PDA

View Full Version : The new F-zero

AUTO_
Aug 25, 2003, 04:33 PM
Anyone get it?

It's gotten mixed reviews so far, and the main stab at it is the difficulty level (uber-hard I guess)...

Is it worth getting (people who have it)?

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 25, 2003, 08:38 PM
I'd get it but no money. It looks cool.

Auronius
Aug 25, 2003, 08:50 PM
With any luck I'll pick it up tommorow.

Para
Aug 25, 2003, 09:43 PM
my cousin tried it in japan and he said it was good

Dangerous55
Aug 25, 2003, 10:53 PM
Prolly going to suck but people will love it anyway.

Kent
Aug 25, 2003, 11:13 PM
Well, if it's anything like F-ZERO X in gameplay, then it's probably going to be very good.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 26, 2003, 12:24 AM
Its like the F-Zero 64 version, but with better graphics... Only new thing is the customizable machine parts.... and some new racers... Being the idiot I am, I'll probably end up getting it....

Kent
Aug 26, 2003, 01:00 AM
Don't forget about the Story Mode they've put in it.

rena-ko
Aug 26, 2003, 10:02 AM
according to famitsu, the story mode is kinda... mediocre.

but i really loved F-Zero X - music, design, everything. GX is said to be the same just with updated graphics and because of that, i'm really looking forward to it.

but... are there random tracks in again? that was one of the most fun parts (besides getting all medals with all cars on all difficulty levels)

anyway. cant wait, but...
PAL-release 31. October, gah, late birthday present *laughs*

AUTO_
Aug 26, 2003, 05:18 PM
From what I've read, the only real knock on the game is the rediculous difficulty level.

Doesn't bother me much though, I've always thought the Fzero series has been challenging (which is a good thing...as long as it isn't to frustrating).

Dbc
Aug 26, 2003, 07:05 PM
it looks like a good game, I myself don't have a gamecube but I'd try it out, Fzero on 64 was fun.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 27, 2003, 03:30 PM
IT ROCKS!11!!1!1!!

Genoa
Aug 27, 2003, 04:19 PM
When I played Super Smash Bros. And I got Captain Falcon, I had no Idea who he was. Checked the thingy and said F-Zero. Never played it but after a while of playing with Captain Falcon on SSMB, I noticed how cheap he was. Yuk, I hate C. Falcon. And that's why i'll neva play F-Zero. Second of all, I don't really like racing games. Only one I got into was Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. Why, cause it's Mario that's why http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AUTO_
Aug 27, 2003, 04:48 PM
On 2003-08-27 13:30, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
IT ROCKS!11!!1!1!!

You think it's hard? Reviews said it was.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 27, 2003, 05:21 PM
On 2003-08-27 14:19, MegamanX wrote:
When I played Super Smash Bros. And I got Captain Falcon, I had no Idea who he was. Checked the thingy and said F-Zero. Never played it but after a while of playing with Captain Falcon on SSMB, I noticed how cheap he was. Yuk, I hate C. Falcon. And that's why i'll neva play F-Zero. Second of all, I don't really like racing games. Only one I got into was Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. Why, cause it's Mario that's why http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Your reason on not liking the game makes no sense AT ALL! jsut because a character is "cheap" as you said he is, doesnt make the game he came from a bad game, ITs a shit load better than mario cart.

On 2003-08-27 14:48, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2003-08-27 13:30, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
IT ROCKS!11!!1!1!!

You think it's hard? Reviews said it was.

Its like all F-Zero Games, they start out easy, then get Ubra hard. hahaha, but non the less, it is a most excelent game.

DeathCheese87
Aug 27, 2003, 10:21 PM
its a fun game, really.

story mode is just ok, nothing too exciting.

man, ive only played it for one day, and i'm hooked. no soul calibur 2 for me yet.

and man, it feels like a fast game. so fast!

Namevah
Aug 28, 2003, 05:10 PM
I played a demo at gamestop. Although it was just one race I wanted to play it over and over. I got 2nd. Reviews I have read (GameInformer, EGM.com, and some guy from Gamefaqs) have givin it high scores. They say it is very hard, the story mode has neat little objectives for each race (or something like that) and it is fast. Im getting in along with Soul Calibur 2 soon.

May
Aug 28, 2003, 05:51 PM
We got the F-Zero AX arcade machine in the city last week. I've ventured in twice, and twice I've stood in a line for over ten minutes before leaving.

They've got two machines, they draw in more people than the rest of the machines put together. The GC connectivity doesn't seem too exciting, it only saves lap times and scores and other novelty rubbish.

It looks really fun, though. The entire machine tilts and shakes, there's a whole mess of speakers built into it, and yeah.

There also seems to be a special card system thing going. Much like the Initial D arcade machines. I'm yet to find what these cards do... And I'm yet to play it. -_-

I should more than likely go pre-order the GameCube version soon.

Sharkyland
Aug 28, 2003, 05:53 PM
It looks pretty cool. My friend played the Japanese version and he got from 30th place to 2nd place on his first try. He just didn't know where the booster was until the final lap. I think I plan on getting it. I hope the OST is good.

NKOTB
Aug 28, 2003, 11:32 PM
Mario Kart is better because it doesn't suck like the Captain guy. It also has turtle shells.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 29, 2003, 06:29 AM
On 2003-08-28 21:32, NKOTB wrote:
Mario Kart is better because it doesn't suck like the Captain guy. It also has turtle shells.

Yet again, That makes no sence at all, Just because a character sucks doesnt make the game bad...........It is a shit load better than Mario Kart.

Kent
Aug 29, 2003, 09:29 AM
On 2003-08-28 21:32, NKOTB wrote:

And F-Zero is better because it relies more on skill than on shooting koopa shells at anyone in front of you. It's also much, much faster.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 29, 2003, 02:18 PM
Did i mention that it is the best racing game ever made?, I just want to make that clear.

NKOTB
Aug 29, 2003, 05:33 PM
Did I mention Mario Kart has turtle shells????

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 29, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-08-29 15:33, NKOTB wrote:

Hey guys, did I mention that F-Zero has a stroy line, a garage(where you make your own car from parts you buy), 30+ unlockable characters.The cars go over 1500 mph, and its the best racing game ever made!!!
O ya, it doesnt need turtle shells.

hollowtip
Aug 29, 2003, 05:54 PM
I swear some of these reviewers/critics must have just gotten into gaming. I fucking hate it when they knock off a couple of points for a game being "too hard" in their opinion. I'd rather it be too hard than way to easy to where I can beat it in a week like Wind Waker. I swear people are too damn lazy these days to actually put in some effort and get a good at a game.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 29, 2003, 06:09 PM
I don't personally think that it's a very good idea to compare F-Zero's new version and Mario Kart. There are good reasons for this:

1: They are really in different classes of game. Mario Kart was one of the original 'Kart Games,' in which the point is as much battle as racing. F-Zero, aside from some very small and easily avoidable weapons (from what I remember?) is a complete racing game.

2: Mario Kart 64, the most recent version that anybody has played unless they work for NOA or were at E3, is much, much older than the new F-Zero. That alone bars comparison, in my opinion.

3: Any comparison that you could make is based on opinion anyway. Better to say things that you specifically like or dislike about a game in question, and then let the other people on the board decide for themselves. That helps to prevent useless arguments like these ones.

My last tip would be to never say anything is the best (whatever) ever (whatever). It completely invalidates your argument when you make the assumption that you have suddenly played every good racing game ever played, and have a valid and unbiased opinion enough that you can give that statement fairly, which you obviously do not.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

-Inu

The_Hero_Of_Time
Aug 29, 2003, 10:04 PM
On 2003-08-29 16:09, Inu_Ranma wrote:
I don't personally think that it's a very good idea to compare F-Zero's new version and Mario Kart. There are good reasons for this:

1: They are really in different classes of game. Mario Kart was one of the original 'Kart Games,' in which the point is as much battle as racing. F-Zero, aside from some very small and easily avoidable weapons (from what I remember?) is a complete racing game.

2: Mario Kart 64, the most recent version that anybody has played unless they work for NOA or were at E3, is much, much older than the new F-Zero. That alone bars comparison, in my opinion.

3: Any comparison that you could make is based on opinion anyway. Better to say things that you specifically like or dislike about a game in question, and then let the other people on the board decide for themselves. That helps to prevent useless arguments like these ones.

My last tip would be to never say anything is the best (whatever) ever (whatever). It completely invalidates your argument when you make the assumption that you have suddenly played every good racing game ever played, and have a valid and unbiased opinion enough that you can give that statement fairly, which you obviously do not.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

-Inu

hahaha, if ya havent noticed Its all been for fun do far for me in this thread, I like both games, but I prefer F-Zero to mario kart...The is also F-Zero X(not GX) that would make it fair, right?

BogusKun
Aug 30, 2003, 02:24 AM
On 2003-08-29 15:33, NKOTB wrote:

Ever since turtle shells been in mario games.... I started buying rare turtles and exotic ones... except that super giant one... need a yard for him... and a poopie place..

Inu_Ranma
Aug 30, 2003, 03:27 AM
Comparing F-Zero X is fair. I personally like Mario Kart better, but that's because of the style of game. I prefer kart games ^_^

OmegaLoser
Aug 30, 2003, 09:37 AM
HOLY CRAP. i got it the first day it came out. THIS GAME IS AWESOME. i've been playing it every chance i get. i unlocked all 30 racers already. some of them are really awesome. heres the list of the great stuff

1. character bio. ALL characters have a bio for them. this also comes with a theme song for each character. you can also ratate and view their entire car.

2. story mode. HOLY CRAP. it took me the entire day just to beat the second stage. AND IT WAS ON THE NORMAL DIFFICULTY. its a bit rough, but the stages are soo much fun they will keep you trying. FMV's are a bit short, but they look great

3. customize cars. yeah, it takes a while to unlock the parts, but its worth it. you can make your own decals for the cars (like Animal Crossing...but WAY better)

4. great tracks. they look great. they race great. no complaints here.

5. music. most people say the music stinks. WELL SCREW YOU. yeah, the music is different then what the older games have, but it sounds great.

my score for the game... 50,000/10
a simple 10/10 is not good enough for this game. this has to be the best game on the market at the moment. the only game that tears me away from my f-zero...is a LAN party with HALO. F-Zero...I LOVE YOU