PDA

View Full Version : "Get Hi" and other symbol chats

Barubary6
Aug 22, 2003, 10:29 PM
I'm soooo tired of seeing those "Get Hi" symbol chats. They always say "Get Hi" and have some marijuana-related picture in the middle - usually someone smoking a weed cigarette or a leaf drawing. Some add a little flame icon.

It's very unoriginal. We all have seen it 10000 times and don't need to see it the 10001st time. I may not use weed, but I have nothing against it, and am strongly in favor of legalization. But please, do something original! ^_^

-- Barubary

JavaMoon
Aug 22, 2003, 11:22 PM
I wonder how many of these snots actually do light up. -_- Stupid "If it's drug-related it's cool!" mentality...

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 22, 2003, 11:30 PM
On 2003-08-22 20:29, Barubary6 wrote:
I'm soooo tired of seeing those "Get Hi" symbol chats. They always say "Get Hi" and have some marijuana-related picture in the middle - usually someone smoking a weed cigarette or a leaf drawing. Some add a little flame icon.

It's very unoriginal. We all have seen it 10000 times and don't need to see it the 10001st time. I may not use weed, but I have nothing against it, and am strongly in favor of legalization. But please, do something original! ^_^

-- Barubary

Yeah its pretty lame to me too.

shifter
Aug 23, 2003, 12:05 AM
thankfully i havent seen any of them yet.

_J
Aug 23, 2003, 05:57 AM

-- Barubary

*shruggs* If you have no problem with weed, then why would you be so bothered about people using a symbol on PSO to show it? Just because other people do it too? It's frustratingly ironic that the people who sign up to trying to be original for the sake of being orginal alone, are actually unoriginal themselves - seeing as it is now a "trend" amoung young people to be seen as original.

Who cares if they do it once or twice? If several of them start doing it constantly, so you can't converse properly, then that's another matter.

Wewt
Aug 23, 2003, 12:29 PM
A lot of people don't have a problem with sex, but hate seeing the vast amounts of sex-related symbol chat "art" on PSO. Anything that is overused just gets plain annoying... at least for me. At least PSO doesn't have the ability to have photos there instead of symbol chat.

AUTO_
Aug 23, 2003, 03:18 PM
On 2003-08-23 10:29, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
A lot of people don't have a problem with sex, but hate seeing the vast amounts of sex-related symbol chat "art" on PSO. Anything that is overused just gets plain annoying... at least for me. At least PSO doesn't have the ability to have photos there instead of symbol chat.

Agreed and good point.

Gestiv
Aug 23, 2003, 05:31 PM
J, if you haven't noticed, she said it was more than "once or twice". The people with the symbol chats are spamming the lobbies, and it get's annoying to the point that you either have to tell them to shut the hell up or leave the lobby. So it's not just "once or twice". And JavaMoon said it's the "If it's drug related it's cool" thing that makes it unoriginal. If you see it a million times from a million different people it's neither original nor amusing. The reason we need originality is so people won't get fed up with seeing the same thing over and over again, and also just to have fun and get creative with symbol chats. I try to be original with mine, but it's so I can amuse others and myself, not to be cool.

Wewt
Aug 23, 2003, 05:38 PM
This reminds me of the steal symbol chat code. Thanks Bar for that code, I had a lot of fun with it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RoninJoku
Aug 23, 2003, 09:19 PM
I know a friend who has a symbol chat that says Get Hi On Hope! I thought it was pretty cool.

muff
Aug 24, 2003, 01:57 PM
I don't care about them but I hate the kitty ones.

*Goes off to make a kitty with a joint in mouth saying get hi.

_J
Aug 24, 2003, 08:17 PM
If you try to be original for the sake of being original, then I can see why you have problems. They never last long spamming anyway, and you can always just change lobby etc etc. Another relatively pointless thread.

There are plenty of more dissadvantageous things about PSO, other than symbols chats being over used.

Miller
Aug 25, 2003, 07:13 AM
On 2003-08-22 21:22, JavaMoon wrote:
I wonder how many of these snots actually do light up. -_- Stupid "If it's drug-related it's cool!" mentality...

LOL whats a roach

polishedweasel
Aug 25, 2003, 07:25 AM
On 2003-08-25 05:13, Miller wrote:

On 2003-08-22 21:22, JavaMoon wrote:

LOL whats a roach

LOL OMFG I'm so tired...I wish I could sleep....that was waaaay too funny!!! Oh God let me sleep!

I got that lame 'cabbage patch kids' middle finger thing going on on my PSO. I think it's funny when a group of friends just starts to spam that in a boss fight...people generally get mad about that...we just laugh because it's only a game.

Reece
Aug 26, 2003, 10:21 PM
On 2003-08-24 11:57, Cubis wrote:
I don't care about them but I hate the kitty ones.

*Goes off to make a kitty with a joint in mouth saying get hi.

Yes those Cats do suck... I copy all the Cats and make them so they are stabbed or dying or getting killed! Then all the stupid Kat girls say wtf you stupid n00b!

kat
Aug 26, 2003, 10:50 PM
I personally love the kitty chats... There's one with kitties sleeping in the window - that's my favorite one. The cute little hi and sad ones are rather nice too.

::shrugs::

The only time I find a symbol chat annoying are when they're profane in some way, or when someone is using them over and over and over again with no rest. More #2 than number 1 really..

TangledWeb3917
Aug 27, 2003, 02:12 AM
Yes those Cats do suck... I copy all the Cats and make them so they are stabbed or dying or getting killed! Then all the stupid Kat girls say wtf you stupid n00b! hahahahahaha ... thats all i needed to say

monkeyfist
Aug 28, 2003, 05:15 PM
there needs to be a symbol chat with a kitty and [get] [hi] [on] [life] (if only there was a life square thingy

Guile
Aug 29, 2003, 11:44 AM
Chatting is overrated.

Omni-SqwirL
Aug 29, 2003, 12:40 PM
On 2003-08-29 09:44, Guile wrote:
Chatting is overrated.

Boooooooooooooo:P

Agreed anyways

kitomaka_ck
Aug 30, 2003, 12:57 AM
if there was a lifr balloon -A N T I- would be spamming get a life symbol chats