PDA

View Full Version : GC: how to get online with ISDN

SAIJAN-ProDG
Aug 25, 2003, 07:40 AM
i know someone that needs help getting online with ISDN internet on the GC, does anyone know what i need and how to connect it all, do i need a BBA? do i need a 56k modem adaptor? do i need an ethernet card in my pc?

btw if there is another post/topic or websites that could help then post them

can someone give a good description of what i need to do ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SAIJAN-ProDG on 2003-08-26 03:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SAIJAN-ProDG on 2003-08-26 10:24 ]</font>

kat
Aug 25, 2003, 09:00 AM
Okie, I"m not familiar with what kind of provider ISDN is - so if it's DSL or cable, you'll need a Broadband Adaptor to get the cube online, but if it's dial up you'll need the dial up modem adaptor.

You won't need an ethernet card in your comp.

For Broadband, You will most likely just plug
the BBA into the modem like you would your computer's cord instead of the computer. If you have a router, use an open plug and standard ethernet cables.

If we're talking dial up, your cube will need to steal a phone wire and phone jack to plug in from the adaptor...

Rich_T
Aug 25, 2003, 11:57 AM
ISDN is a fast internet conection thats not quite as quick as broadband, but somewhat faster than plain old 56k.
As far as i know, you still need to dial into the service, however normal modems are incompatable.

To get your gamecube online wiht it you will need to use either a Combined ISDN modem/router, and ethernet lead to your gamecube

if you have an internal P.C ISDN modem, or a USB modem, internet coinection sharing is your best option, using a spare ethernet card, and a crossover ehternet/network cable.