PDA

View Full Version : Ra-sssssss

HighElf9310
Aug 22, 2003, 11:59 PM
I don't have a Ranger yet, and I figured that I would give one a go. I have it down to a RAmarl, or a RAcast, but I don't know which one. RAmarl has techs (which I love utterly), but the RAcast is really powerful...what does everyone think of each of them? Thanks.

Night_Star
Aug 23, 2003, 12:03 AM
i would go with racaseal. (i did actually)
because they have pretty good ATA and ATP but has the best DFP in the game!!!!
and a ranger shouldnt need to be healing all the time anyways

UltimateEnigma
Aug 23, 2003, 12:16 AM
Both o_0

I have 1 of each of the 12 character class.

Cab
Aug 23, 2003, 12:16 AM
I would go with RAcast. Sure RAmarl has techniques, but in my eyes techs are for forces, not rangers. and RAcasts are the most powerful rangers, and when you have power and accuracy on your side, you can't lose.

Dunedain
Aug 23, 2003, 12:33 AM
Definately RAcast. For one thing, with my uber hp, I never die any more. Never. Ever. Not once. Ok, I think you got my point http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif RAcaseals are nice also if you can stand the almost 200 less atp they get. If you're hardcore like me and want to not even get knocked down by anything except a select few things, and not get killed by anything, then go for a RAcast. But if you don't care so much about that, and don't mind having uber low hp and slightly lower atp, then go for a RAmarl. If you're going to be playing online with forces most of the time, I personally don't see the big advantage of having techniques. You won't catch my RAcast in a junk heap without a force. And the plus side on a RAcast, with so much HP and DFP at higher levels you really won't ever be using mates. And even if you have to, guld milla is a really nice hp stealer (assuming you don't mind dupes.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dunedain on 2003-08-22 22:36 ]</font>

shifter
Aug 23, 2003, 12:34 AM
Racast. ive got one and a Ramar and i can tell u that compared to a force, my ramar elemental attacks are just weak. also spells require lvls to get really damaging spells and s/d dont last nearly as long. my racast is pretty strong and can usually hold his own against most enemies but it does really help casting resta instead of using mates. in the end its really what u want more.

Kent
Aug 23, 2003, 01:33 AM
The RAmarl is the only ranger that's worth anything, but even so, it still isn't much (Why? Because Sonic Team doesn't know what "balance" is).

polishedweasel
Aug 23, 2003, 05:07 AM
On 2003-08-22 22:16, UltimateEnigma wrote:
Both o_0

I have 1 of each of the 12 character class.

Life?

none... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I play RAmarl, she's the best I've got right now, 2nd Highest ATA in the game and the ability to take care of herself, that means you never miss and you can kill shit alone online Ultimate..well at least I can, do it with a Force and it just doesn,t happen so well. That's all I have to say, I'm sleepy *snores*

HighElf9310
Aug 23, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hmm, I do solo a lot, but I just made a HUnewearl, so I think that I will try out a RAcast....but first I need to built it a mag...

Zarana
Aug 23, 2003, 03:25 PM
RAcast needs support to do anything fast, RAmarl is entirely self-sufficient. As well as more accurate, with better evade. Pick RAcast if you're going to have constant support and want ATP, DFP and HP. Pick RAmarl if you ever want to do anything solo or without a Force and want ATA, MST (and techniques) and EVP.

There's no right answer to this question, and really, it doesn't matter what Ranger you pick. You'll be the main killing force of the team anyway.

Neoluke12
Aug 23, 2003, 04:06 PM
Racast definately they kinda rule but do you need a ranger??? anycase it depends on your style of play!!!!