PDA

View Full Version : Stupid barba ray!

joncushing
Aug 24, 2003, 05:18 PM
Im trying to get a double saber from the barba ray on ep2 hard mode, ive killed it 4 or 5 times so far and nothing! How long did it take everyone else to get one? How many times did you have to kill the silly thing? By the way im using an oran, but i have a skyly character able to take it on, which would more than likely get it quicker?

Heero_Yuy0w0
Aug 24, 2003, 05:39 PM
I did 30-40 runs for it at one time, never got one. Whichever section ID u use wont matter. Good luck finding one.

joncushing
Aug 24, 2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks, i get the feeling im gonna need alot of luck lol

Dhylec
Aug 24, 2003, 06:06 PM
some found it soon, some later..
my purp. char took some 21 runs to get it.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ketchup345
Aug 24, 2003, 06:22 PM
Most, if not all Section IDs find the Double Saber from a Very Hard Nano Dragon. This is how I'm trying to find mine, and I've gone through 5 recorded laps for an excavation report so far and several offline multiplayer with Redria. So if you are bored of the Temple and Barba, try Very Hard Caves if you can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-08-24 17:07 ]</font>

TR3NT
Aug 24, 2003, 06:54 PM
I tried finding a double saber from Barba Ray, I did about 20 runs. During that time I got to level 40, so I decided to take a run of VHard. Lo and behold he drops a STAG CUTLERY....

Still haven't found Double Saber.

vegeta000110
Aug 24, 2003, 07:18 PM
I would recomend that you look elsewhere. Barba Ray and De Rol Le seem to be very stingy with me as well. Double saber isn't that good anyhow.

Ketchup345
Aug 24, 2003, 07:27 PM
On 2003-08-24 17:18, vegeta000110 wrote:
I would recomend that you look elsewhere. Barba Ray and De Rol Le seem to be very stingy with me as well. Double saber isn't that good anyhow.

It might not be powerful, but many people use it to melee with their FOrce, and the Geist special helps a lot (too bad I told myself I wouldn't work on my FOmarl till I get one, it may take a while longer).

Heero_Yuy0w0
Aug 24, 2003, 09:59 PM
If you have a Pinkal u can get one from a Pouilly Slime in hard mode. Shouldn't be too hard.

SpyroDi
Aug 24, 2003, 10:09 PM
I'd rather find a Double Saber from a common enemy in a higher difficulty than a Double Saber from a rare enemy in a lesser difficulty.

Fanatic
Aug 25, 2003, 01:25 AM
I don't hope Barba Ray is generally stingy with it's drops. My Pinkal is raiding it for an Asuka, but I really, really hate the temple levels I have to clear each run....

Soukosa
Aug 25, 2003, 02:16 AM
On 2003-08-24 16:22, Ketchup345 wrote:
Most, if not all Section IDs find the Double Saber from a Very Hard Nano Dragon. This is how I'm trying to find mine, and I've gone through 5 recorded laps for an excavation report so far and several offline multiplayer with Redria. So if you are bored of the Temple and Barba, try Very Hard Caves if you can.

Hmm... looks like Greenil, Skyly, Pinkal, Redria, and Yellowboze can get it from a V. Hard Nano Dragon.

On 2003-08-24 23:25, Fanatic wrote:
I don't hope Barba Ray is generally stingy with it's drops. My Pinkal is raiding it for an Asuka, but I really, really hate the temple levels I have to clear each run....

I've been trying to get an Asuka from it with my Pinkal as well but haven't had any luck. I have a hunch about rare drops in Ep 2 and if it's true, you're going to scream (along with me and many others too, I'm sure). I'll be sure to put up a post about it as soon as I feel writing a post out, along with some other things.

Garm
Aug 25, 2003, 02:17 AM
vhard is pretty nice to me i have all the rares from the bosses (yamato, mahu and guilty light) and when my my friend comes over we find even more (99% are varistas and blade dances) but the vhard nano dragon drops double sabers quite often

Fanatic
Aug 25, 2003, 03:18 AM
On 2003-08-25 00:16, Kalonera wrote:

I've been trying to get an Asuka from it with my Pinkal as well but haven't had any luck. I have a hunch about rare drops in Ep 2 and if it's true, you're going to scream (along with me and many others too, I'm sure). I'll be sure to put up a post about it as soon as I feel writing a post out, along with some other things.

Hmm.. that's at least the 3rd unique important sounding post you've promised us (The others I remember being a theory on beat time rares and the game's internal rare charts with theory). Will be looking forward to the day I see them ^_^

Meanwhile I might consider the Redria Crimson Assasin Asuka or the Viridia Hildelt ditto.... Temple is just so annoying with a FOnewm, and Barba isn't doing a very good job of justifying the 1/5 drop rate the traditional rare% sites claim...

Ketchup345
Aug 25, 2003, 10:35 AM
On 2003-08-24 16:22, Ketchup345 wrote:

Hmm... looks like Greenil, Skyly, Pinkal, Redria, and Yellowboze can get it from a V. Hard Nano Dragon.

I was close. 1/2 of the Section ID's is close enough to most.
Also before I made that post, I didn't bother to actually check how many did, but I knew that more than just Redria can get it from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-08-25 08:52 ]</font>

BIZKIT
Aug 25, 2003, 10:40 AM
On 2003-08-24 16:54, TR3NT wrote:
I tried finding a double saber from Barba Ray, I did about 20 runs. During that time I got to level 40, so I decided to take a run of VHard. Lo and behold he drops a STAG CUTLERY....

Still haven't found Double Saber.

Stag Cutlery isn't that bad unless your female

Genoa
Aug 25, 2003, 04:22 PM
yeah to bad my RAmarl can't use Stag Cuttlery. So know I have to await the day I get a Twin Brand, Twin Blaze, or... DOUBLE CANNON... yeah, like I'll ever get a Lavis Cannon and THEN get 2 syncresta. But I can only get Twin Brand by a Boss, I think is it Barba Ray (ult that is) not sure... I'll check later :/

SpyroDi
Aug 25, 2003, 09:13 PM
Lol I just remebered I got a Double Saber with my Ranger before my Xbox broke; I joined a game,and the first Nano Dragon we killed dropped a Double Saber,and I quickly grabbed it lol.