PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest commercial you've ever seen

strongmad89
Aug 22, 2003, 07:36 PM
Post it here. Mine is the E.L. Fudge cookies commercial:

They still don't believe in elves....
I know I'll blast elf-shaped cookies with fuge and then marshmallow filling! Now do you belive?

No! I don't believe! And never will, even if you blast it with booze filling or something. Stupid.

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 22, 2003, 08:02 PM
I couldn't say, because I think every single commercial is total crap.

Blade21
Aug 22, 2003, 08:32 PM
I hate those listerine commercials with the people just moving their mouth's around. . . and they dont even have the mouth was inside. I mean, when they spit it out, (off screen of course) their lips aren't even wet. So, do they think we're that stupid? How do they expect to sell us something that's "resfreshing" when their actors cant even do it. GAHH MUST KILLL

shifter
Aug 22, 2003, 08:48 PM
On 2003-08-22 18:02, Cannibal-Snowman wrote:
I couldn't say, because I think every single commercial is total crap.

----------------------------
i totally agree. commercals suck a$$.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 22, 2003, 08:51 PM
So do RAcaseals

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 23, 2003, 12:02 AM
I hate the McDonald commercials where they try to rap. Like the "holler, McDonalds big-n-tasty for a dollar" God I hated that radio commercial. I just hate commercials where they try to make some stupid rap beat to it. Another good example is the skippy peanut butter commercial. Stupid kids rapping to peanut butter!!!!

theendisnear
Aug 23, 2003, 12:10 AM
On 2003-08-22 18:51, ShadowFOrce wrote:
So do RAcaseals

my friend would kill you if he saw this! lol

theendisnear
Aug 23, 2003, 12:11 AM
On 2003-08-22 22:02, ssephiroth_da_hunter wrote:
I hate the McDonald commercials where they try to rap. Like the "holler, McDonalds big-n-tasty for a dollar" God I hated that radio commercial. I just hate commercials where they try to make some stupid rap beat to it. Another good example is the skippy peanut butter commercial. Stupid kids rapping to peanut butter!!!!

AMEN

Reenee
Aug 23, 2003, 12:44 AM
Any low-budget commercial.

The Smart & Final commercials are right at the top. I know child abuse is against the law, so why use a kid to indirectly irritate us?

Getintothegame
Aug 23, 2003, 01:10 AM
Any commertial with real low sound quality... AND THOSE (As trickstr says:)DAMB ARBY'S COMERTIALS.

I mean, every time I see an Arby's comertial, my IQ goes down like 10.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kent
Aug 23, 2003, 01:19 AM
Those "Best of Modern Worship" commercials are so moronic.

Look at all the little zealots dance to their fanatic music, it's just sickening. That's the most disturbing and disgusting thing I've ever seen or heard.

Nerd
Aug 23, 2003, 01:27 AM
The ebay commercial where the slightly overweight chick sings about how you can find anything you want on ebay (in a really bad voice) then some stunt-double (of said chubby chica) backflips off of a flatbed truck. More bad singing ensues. My fiancee's father said through his thick accent "why you want to see ugly girl on tv?!"

Or the Albertson's commercial with the "oh, and I'm snack mom tonight? OKAY!!"

must.....stab.... *twitch*

pixelate
Aug 23, 2003, 02:52 AM
Arnold's campaign commercial.

Guile
Aug 23, 2003, 04:12 AM
Any commercial, except the Boost mobile phone ones and that miny credit card one where he fights the ninjas.

Funny stuff.

FinalHell
Aug 23, 2003, 04:28 AM
No, No, No. The Verizon wireless guy. The guy that goes, "can u hear me now? good." I wish there was a way to get inside the T.V. and choke him to death.

Garanz2
Aug 23, 2003, 04:39 AM
Any advert where every other word is "WOW" or "REVOLUTIONARY" or "AMAZING" or "NEW" or "NOW WITH EXTRA...."

Wow! Adverts today are so amazingly new! Now with extra bullshit!

grrrrrrr *mumble mumble*

strongmad89
Aug 23, 2003, 12:19 PM
On 2003-08-22 22:02, ssephiroth_da_hunter wrote:

That rapping kid on the Skippy commercial shook his head so many times that I got sick just from watching it.

strongmad89
Aug 23, 2003, 12:21 PM
On 2003-08-23 00:52, pixelate wrote:
Arnold's campaign commercial.

From the way he says it, it sounds like he's campaigning more for the state of "Cauliflower" or "Califlowen".

Bradicus
Aug 23, 2003, 09:46 PM
i hate most commercials, but canadian beer comercials are great, even better that the average beer commercial!

PenIsMightier
Aug 24, 2003, 12:31 PM
I really hate that commercial that comes on UPN. Its with a bunch of kids at the fair singing, "I KNOW I CAN, BE WHAT IS WANNA BE!" That commercial annoys the hell out of me because it appears so often and the kids look retarded!

Asuka_chan
Aug 24, 2003, 12:50 PM
Those stupid commercials for anti-depressants and the like. I mean, those things have so many side-effects that you'll be worse off than when you went on the stupid thing!

"Paxil, just the thing you need if you're depressive!

*in very fast voice with music obsuring it* Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, diarohha, stomach and muscle pains, loss of sight, loss of smell, loss of taste, loss of all feeling, loss of hearing, and in extremely rare cases, death!

*normal voice* Paxil! Get out there!"

brillyfresh
Aug 24, 2003, 01:27 PM
i hate those anti-marijuana ads, like the one where the guys are in the drive-thru at a fast-food joint smoking pot, and he speeds up to hit the girl on the bike .... yeah right

or the one where the guy killed his bro because he was driving while stoned ... i don't know about anyone here, but everyone i know, including myself, is actually a better driver when we're high

why don't they have more commercials like that, but with alcohol as the targeted controlled substance? it is loads more dangerous than marijuana could ever be anyway

oh yeah, i hate US armed forces ads too ... they make the commercials look so cool, like you can really be what you wanna be .... ha ha ha ha! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Reenee
Aug 24, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-08-24 10:50, Asuka_chan wrote:
Those stupid commercials for anti-depressants and the like. I mean, those things have so many side-effects that you'll be worse off than when you went on the stupid thing!

"Paxil, just the thing you need if you're depressive!

*in very fast voice with music obsuring it* Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, diarohha, stomach and muscle pains, loss of sight, loss of smell, loss of taste, loss of all feeling, loss of hearing, and in extremely rare cases, death!

*normal voice* Paxil! Get out there!"

I can follow that up:

They show a commercial for the name of some drug, AND THEY DON'T EXPLAIN ITS PURPOSE! WHAT THE HELL IS IT!? WHAT'S IT CURE!? IS IT A SUPPOSITORY (sp) FOR CURING BRAIN FARTS!?

Asuka_chan
Aug 24, 2003, 02:38 PM
Yup.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 24, 2003, 04:46 PM
There's this commercial in my county for the 'people's lawyer' and it's been the same commercial since like before 1989. The guy has this ridiculous hair from the 70's (you know...that short super-curly blonde prep-boy hairstyle that was popular for like a month?) and has been in his mid 20's for as long as I can remember http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DolmolmKing
Aug 24, 2003, 06:29 PM
I really hate the bobs discount furniture and the empire carpet commercials.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 24, 2003, 06:39 PM
Those "I doubt it!" Commercials...

AUTO_
Aug 24, 2003, 06:43 PM
My local car-lot owner.

In a mix between god-awful acting and the entire "think-I'm-funny-but-really-a-huge-jackass"...

yeah...

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 25, 2003, 12:57 PM
I hate those cell phone comercials with the people with the unnaturally large heads and freakish looking faces. What the hell?

They scare me....

BurningSquall
Aug 25, 2003, 01:24 PM
I really don't like the skippy's peanut butter commercial

mine:Snickers commercial
-------------------------------------------------
Person:hey there's barky(forgot what his name was but this sounded like it) let's ask him when the water show is.
Barky:Hey does anyone know when the water show is they should put up a sign.
Person:I think barky is not feeling good now
Kid:Are you really barky the dog?
Barky:Barky is just a cartoon I'm a grown man.
Narrator:Grumpiness another sign of hunger. hungry? grab a snickers
--------------------------------------------------
why would I want to grab one I mean how can just this candy bar sastisfy hunger?

Genoa
Aug 25, 2003, 05:09 PM
" The snack that smiles back Goldfish "

crazy_latino2
Aug 25, 2003, 07:07 PM
I h8 those maxaroni commercials! It has a bunch of freaggin annoying as hell 3rd graders rapping. every time that commercial comes on i want to go into the television and say "SHUT THE FU*K UP YOU STUPID LIL' BI*CHES!!!" damm they get me pissed. i'm not trying to be racist or anything but black ppl are the best rapper (but eminem is good too!) so instead of putting some white suburban school for that commercial, put some ghetto ass school in there and have them rap! and i h8 taco bell commercial because it's for mexican food but there is NO MEXICANS AT ALL!!! They must h8 mexicans because they fired the only mexican there ever was, the taco bell dog. oh speaking of mexican foods anyone here know the Chi Chis restaurant? it was created by some ignorant guy that isn't mexican. why i know this? anyone knows what chi chis means in spanish? TITTYS!!! yes tittys so if mexicans want to go to a strip club they'll walk in there by accident!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-08-25 17:44 ]</font>

Dbc
Aug 25, 2003, 08:49 PM
On 2003-08-25 11:24, BurningSquall wrote:
I really don't like the skippy's peanut butter commercial

mine:Snickers commercial
-------------------------------------------------
Person:hey there's barky(forgot what his name was but this sounded like it) let's ask him when the water show is.
Barky:Hey does anyone know when the water show is they should put up a sign.
Person:I think barky is not feeling good now
Kid:Are you really barky the dog?
Barky:Barky is just a cartoon I'm a grown man.
Narrator:Grumpiness another sign of hunger. hungry? grab a snickers
--------------------------------------------------
why would I want to grab one I mean how can just this candy bar sastisfy hunger?

Amen to that

JavaMoon
Aug 26, 2003, 12:06 AM
That Levi's commercial with the singing bellybuttons...*shudder*

And that Super Bowl bomb with the 2 people standing in the middle of a stampede....what??? o_O

BoUnCeR
Aug 26, 2003, 07:19 AM
I dunno if this went on air at wherever you live, but the day Renault Megane was released here in Portugal, the following ad was passing on the tv ON AND ON AND ON. It went something like this:

A husband arrives home, enters the door, and says:

-"Honey honey, I bought a Megane!"

-"WHAT?????!!!! *POW*"

The man comes out of the house, and goes away in the car.

The End.

God, I almost shot myself that day...

hollowtip
Aug 26, 2003, 09:19 AM
I know a lot of people are going to hate me for saying this but all the Jack commercials

"Anything that goes gobble gobble is just asking to be a sandwich"

sorry but I just don't see the humor in that statement. I don't like his humor. There has been like one exception where I actually laughed but the rest are not funny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-08-26 07:19 ]</font>

rena-ko
Aug 26, 2003, 09:39 AM
german adds for Kinder chocolate products... tons of retarded kids and braindeath adults acting like happy happy joy joy and they are talking in rhymes!! argh! and that disgusting narrators voice makes me want to puke when i hear it. gah...

what i really like are IKEA commercials. they're usually funny.

mimicr
Aug 26, 2003, 10:53 AM
"you shouldn't touch it if you don't know what it is."

or those anti bully commercials.
what kid would listen to a guy in a costume of a bear that looks high?

OnnaWren
Aug 26, 2003, 02:44 PM
PS9.

WORST. COMMERCIAL. EVAH.

crazy_latino2
Aug 26, 2003, 06:08 PM
On 2003-08-26 08:53, mimicr wrote:
"you shouldn't touch it if you don't know what it is."

or those anti bully commercials.
what kid would listen to a guy in a costume of a bear that looks high?

I h8 those bully commercials too. "When a bully picks on you, don't fight try to talk it out, or run away and tell a adult.". I can see several things wrong with that. 1. if you try to talk it out the bully won't give a flying fu*k and try to kick ur @$$
2. If you do that the bully is gonna come back with more of his friends so they can jump ur @$$ and you won't be able to escape. they should replace this "Mcgruff" (wow his name sounds bad @$$ <_<) wit a rough mean ass pit bull named "Hard Ice" or some gangsta name like that and make him look like he's gonna kick some @$$. these should be his rules:
1. if a bully messes wit you grab a pipe or anything like that and beat his @$$ into a pole wit it.
2. Run away, get your posse and kick his @$$

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-08-26 16:10 ]</font>

StrongBad
Aug 26, 2003, 06:26 PM
(dj) WIKKE WIKKE "CRUNCHY!!!"

the twix commercial.

The funniest commercial is that one for DNL.
Who wants a DNL!, Who wants a DNL!...lol

crazy_latino2
Aug 26, 2003, 07:28 PM
On 2003-08-26 16:26, StrongBad wrote:

The funniest commercial is that one for DNL.
Who wants a DNL!, Who wants a DNL!...lol

The lil leperchaun kicks @$$ YEAH!!!! >;]

strongmad89
Aug 28, 2003, 05:55 PM
What about those Appliance Direct Commercials? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif My god, anyone who lives in Florida dreads the name....

Did anyone know the Appliance Direct guy teamed up with the Scratch&Dent world lady?

Genoa
Aug 28, 2003, 06:32 PM
I live in Florida, that's one BAD commercial. I also hate that diet bar one or whatever they sing that STUPID song, "oh yes you can can yes you can can,ect..."

strongmad89
Aug 31, 2003, 06:12 PM
"If you wanna lose weight, you gotta eat!"

WHAT?!?!?

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 31, 2003, 06:58 PM
DAH... stupidest commercial has to be the Levi's commercial where the guy rides his "wild" car like a rodeo... stupid stupid stupid....

strongmad89
Sep 5, 2003, 05:48 PM
On 2003-08-31 16:58, xHIGHONLIFEx wrote:
DAH... stupidest commercial has to be the Levi's commercial where the guy rides his "wild" car like a rodeo... stupid stupid stupid....

Yeah, that one was pretty bad. And what about those "Got milk?" commercials? The "milk" they use isn't milk, it's glue!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Ultra-Peepi
Sep 5, 2003, 05:51 PM
have you ever noticed in those food commercials for kids (such as that gay Max-a-roni) they always try to make a "cool" kid that always happens to be a blonde, spikey haired white kid with sun glasses?

mimicr
Sep 5, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-09-05 15:51, Ultra-Peepi wrote:
have you ever noticed in those food commercials for kids (such as that gay Max-a-roni) they always try to make a "cool" kid that always happens to be a blonde, spikey haired white kid with sun glasses?

So right...

I hate those bully commercials where:
The bully listen to kids smaller than them
The bully is incredibly stupid

strongmad89
Sep 5, 2003, 05:59 PM
Yeah, like the Skippy commercial, or the Abra-Catastrophe when Timmy is Luke, and when he's spiderman and shoot webbing out of his ass.

Ultra-Peepi
Sep 5, 2003, 06:00 PM
hooray someone agrees with me! I'm so happy now! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ultra-Peepi
Sep 5, 2003, 06:10 PM
I'm tired of crap cartoons spoofing on Star Wars when Vader tells Luke he's his father. they always get the dialogue wrong. Everyone know it went a little like this.
*Funky beat*
Vader: Impressive! Now release your anger! You must have sensed your friends were in danger...

Luke:OW!!! Why'd you slice off my hand?

Vader: It's important that you understand...Obi-Wan would never bother telling you about your father

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Vader: Then there's something I must reveal then...I'm your father!

strongmad89
Sep 5, 2003, 06:16 PM
Those neopets commercials. 'Nuff said.

mimicr
Sep 5, 2003, 06:21 PM
There are neopets commercials?
that's crazy...I hate those things so much

ZerotheTrueHunter
Sep 5, 2003, 09:13 PM
ya your right those neopets comercials are wrong, who the hell would buy them except for retards and homos XD

mimicr
Sep 5, 2003, 09:44 PM
I checked the site out once and there are rules to games that 7 yr olds can hardly understand and it's meant for like, 5 yr olds, like the battles.

Firocket1690
Sep 6, 2003, 12:12 AM
damn it!
if it weren't for commercials we would actually have 30 minute shows !!

I hate comercials. <--- Period

they shortened the simpsons by 10 minutes due to commercials !!

Kent
Sep 6, 2003, 12:39 AM
On 2003-08-26 12:44, OnnaWren wrote:
PS9.

WORST. COMMERCIAL. EVAH.

*bangs head on desk*

Don't remind me...

smallfry
Sep 6, 2003, 10:42 AM
i tend to like the ps2 game commercials, they're kind cool.

Auronius
Sep 6, 2003, 10:45 AM
The Final Fantasy Tactics Advance commercials are horrible.

Jaks
Sep 6, 2003, 02:55 PM
all comercials suck especially the end part of X-box commercials:For (whatever) there is no power greater than X. The game it self might be cool but the commercial makes me not want to buy it.

Skippy commercial song stuck in my head sorry:
We here to represent a new snack that goes wild
Skippy Squeeze stick it goes for Miles and miles

Jaks
Sep 6, 2003, 02:56 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in Rants?

mimicr
Sep 6, 2003, 03:22 PM
You are entirely correct

tiltnkirby26
Sep 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
All the bad boy bail bond commercial. All the lawer commercial about some unknown illness no one has heard of......what else.........ooohhh that "Life Alret" commercial. That so called doctor had fake EARS!!!!!!!!!!and it's 20 years old!!!!!!!

strongmad89
Sep 7, 2003, 04:34 PM
Those Geico commercials!!!!!! GAHHH!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif To anyone who may not have seen the commercial, this is it, and there is many others like it:

Manager: I've got some good news. I'm taking you out.

Pitcher: I thought you had some good news.

Manager:I do. I just saved fifteen dollars on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif They really like to express their fifteen bucks don't they!!!

cheatachu72
Sep 7, 2003, 04:56 PM
The M&M mini's commercial there were not that many M&M's to make that pic in the scene's before

Kemon
Sep 8, 2003, 12:14 PM
the SupersmashBrothers for the N64 -_-; oh my god

AngelofVNVNation
Sep 8, 2003, 12:57 PM
I would have to say that any of the commercials for movie packages I see on satellite are the worst. The sound is usually horrible, their actors suck, and quite frankly, WHY WOULD I WANT MOVIE CHANNELS THAT JUST SHOW CRAP ANYWAYS?!!!! And plus the fact that say ne the other day and the audiosync was off by 1 to 2 seconds really adds to it.