PDA

View Full Version : 4 hours of Play just a dream? has this glitch happened to yo

OriginalLacan
Aug 25, 2003, 02:05 AM
the other night, i was playing PSOX offline, building up a new character. On EP.2, I got through the temple and beat the spaceship level, and moved on to central control. I started to get tired, so i quit and saved.

I turn on PSOX tonight and the 4 hours of play aren't on the play time clock, and nothing but VR temple alpha is unlocked. All the money I spent is unspent, and everything including items, mag and weapons are as they were 4 hours ago..

Has this happened to anyone else or was someone just smoking crack near my bedroom window?

EGO-BOT
Aug 25, 2003, 07:15 AM
This happened to me too:

I had nothing done offline past the hard difficulty setting, so I did a few of the offline quests and got to Mines on Very hard. I even levelled once during all of this. Afterwards, I quit and waited for it to save (which it did). It got to the title screen and switched off the console.

Later on that day, I was going to continue where I left off, only to see my character back the same level he was before, I went into V hard, only to see none of what I had done had saved.

Just like it had never happened!

Oh, I'm on Gamecube BTW.

Dragon_Knight
Aug 25, 2003, 07:21 AM
Hmmm I've never had that happen but I have had funky stuff happen before when I quit and saved. The least of which was a mag I traded between characters changing to a different mag when I restarted.

ButtFlange
Aug 25, 2003, 09:59 AM
On 2003-08-25 05:21, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Hmmm I've never had that happen but I have had funky stuff happen before when I quit and saved. The least of which was a mag I traded between characters changing to a different mag when I restarted.

Non-rare MAGs can change (even if lvl 200) if another character feeds them ...

HUShadow
Aug 25, 2003, 10:27 AM
Hmm...th eonly glitch I've had happen to me was when I was in Normal Ruins helping train my cousin, and I turned a corner, and I was in the middle of an ocean, then two secondds later I....wasn't....

OriginalLacan
Aug 25, 2003, 12:39 PM
hmm reminds me of something odd I used to see on VHard forest and caves on V2 for dreamcast. everything was moving at normal speed, but boombas and sharks at certain times were moving at super speed almost like they were a recording being played on fast-forward. I'd see it with other people, but they saw nothing, so i assume it was an odd lag issue. it was dial-up afterall.

OriginalLacan
Aug 25, 2003, 12:42 PM
and on the whole disappearing game topic, my character was a yellowboze. Anyone else this happened to, what was your sectionID? I'm curious if this only happens with certain ID's. maybe a glitch in coding or something?

Solidus_Snake
Aug 26, 2003, 12:04 AM
Never happened to me but now i am the proud owner of a legit Rati on my pure character(no online rares from others)

OriginalLacan
Aug 26, 2003, 12:23 AM
I'm only about 10 levels from a legit rati myself. 100% legit characters too

ginko990
Aug 26, 2003, 07:29 AM
I doubt its a glitch, but human fault. You mustve turned off the xbox prematurely or something of that matter.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 26, 2003, 07:56 AM
That's becuase ST sucks really bad and gave us a CRAPPY game, even though we all love it

Mixxey
Aug 26, 2003, 09:02 AM
On 2003-08-25 10:39, OriginalLacan wrote:
hmm reminds me of something odd I used to see on VHard forest and caves on V2 for dreamcast. everything was moving at normal speed, but boombas and sharks at certain times were moving at super speed almost like they were a recording being played on fast-forward. I'd see it with other people, but they saw nothing, so i assume it was an odd lag issue. it was dial-up afterall.

Could that have been in the "Missing Maracas" quest? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Logical2u
Aug 26, 2003, 09:05 AM
I think someone should get an online petition going to fix FSOD.

I don't know where they are hosted at http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dbc
Aug 26, 2003, 05:31 PM
I think it's because you didn't talk to the lady, that also happened to me in vhard ep1 i beat caves mines and ruins,saved and quit but didn't save it because I didn't talk to the principal

AUTO_
Aug 26, 2003, 05:48 PM
On 2003-08-26 05:56, ShadowFOrce wrote:
That's becuase ST sucks really bad and gave us a CRAPPY game, even though we all love it

Something's missing there, ace. If you think the game is crappy but you love it you're either stating you love a crappy game or you're simply following the PSO revolt to get a reaction.

OriginalLacan
Aug 26, 2003, 09:05 PM
it's not that I didn't talk to the woman as I was halfway through the seaside area when i quit. And it wasn't human error as I was watching the little intro movie at the title screen as I was turning off the lights in the house. money didnt get erased, and my item inventory wasn't empty, just... Rewound..? anyways it hasn't happened again, so hopefully it was a once in a game fluke and not something that will rear its ugly head the minute after I find a real agito... anyways, thanks for the ideas

OriginalLacan
Aug 26, 2003, 09:11 PM
Also, the moon walking boomba and shark glitch was just in regular Vhard forest 1 and cave 1 on V2. It wasn't a gameplay ruining glitch, just something that makes you do a double take and check to make sure it is water you're drinking. Although, a sped up moon walking boomba would be kinda amusing to the missing maraca's soundtracks...

Dragon_Knight
Aug 27, 2003, 11:39 AM
The whole reason I put up my mag changing was because I didn't feed it in between changing it to an Ila and giving it back to my Ranger. I gave the ranger the Ila mag and shutdown when I went back in single player a few minutes later the mag was a Bihawhapfb'ldgb'l or whatever the heck you spell it. I gave it BACK to the hunter at which point it stayed that way until it was feed some stuff and changed back to an Ila.