PDA

View Full Version : Gaming with Married or live in Girlfriend

Darvan
Aug 24, 2003, 12:03 AM
The question is how do you balance the two of gaming and being with your wife/girlfriend. How many times have most of us gone through a relationships and heard from a woman "Yes I love "insert what guy likes here" only in the end to hear that the same thing they claimed to like has become such a bad thing for them. Ever lose a long term relationships due to your gaming habits or other habit?

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 24, 2003, 01:15 AM
Nope I'm still young I guess. Thanks for the warning I guess then. But I hope things work out.

ABDUR101
Aug 24, 2003, 01:34 AM
No, never. And I doubt I'm going to stop any of my habits because of a relationship. You're either with me or against me, and if so, I'll show you to the door. =x

FOWL_MeCh
Aug 24, 2003, 01:35 AM
Yes. Long-distance and long-term.

Voodoochild
Aug 24, 2003, 04:04 AM
My girlfreind is a gamefreak too. She was the one that did make me buy my own pso and dc(she already had one). So cant say that i(we) have a problem with this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

darthsaber9x9
Aug 24, 2003, 10:01 AM
hmm intriguing stories! mayb tho you could indulge in different "games" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Primrose
Aug 24, 2003, 10:41 AM
oh yeah...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

i think it depends on the partner.
But i think everyone needs some time for his own hobbies and his hearts desires. Its not like you have to do everything together as a couple, its nice to not see each other the whole time, so shared moments will surely be more appreciated.

DarkWolf
Aug 24, 2003, 12:10 PM
*I* was the one who insisted upon getting PSO when it first came out... then we both wanted v2... and it's *his* fault we now have the GC version. ^_^

What else can you expect from a couple of lifelong gamers?

Nidarrock
Aug 24, 2003, 07:09 PM
Married here and with a 2 year old. Balancin it all is hard but you just have to *gasp* give up your gaming time. It happens. Sometimes I'll play for hours on end with no problems but other times I'll only get a few minutes. At this point in my life I still love playing games, and play whenever I get a chance, but family takes presidence.

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 24, 2003, 09:41 PM
I'm just as big of a gamer (if not more) as my boyfriend, so I really don't have any problems. In fact, sometimes he fusses at me for being so wraped up in a game!

polishedweasel
Aug 24, 2003, 11:54 PM
the girlfriend yells at me all the time for staying up past the hours of 4-6 AM playing...but the more I play, the more bored I become, then I end up playing because I'm bored, thus making myself more bored, then I get frustrated...so then I find something else to do, like play another boring game.

Firocket1690
Aug 25, 2003, 01:16 AM
14 years ....mom doesn't even know I have a gf,
yet, no chance of me being able to live with her(mom's dirty thoughts)

Guile
Aug 25, 2003, 04:34 AM
Never lost a girl over games, most likley cuz I made time for both..and now I lost my time for games so more goes to her...So I dunno?!

Captain_Dude
Aug 25, 2003, 06:21 AM
I think a couple sharing common interests like videogames or whatever can be a good thing. Just try not to let the games or the competition get in the way of the relationship.
If you and your signifigant other happen to share a common interest then try doing the the thing together. If you happen to drive each other nuts with it (as you may get to competitive or something) then perhaps it might be a good idea to do that one thing seperate. Just because you don't do everything together doesn't mean you can't have a happy relationship together.

I know my opinion is not very valid as I've yet to have a girlfriend. But I know that I most certainly would enjoy if she enjoyed videogames or something else that I liked.