PDA

View Full Version : Vol Opt, Calus and Olga?

Outrider
Aug 25, 2003, 04:40 PM
So I was bored and playing through some quests again. I was playing... err... the one with Dr. Montague, Elenor and Ult. Is that Soul of Steel? Can't remember. Anywho, it's revealed in this quest that there were three main computers that were running the facilities. They were Vol Opt, Calus and Olga. Now, Vol Opt is the boss of Mines. We all know that. Calus was an intelligent computer that shows up in the Knowing One's Heart quest, Episode 2, and most prominently in Seat of the Heart. But Olga? Olga Flow is the boss of Episode 2. But what's Olga? This is what confuses me. I'm currently beating Episode 2 again, but I haven't really been paying attention to the messages. Are we supposed to believe that Olga Flow was some sort of computer?

Nambrosia
Aug 25, 2003, 05:17 PM
"Vol Opt, Calus and Olga".. "Olga", there, refers to the AI Olga in the Seabed.
The AI Olga was inplanted in Flowen when they were performing the experiments in a further attempt to be able to control him when the experiment is done. Thus he is called Olga Flow..

If you look through the Seabed, you will see tower like terminals. Those are the AI Olga terminals.

SpyroDi
Aug 25, 2003, 07:32 PM
If you look through the Seabed, you will see tower like terminals. Those are the AI Olga terminals.

Offline only,though.

Lede
Aug 26, 2003, 12:02 AM
They were trying to make him into a Bio weapon they could control.

For reasons even i don't understand.

joncushing
Aug 26, 2003, 08:47 AM
Yes olga was the computer that controlled the facility at the seabed and it was sort of implanted in flowen when he was mutating so that he could be controlled but when de rol le escaped, it injected sap into the computer (olga) and it went crazy and since olga was in the mutated flowen (aka olga flow) he also went crazy, well i think thats how it goes lol

TheSighOfAGod
Aug 26, 2003, 10:39 AM
I don't really think De Rol Le infected Olga. Olga was in Gal Da Val island, and De Rol Le under the Central Dome. Also, Flowen would go insane because of Dark Falz's D-Factor, that's why Olga was implanted into him. The D-Factor infects machines, so Olga and the computers in Gal Da Val (which control the Central Control Area's main door) went insane along with the island's defenses (Sinows and Recoboxes). Olga apparetly couldn't control Olga Flow because the D-Factor was stronger and was underestimated by Osto. Note that part of what I wrote is based on assumptions.