PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you role play on xbox?

crazy_latino2
Aug 23, 2003, 05:53 PM
When i play online rpgs i like to role play, but i don't on pso for xbox, i don't know why....I think it's becuase of the voice chat. Do you people agree? Vote now!!!

Zarana
Aug 23, 2003, 08:51 PM
I know I would. Being a theater major in real life would definitely make me want to act if I were using my real voice. Whereas when it's just text I see no real reason to...

JWSonikku
Aug 23, 2003, 08:57 PM
I always see PSO as a pretty poor game to roleplay on. Someone I know once compared PSO to the 'Streets of Rage' games - you simply clean up a room and then move on to the next one. For this reason, I find it hard somehow to roleplay in PSO under any circumstances, especially as I have yet to meet anyone who has. Also: PSO's plot is only just thicker than tracing paper, which kinda makes roleplaying... restrictive. Mind you, EverQuest and their ilk aren't exactly a lot better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

--
Sonikku

crazy_latino2
Aug 23, 2003, 09:12 PM
now that you brought up everquest i wouldn't roleplay in that cuz then i would turn out to be that guy named bob owens that goes to everquest conventions and calls his self galdivus there and dresses like a viking and acts like some dirty ass viking, thus he a become a complete and total loser. otherwise most of the online rpgs i role play in it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-08-23 19:13 ]</font>

primer567
Aug 23, 2003, 11:31 PM
What the fuck is roleplay

Solidus_Snake
Aug 23, 2003, 11:44 PM
I dont roleplay ever...period...i just dont

crazy_latino2
Aug 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
On 2003-08-23 21:31, primer567 wrote:
What the fuck is roleplay

it's were you don't act like your self you act like your character, like instead of saying this phrase "I don't give items to noob" you say "I don't hand over my items to new comers" although that was a bad example becuase everyone loves to say noob. i just said that becuase i couldn't think of anything.

Synch
Aug 24, 2003, 04:44 AM
I always play as myself, but I have seen others that do like to roleplay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif