PDA

View Full Version : PK ON GC

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 03:51 PM
Well, someone finally came up with a glitch to PK other people on GC. It goes without saying that I don't want to get any PMs on this but I thought you should know.

Beware of MARINA'S BAGS of DEATH LOL. If you see Marinas bags coming at you, run like hell http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UPDATE: THE METHOD DOES NOT WORK!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-25 16:16 ]</font>

Bit
Aug 25, 2003, 03:58 PM
I just have one thing to say right now.

Blarg.

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 04:05 PM
I should add there is more than 1 way to do it, so just because you don't see Marina's Bag on a char doesn't mean that they can't PK you. Its just an obvious one, at least for now.

BTW its not really about the specific item, its just another wonderful glitch that people will use to be jerks online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-25 14:07 ]</font>

Logical2u
Aug 25, 2003, 04:07 PM
*singing*
Its the end of the world as we know it... Its the end of the world as we know it... and I'm alright...?
*/singing*

What do you mean by "If you see Marina's Bags coming at you"?

Orange_Coconut
Aug 25, 2003, 04:11 PM
Is there any way of maybe telling if it were to happen? Or would that mean that you would have to reveal the cheat?

I mean, is there anyway that you could tell us how to know if someone is going to PK without actually giving away the cheat itself? I'm asking just to see if there's a way to prevent (not exactly prevent) but get away from the situation.

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 04:13 PM
On 2003-08-25 14:07, Logical2u wrote:
*singing*
Its the end of the world as we know it... Its the end of the world as we know it... and I'm alright...?
*/singing*

What do you mean by "If you see Marina's Bags coming at you"?

I'm trying to be careful about how I phrase things. Normally you don't see fos using that item, so if a fo enters your game and slowly makes his/her way to your location and you see him/her carrying Marina's Bag (doesn't have to be that item, but for now its a good example) then there is the possibilty that they came to PK you. Thankfully on GC chars don't drop there weps anymore, so its really kinda useless except to annoy people.

I should mention it DOES NOT have to be a Fo in order to PK you. It can be any class of char. Just didn't want people to be biased towards FOs so I thought I should explain that LOL>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-25 14:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-25 14:15 ]</font>

Dhylec
Aug 25, 2003, 04:28 PM
oh dear!
i hope i can survive this new terror http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

AUTO_
Aug 25, 2003, 04:37 PM
*yank-yank*

valuanguard
Aug 25, 2003, 04:40 PM
damn, so a person could tag behind in a party and kill everyone off when a rare drops...time to cancel HL! lol

Fujikuro
Aug 25, 2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, no offense but a PK glitch seems like one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. Do the people who come up with these glitches not realize that there is a mode on GC PSO called Battle Mode? I mean making a PK code to PK people in a normal game is just plain stupid...of course I guess you could say that about every glitch/hack/trick/cheat etc. What exactly is the purpose of a PK code besides annoying people? I am honestly trying to understand why the fuck anyone in their right mind would use a PK code...I mean hello, theres a battle mode, challenge whoever is ticking you off. I mean is a PK code really called for?

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 04:46 PM
On 2003-08-25 14:40, valuanguard wrote:
damn, so a person could tag behind in a party and kill everyone off when a rare drops...time to cancel HL! lol

Don't cancel yet. I still have not be able to replicate it. My source is trustworthy, but I still haven't been able to do it. I will experiment some more and be back to update.

ginko990
Aug 25, 2003, 04:52 PM
Blarg indeed.....blarg indeed.

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 05:20 PM
Well, supposdely there are some that say they can do it. I however have NOT been able to make it work. So either I'm missing a step or the reports are bogus. If thats the case then sorry for the thread, but I thought i would at least give people a heads up just in case. I'm still trying to make it work but so far nothing has worked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So for now, maybe the mods can close this thread unless someone else has successfully done it. Again, I just wanted to give you a heads up and I also needed to test it to verify that it works but it hasn't so far (which is good). If I do in fact get it to work MYSELF and can verify it, I will open a new thread.

Soukosa
Aug 25, 2003, 05:29 PM
Hmm... interesting way its supposed to work. I don't really see how it would work. Of course, I don't really know how PK worked on the earlier versions of PSO.

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-08-25 15:29, Kalonera wrote:
Hmm... interesting way its supposed to work. I don't really see how it would work. Of course, I don't really know how PK worked on the earlier versions of PSO.

yeah I was skeptical but the person I got it from usually is VERY reliable. I knew it would take me a short while to set it up and test so I went ahead and made the thread. Oh well, neither of us could make it work so if nothing else, I can at least verify it doesn't work LOL. I agree though, it was an interesting idea. Anyway, screw this I'm going back to Animal Crossing LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

primer567
Aug 25, 2003, 08:22 PM
Its real. And stay away from alot of Marina's Bags!!

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 25, 2003, 08:35 PM
I eat Marina and her "bag."

BogusKun
Aug 25, 2003, 09:02 PM
I am not harmed by Pk one bit but. BK is getting on my last nerver.
...::eats cat::...

Corey
Aug 25, 2003, 09:36 PM
That PK glitch does not work...
my friends did the multi way,
they did the amp way,and did it combined...
it dont work.

VioletSkye
Aug 25, 2003, 09:41 PM
On 2003-08-25 19:36, Corey wrote:
That PK glitch does not work...
my friends did the multi way,
they did the amp way,and did it combined...
it dont work.

Yep, thats what we tried also and its doesn't work. So hey, all's well that ends well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Aug 26, 2003, 02:08 PM
so izit good news?
sigh of a god.. i mean.. relief http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AUTO_
Aug 26, 2003, 06:16 PM
Thank god it doesn't work...

BTW!

I just found out a way to corrupt the whole lobby! Now I'll talk about it a lot and hope to Alla that nobody will ever know how to do it (exempting me, of course)!

Just a heads up! Don't worry I'm sure nobody will find out how to do it or even know about it...how could they!?

:sarcasm-of-death face:

BogusKun
Aug 26, 2003, 06:19 PM
Wow. Another false alarm. How sweet.

VioletSkye
Aug 26, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-08-26 16:16, AUTO_ wrote:
Thank god it doesn't work...

BTW!

I just found out a way to corrupt the whole lobby! Now I'll talk about it a lot and hope to Alla that nobody will ever know how to do it (exempting me, of course)!

Just a heads up! Don't worry I'm sure nobody will find out how to do it or even know about it...how could they!?

:sarcasm-of-death face:

Auto, you're soooooo very clever. You're witty remark is well timed (not) and informative (ok..maybe not). But the fact that you need to follow me around to every topic is very flattering. BTW I'm not the only one who notices your fascination with me. I keep waiting for you to post something relevant so that I may add to it as you do mine, but alas you never post anything relevant so my dreams are crushed for now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(dear oh dear ...how will I get by lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-26 20:42 ]</font>

AUTO_
Aug 27, 2003, 02:33 AM
I don't give you any more special attention then I give cheater X or cheater R.

I'm sorry if I mislead you, but don't hold your breath on a stalker/love/hate website.

And to be honest you're one of the few cheaters I do respond to anymore, because most of them are ignorant and illegible to the point of me simply not giving a shit.

Now I ask you (assuming the PK cheat ended up working), was "informing" these people (you're so good at it, apparently I have no room in this small town) to "stay away from Marina's Bag" because of PK probably a good thing or a bad thing...in general?

That's thoughtfull of you to care for the people, but I think in doing so you're just "informing" many pimple-faced wannabe badasses to help sink the knife in a little deeper to an already bleeding PSO.

I mean come on now...you don't want to be as notorious as HaLLa for "informing" people about cheats/glitches do you?

rena-ko
Aug 27, 2003, 08:08 AM
exactly.
next time you stumble over something like this, think about that it might be better to NOT talk about it.

i suggest you play the offline quest 'journalistic pursuit' and read nol's lines carefully.

and now i know what i will crack open the easter egg waiting for so long in my forces bank for. just to scare some people off *laughs*

have fun

VioletSkye
Aug 27, 2003, 10:53 AM
On 2003-08-27 00:33, AUTO_ wrote:
I don't give you any more special attention then I give cheater X or cheater R.

I'm sorry if I mislead you, but don't hold your breath on a stalker/love/hate website.

And to be honest you're one of the few cheaters I do respond to anymore, because most of them are ignorant and illegible to the point of me simply not giving a shit.

Now I ask you (assuming the PK cheat ended up working), was "informing" these people (you're so good at it, apparently I have no room in this small town) to "stay away from Marina's Bag" because of PK probably a good thing or a bad thing...in general?

That's thoughtfull of you to care for the people, but I think in doing so you're just "informing" many pimple-faced wannabe badasses to help sink the knife in a little deeper to an already bleeding PSO.

I mean come on now...you don't want to be as notorious as HaLLa for "informing" people about cheats/glitches do you?

AUTO_ I have indeed misjudged you. My apologies for anything negative i have said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In retrospect, I should have waited until I was able to test it myself and see, but at least I updated it quickly (within a half hour) and in one instance even said that the mods should close this topic. As you are well aware, once a cheat gets out, legions of cheaters feel they need to run out and use it. I thought that maybe if enough of them were already in games doing it, I could at least let some people know what was going on. Lets suppose for a moment that the method did actually work, if it happened to enoguh people, you would start to see posts popping up all over about it. So the topic would have been brought up irregardless of my thread. I do understand your point however and in fact I agree that in many cases, as soon as some players hear of a hack/glitch, they run off looking for a tutorial on how to do it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Temjin-On
Aug 30, 2003, 09:57 PM
If PK was real, PSO would not change. The PSOW block has long sense gone to hell, the mass duped Tjs and like and evil demonic hacked satos are still everywere. So hears to a game thats gone to hell.

Sashi
Aug 31, 2003, 12:23 AM
Whats better, 20 threads in General about how multiple people got PK'ed, or 1 thread in cheaters warning about a new possible cheat?

I take option #2, although almost always with a grain of salt.

Dbc
Aug 31, 2003, 12:30 AM
On 2003-08-30 22:23, Sashi wrote:
Whats better, 20 threads in General about how multiple people got PK'ed, or 1 thread in cheaters warning about a new possible cheat?

Option 1, just for verification.

Reenee
Aug 31, 2003, 10:45 AM
On 2003-08-30 22:30, Dbc wrote:

On 2003-08-30 22:23, Sashi wrote:

Option 1, just for verification.

And then hog up forum bandwith so nobody can read those verifications.