PDA

View Full Version : Does pso have a mind of it's own?

Dragon_Ash
Aug 24, 2003, 03:28 PM
Now I know this sounds wierd, but somehow I feel that this game is in some way alive.

I mean if I choose to find a specific rare like Red Sword off a Govulmer and do repeated SoB quests, it will never show up.

I did that and I never got one.
Then I just gave up and used my fonewearl and a Melqueek dropped a Red Sword for her.
Also I was looking for a Meteor Cudgel and found one after I gave up doing Retired Hunter quests. Funny enough the first set of Del-D's dropped it and I gave that straight to my Humar and tested it in the forest (ult) and found a Hildetorr, which never showed up when I was looking for it and it dropped a Red Saber as well. Today on completing the ruins I found another Meteor Cudgel and a Delsaber's Right Arm, both of which I was not looking for.

I have found more rares not looking for them than I have looking for them. I don't know how this works out but do you think if I just level up in cca Gi Gue might drop a Sealed-J if I keep my mind off it?

I have found hundreds of rares that I never bothered to look for. 5 God/arms, cure/confuse, devil/battle, doublesaber, twin brand, caduceus, 4 stag cutleries.

Is it luck or coincidence? Or can the game sense what you want to look for and never let you have it?

Logical2u
Aug 24, 2003, 03:43 PM
You have three other topics exactly like this. Possibly you could close three of them?
'A watched pot never boils', in answer to your question.

7. No Spam. Spam eats space. This rule is strictly enforced. This will include posts containing single words, or abbrieviations such as "lol" and the like. The forums are NOT a chat room, so no freeposting. If the thread is a poll, such as a, then it is allowed, but please try to put a reason for the choice instead of just a one word post. Spam threads are only allowed in Fresh Kills Landfills.
20.Repeat threads are not allowed, please check the forum to make sure your topic is not already been addressed. Repeat threads needing moderation will result in a Warning Count.

Dhylec
Aug 24, 2003, 03:50 PM
rares turn up when u least expect them!
i gave up on piping.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
just do normal run thru's for more exp.
but i still do item excav. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragon_Ash
Aug 24, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-08-24 13:43, Logical2u wrote:
You have three other topics exactly like this. Possibly you could close three of them?
'A watched pot never boils', in answer to your question.

7. No Spam. Spam eats space. This rule is strictly enforced. This will include posts containing single words, or abbrieviations such as "lol" and the like. The forums are NOT a chat room, so no freeposting. If the thread is a poll, such as a, then it is allowed, but please try to put a reason for the choice instead of just a one word post. Spam threads are only allowed in Fresh Kills Landfills.
20.Repeat threads are not allowed, please check the forum to make sure your topic is not already been addressed. Repeat threads needing moderation will result in a Warning Count.

Well I'm sorry my computer was slow and it posted more than once, but I have deleted the duplicated threads http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LoreSeeker
Aug 24, 2003, 04:22 PM
PSO can be very evil like that. I have now started to look for Gae Bolgs, and I haven't found a single one in the last couple days (WOOHOO!!! FREE AT LAST!!).

Dragon_Ash
Aug 24, 2003, 04:35 PM
On 2003-08-24 14:22, LoreSeeker wrote:
PSO can be very evil like that. I have now started to look for Gae Bolgs, and I haven't found a single one in the last couple days (WOOHOO!!! FREE AT LAST!!).

You're kidding right?

Hmm I think I will not look for a J-Sword and instead look for a Justy instead

Sunblast
Aug 24, 2003, 05:17 PM
So that's how it works! Screw looking for a God/Mind! Varista, here I come!

OniTatsujin
Aug 24, 2003, 06:07 PM
hmm....well it makes sense
cuz me and my friend were doing a caves run, and i forgot what we were looking for, and on thatrun he got a Red Dagger(i gave it to him, he wanted it) and a Chain Sawd(20% Hit w00t!) i picked them both up, and he let me keep the chain sawd, he didnt want it, but wait..he siad he was sorta doing that run for red daggers, dunno, maybe cuz i killed the damn monster thats why it dropped it, cuz i was looknig for something else from it..hmmm..

Zarana
Aug 24, 2003, 06:13 PM
Well, it goes through spells like that, but once in a while the game just gives you everything you want.

During the last week, I've found four things I was specifically looking for.

Twin Chakram--The name of the team was "Dibs on Chakram," even. And sure enough.

Panzer Faust--I just randomly decided I wanted one, we found it later that night.

Morning Glory--See above. Delsaber dropped it on the first game I was even looking for one.

Red Mechgun--Two Endless Nightmares after I said I wanted it, there it was.

... Of course, far more often than not it does exactly what you say it does.

Bit
Aug 24, 2003, 06:15 PM
Anyone up for Photon Drop hunting? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 24, 2003, 06:29 PM
Whoohoo, Cross Scar, here I come!

Monomate
Aug 24, 2003, 06:38 PM
yep...you are definitely right...

so that's why i don't go 'looking' for rares, because if i don't i'll find them!

Dragon_Ash
Aug 24, 2003, 07:25 PM
On 2003-08-24 16:13, Zarana wrote:
Well, it goes through spells like that, but once in a while the game just gives you everything you want.

During the last week, I've found four things I was specifically looking for.

Twin Chakram--The name of the team was "Dibs on Chakram," even. And sure enough.

Panzer Faust--I just randomly decided I wanted one, we found it later that night.

Morning Glory--See above. Delsaber dropped it on the first game I was even looking for one.

Red Mechgun--Two Endless Nightmares after I said I wanted it, there it was.

... Of course, far more often than not it does exactly what you say it does.

During this week I have unwillingly found:

Flowen's Sword 3064 X2
photon Claw
Dragon's Claw
God/Arm X2
Red Saber
Stag Cutlery X2
Bravace X3
Club of Zmiuran
Gae Bolg X3
Cure/Confuse
Addslot
DB's Sword X6
Durandal
God/HP
Delsaber's Right Arm
Meteor Cudgel X2

All these I found in this week and I never gave any of them a thought, i may have before but then I just decided to leave it