that thread, then i will go and remove my foot from my mouth...somewhere else.

Grimsoar
Aug 23, 2003, 01:41 AM
That auction makes me ill. I'm off the the bathroom to puke.

Creasian
Aug 23, 2003, 03:04 AM
On 2003-08-22 17:27, Sailor_V_64 wrote:
Well me and sega27 canceled our PSOX HL's although he did it because of the up and comming busy holiday season. I did it because we anit getting jack and the game is hacked out to all hell to the point where people can buy all the items on eBay. Legally.

Kinda sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well if XBOX ever gets serious about PSO and updates, and i don't mean 2 year old mess that's comming on the 28th, us to the GC Version i might be playing it again.

It's not like it's hard to re buy your HL either. Xbox makes it so freggin easy to buy your HL again. After all the proberly the next time you'll pop it in anyways is to play the new quests. So Go ahead Save 10 to 30$ till they put some REAL content up.

Contact support directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269, open between 8am-12am cst).

You can also speak directly with the Billing Departement (8am-8pm monday to friday) at 1-866-MSBILL1(1-866-672-4551).

Okay good your protesting, all the more power to you. Yet. do you realize that just posted a ebay auction for rares for xbox on the best PSO site there is? You my friend may have just done that guy a favor and generated a huge flock of buyers for his products....... Your kinda defeating your own purpose arent you? Not being mean just realistic here.

polishedweasel
Aug 23, 2003, 04:59 AM
PSO is a game...stop acting like it has any part of "real" life...there's nothing real about it...so just chill and play it until it's dead, then go outside. Or better yet, put down your control, and go outside now. Sonic Team is a huge corporation, do you seriously think that 100 cancelled accounts is going to mean a spurt of piss to them? They've got other money makers.

ExoZero
Aug 23, 2003, 07:03 AM
lol I had made this post already

HunterKieran
Aug 23, 2003, 09:53 AM
My God! That's a LOT of rares. Though I'm trying to find rings, a God Hand (someone had one, but the little fucker didn't want what little I had to offer), Rico's Glasses and Rico's Earring (for my female char, which needs LOTS of leveling up....Rico's stuff can't be used until like level 100-something, I think).....and a Chaos Sorcerer's Cane, for Demon-Kieran....for the moment, that is.

-Emperor Kieran

Soukosa
Aug 23, 2003, 12:00 PM
They are legitly obtainable within the game

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ragnarok101
Aug 23, 2003, 04:38 PM
that eBay sight makes me want to puke in the toilet, feed it to my dog, find it in his presents a day l8r, and rinse and repeat. for one they dont even no how to spell and second is that they got the yasminkov's mixed up which really PISSES ME OFF!!! and last but not least....A METEOR SMASH IS A DOUBLE SABER?!?!?!.....OMG!!

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Aug 23, 2003, 04:41 PM
When you call to cancel, do you have to speak to a person? I lost my voice yesterday so I can't talk.

Ragnarok101
Aug 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
dont cancel ur HL cuz its not worth it. how much of a difference to u think ur making huh? all of u here who think that cancellin ur HL is a DUMBass(pardon my french). thats just taking off of ur fun. if u want to do that then hey its like w/e but dont go spreading ur shit to others who want to have a good friggin time online iight?

Ragnarok101
Aug 23, 2003, 05:05 PM
On 2003-08-22 17:27, Sailor_V_64 wrote:

im happy for u but guess wut...theres a lil sumthin called the "BIG Picture" u and sega27 can shove it cuz u dont make a difference to sega team? u hav a snowball's chance in hell with succeeding in this junk. do us all a favor and drink sewage....

VampTurialim
Aug 23, 2003, 05:11 PM
The only time i'm canceling my HL is when a better MMORPG comes out, example true fantasy live online, and only because i cant afford lots of subscription charges...
Like one of the earlier post said... PSO is only a game... its not like its real or anything... oh look a booma... be right back need to gafoie it to death... hehehehe

Ragnarok101
Aug 23, 2003, 05:22 PM
are u on the xbox version or GC cuz i wanna join...and how did that gifoie go wit the booma?

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2003, 05:38 PM
Stay on topic and halt teh flaming, yeah?

More power to anyone who wants to cancel their HL in order to teach someone a lesson.

crazy_latino2
Aug 23, 2003, 06:08 PM
On 2003-08-23 15:02, Ragnarok101 wrote:
dont cancel ur HL cuz its not worth it. how much of a difference to u think ur making huh? all of u here who think that cancellin ur HL is a DUMBass(pardon my french). thats just taking off of ur fun. if u want to do that then hey its like w/e but dont go spreading ur shit to others who want to have a good friggin time online iight?

I agree 100% wit ragnorak101! Preach it my brotha!

FinalHell
Aug 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
I was thinking about canceling my HL cause of quest that are not on the Xbox yet. But to get a group of ppl to do the same? Thats wack! Well maybe it is a good idea wat good is it gonna do? Sega dont care u cancel ur HL they just care that u bought it.

If u think bidding for PSO items is bad, there used to be bidding for Diablo II acounts. Its the same thing...

-Tirith
Aug 23, 2003, 08:01 PM
...that's pretty funny. GL on your protest attempt. I don't think anyone will hear you.

Para
Aug 23, 2003, 11:26 PM
just erm... go back to gc pso lol

Kezay
Aug 23, 2003, 11:29 PM
You know what the funny thing is though? That guy on EBAY is probably making some mad cash off of this.

Anyway like someone stated before, PSO is a game. Granted if I had a the ability to do so, or a wish or something, I would prevent all the carnage from takin place at all. But in the real world we have to deal with it...so just have fun and play with friends who are legit and play by the rules set aside by SonicTeam...take pride in what you do through hard work rather than through a bunch of pussywillow cheats and tricks.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 23, 2003, 11:53 PM
Diablo 2 was crazy. i remember some characters sell for like $1,200 one time...absolutely nuts. And as for cancling your HL well unless 80% of the PSOX population quits sega doesnt care cause we got people buying it all the time. 1 leaves 2 more come or atleast its been like that for a while. 8.95 a month is nothing to them

darthsaber9x9
Aug 24, 2003, 09:58 AM
ok also the fact that gc owners will continue playing and the whole situation amounts to stupidity. im getting quite sick of all the people who make topics like this. and that guy on ebay....u would have to be a right sad person to bid for that. or believe that you can actually hold all 760 rares he is offering(200+30=230, not 760. is there more item space on xbox?). or that they are all legit lol. and heez rong about s-rank %'s. wow heez such a FOOL!!!!o the anger

Ragnarok101
Aug 24, 2003, 11:31 AM
On 2003-08-24 07:58, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
ok also the fact that gc owners will continue playing and the whole situation amounts to stupidity. im getting quite sick of all the people who make topics like this. and that guy on ebay....u would have to be a right sad person to bid for that. or believe that you can actually hold all 760 rares he is offering(200+30=230, not 760. is there more item space on xbox?). or that they are all legit lol. and heez rong about s-rank %'s. wow heez such a FOOL!!!!o the anger

i go wit u all the way man. the guy on ebay is a dumbass...but the ppl who actually go buy it are even worse. does anyone have any proof that this guy is tellin the truth? i mean come on....u send him the money and he doesnt do shit like make arrangements...he has the money/he has wut he wants and i bet those questions and answers were all his doin...o the anger...

darthsaber9x9
Aug 24, 2003, 05:15 PM
seriously u would need 3 characters to carry all that shit.and also adding to the fact that it defeats the object of the game and for me finding rares is the only thing that could posibly entertain me on this game now i think. nehoot ty for the support!

ExoZero
Aug 24, 2003, 08:25 PM
this auctions more ethical and believable he sends you memory card with items along with the memory card good deal eh?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042776333&category=27188

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ExoZero on 2003-08-24 18:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ExoZero on 2003-08-24 18:27 ]</font>

Kaervek
Aug 25, 2003, 02:09 PM
OK, I didn't want to post a new thread for this question, because I know it's been asked before. I just don't remember the answer, and I don't have the time to dig up those older threads.

Do I need to pay Sega for a Hunter's License IN ADDITION to my XBox Live fee? If so, then there's no way in hell I'm getting PSOx. I just got the Live kit today, and need to know this info before I drop a penny into a copy of the game.

All I need is a 'yes' or a 'no' answer. Thanks.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 26, 2003, 12:02 AM
yes you do but you get the first two months free and its only 8.95 a month afterwards. plus they are putting out new content so if you do buy it you wont have to wait as long as we did. plus its quite fun online with xbox trust me

Dbc
Aug 26, 2003, 01:08 AM
if anyone cancelled I pity you know.

-Tirith
Aug 26, 2003, 12:28 PM
Alright, finally got this set up! I'm Live on PSO! w00t!!1one!!!

Ahem... the voice chat can get annoying, with little kids always yelling out stupid stuff with voice masks. And there seems to be an overwhelming amount of PSO newbs on PSOx. I guess that's to be expected, but I remember playing with people who knew what the heck they were doing! What happened to those people?!

I wonder how many of the older PSOW members (from DC and early GCN days) play on PSOx... perhaps I should start another thread, but there are probably 50 threads on that very subject. Bah, I guess that's what happens when PSOW gets as big as it has! Off to start a new thread!

VampTurialim
Aug 26, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-08-25 22:02, Solidus_Snake wrote:
yes you do but you get the first two months free and its only 8.95 a month afterwards.

Im only paying £5.99 a month, or are u talking american?

-Tirith
Aug 26, 2003, 03:35 PM
On 2003-08-26 12:57, VampTurialim wrote:

Im only paying ?5.99 a month, or are u talking american?

Yes.

ExoZero
Aug 26, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-08-26 10:28, -Tirith wrote:
Alright, finally got this set up! I'm Live on PSO! w00t!!1one!!!

Ahem... the voice chat can get annoying, with little kids always yelling out stupid stuff with voice masks. And there seems to be an overwhelming amount of PSO newbs on PSOx. I guess that's to be expected, but I remember playing with people who knew what the heck they were doing! What happened to those people?!

I wonder how many of the older PSOW members (from DC and early GCN days) play on PSOx... perhaps I should start another thread, but there are probably 50 threads on that very subject. Bah, I guess that's what happens when PSOW gets as big as it has! Off to start a new thread!

they have lives thats what happened to them....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ExoZero on 2003-08-26 18:19 ]</font>

-Tirith
Aug 26, 2003, 08:40 PM
Heh. Why'd you bother posting that? You don't even know who they are, so how would you know anyway? Go away.

ExoZero
Aug 26, 2003, 08:45 PM
so what do I care

Blenjar
Aug 26, 2003, 09:19 PM
I play PSOX for free.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 26, 2003, 10:07 PM
yeah im american...thats why some percent of the world hates me? anyway 8.95 aint a big deal to me one bit as long as they put out new content otherwise they get no money

Zinger314
Aug 26, 2003, 10:58 PM
Yup...

I'm quitting in 3 days due to school. Darn it.

Sailor_V_64
Aug 27, 2003, 02:55 AM
well i feel kinda dumb.

the day after i post this sonic team/microsoft takes some speed and ex and decide to go quest posting like crazy.

maybe microsoft seen that me and sega27 we serious and they were like oh no we lost our two best players! we best put some quest up before we loose more.

Anyhoo i'll proberly buy my HL back once those gc conversion quest get put up.