PDA

View Full Version : Weird sound with an FSOD

Koent
Aug 24, 2003, 11:27 AM
I recently had an FSOD happen to me. Aren't I unfortunate? Anyway, this was a little strange because the FSOD, in addition to wiping my entire memory card, it made this weird sound that was sorta like a grinding sound. Hard to describe really.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Symbios
Aug 24, 2003, 11:31 AM
uhh...first of all ur signature is too big lol.

Omg dont you read some of the other posts on this site? 28570759245093175409327509854092 people on this site have FSODed and you havent noticed. Isnt this considered spam? I dunno, but it has happened to most people. And if you lost EVERYTHING on your memory card, its a FSOD-X.

Kanore
Aug 24, 2003, 02:27 PM
That's what FSOD sounds like, an annoying buzzing sound... sadly you had gotten FSOD-X, the latest FSOD, something that wipes out your PSO Character Data during Double Save.

There are a few cures, but most may not work, considering most of the tmie, the data that gets corrupted is your Character data (i.e. deleting your GuildCard/System File data doesn't work...)

Koent
Aug 24, 2003, 03:04 PM
Well, at least I know what it is... Thanks. I just thought that was weird because i'd gotten FSOD-ed (?) before and there wasn't a sound. Poor me...

Ryokun
Aug 24, 2003, 04:35 PM
I had a feeling that was what that noise is. I've had that sound happen a few times, but haven't been corrupted yet. when I hear that sound I quickly turn off my Gamecube. Once and a while I'll lose my unequiped items, but at least I still have all my characters.

JWSonikku
Aug 24, 2003, 04:50 PM
People keep saying they hear this annoying 'buzzing' whenever they get an FSOD... am I right in assuming that this noise is somehow different for FSOD-X? Whenever I get FSOD'd (this is on an XBox), I always get a horrible noise - as a result of the game constantly playing the last sound over and over again, something like this (vaguely using the melody of the Forest tune):

La la. La laaaaa. La la. La Laaaaa. Laaaaaaaa laaaaaa... laaaaaa laAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAet c

I simply assumed this was a result of the hardware hanging, thus creating the aforementioned dreadful noise. Unless crashes are silent on the GCN, what is the difference between the above noise and the noise made by an FSOD-X?

--
Sonikku

satoshi1
Aug 24, 2003, 04:54 PM
FSOD-X and FSOD DO NOT BUZZ!! RSOD is the one that buzzes (or rings, as in RSOD). RSOD is just like FSOD, except that the Gamecube has frozen, not the game. You can get RSOD in ANY GAME! Usually happens when the cube has overheated.

vegeta000110
Aug 24, 2003, 07:21 PM
That happened to me yesterday morning when I was playing evolution worlds. It didn't make a noise though.

TyroneBiggums
Aug 25, 2003, 09:01 AM
On 2003-08-24 14:50, JWSonikku wrote:
People keep saying they hear this annoying 'buzzing' whenever they get an FSOD... am I right in assuming that this noise is somehow different for FSOD-X? Whenever I get FSOD'd (this is on an XBox), I always get a horrible noise - as a result of the game constantly playing the last sound over and over again, something like this (vaguely using the melody of the Forest tune):

La la. La laaaaa. La la. La Laaaaa. Laaaaaaaa laaaaaa... laaaaaa laAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAet c

I simply assumed this was a result of the hardware hanging, thus creating the aforementioned dreadful noise. Unless crashes are silent on the GCN, what is the difference between the above noise and the noise made by an FSOD-X?

--
Sonikku

Next time that happens do not turn off ur xbox... all u have to do is hold start and back at the same time for as long as it takes to disconnect and go back to the title screen ... this used to happen all the time and i would just reset my game and lose all my unequipped weapons n shit but not anymore just hold start + back (it may take up to a couple mins of holding the buttons down)

JWSonikku
Aug 25, 2003, 06:08 PM
I've tried the ol' soft reset trick but it doesn't work . I hold it for at least about 15 seconds. Is that simply not long enough? All the tricks I've heard about losing stuff never work - pulling out the net cable... turning your Xbox off... powering off the wall... reviving Aeris and getting General Leo in your party... they don't work. Thanks anyway. =/

--
Sonikku

TheDeepForce_5
Aug 25, 2003, 06:41 PM
No it is not from the Gamecube overheating.

It is from an incompatibility with Sega's network and the PSO games Sea makes.

The only real solution is this.

One Get a BBA: Freezes less than Dial-Up

Two: E-mail Sega with a furious e-mail and hopefully if they do what they did to me, they'll ask you to send your game in so they can check it and give you a new one. So far my new one has frozen but never FSOD-X. And I have a regular modem, freezes about once/twice a week, tried playing on my friends "undebugged game" and I froze 3 times in one day.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 25, 2003, 07:36 PM
I got FSOD or whatever and there is this really annoying sound like BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and it never stops, both time this has happened I didn' t lose anything, nothing it is wierd, so from now on when it happens i just laugh, becuase i lose nothing, it might be my nintendo memory card is l337 but i don't know. Everytime I get FSOD I start the game back up and it says i lost some Data but i didn't. lol I am a lucky little person.....

St_Botchua
Aug 25, 2003, 07:54 PM
same here

TyroneBiggums
Aug 26, 2003, 08:45 AM
On 2003-08-25 16:08, JWSonikku wrote:
I've tried the ol' soft reset trick but it doesn't work . I hold it for at least about 15 seconds. Is that simply not long enough?

sometimes ive had to hold it longer...

PalRappy
Aug 26, 2003, 09:37 AM
I used to RSOD a lot before I got my GCN fixed.

MagnumOpus
Aug 26, 2003, 10:00 AM
grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding

damn you sega, damn you....

lol

it is all part of sega's master plan, to bring every pso player to their knees...

fear and obey fsod

you are at its mercy

KnucklesZ5
Aug 26, 2003, 08:44 PM
Last time I had a FSOD with a sound nothing happened...not even my items disappeared.

satoshi1
Aug 30, 2003, 02:19 PM
On 2003-08-25 16:41, TheDeepForce_5 wrote:
No it is not from the Gamecube overheating.

It is from an incompatibility with Sega's network and the PSO games Sea makes.

The only real solution is this.

One Get a BBA: Freezes less than Dial-Up

Two: E-mail Sega with a furious e-mail and hopefully if they do what they did to me, they'll ask you to send your game in so they can check it and give you a new one. So far my new one has frozen but never FSOD-X. And I have a regular modem, freezes about once/twice a week, tried playing on my friends "undebugged game" and I froze 3 times in one day.

RSOD is when the cube overheats. FSOD is a problem with the game. RSOD can happen whenever, most of them time when the disc is being accessed (when you're changing areas).