PDA

View Full Version : Did the FF movie meet ur standards?

crazy_latino2
Aug 25, 2003, 07:47 PM
Do u think the final fantasy movie was made the right way?

Shattered_weasel
Aug 25, 2003, 07:55 PM
It was decent...I was hoping for some sword toteing hero but i got some pacifist

Dbc
Aug 25, 2003, 08:36 PM
Oh man that movie was horrible, I had to ask the person that worked there after if that was final fantasy.

Sedyne
Aug 25, 2003, 08:45 PM
The first time I saw it, no.

When you re-watch + consider the movie being made, and it having not to do with final fantasy, it is a good flick.

It's not like squaer-soft had the money to make a completely detailed CG that would tell the story of cloud strife for 3 friggin hours. Because i think something like that needs more time for development of a good story. in all, i was pleased.

Kent
Aug 25, 2003, 11:08 PM
The Final Fantasy movie was Square's second, and worst, mistake with the series. (VIII was the other mistake)

Not only was the movie very much not Final Fantasy, it wasn't even a good movie.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 25, 2003, 11:18 PM
Worst mistake... Just as bad as electing Gray Davis a second time...

Nidarrock
Aug 25, 2003, 11:37 PM
I would say yes. It's not a remake of any of the game, which is a major bum. But in the end it was a decent movie which had some of the best CG to date. And to me may not fully feel like a FF but it had a similar feeling to the game(can't quite word it right). Plus it was less than 2 hours long.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 26, 2003, 01:49 AM
I consider it now to be 'Getting ready to make Last Flight Of the Osiris, the movie.' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guile
Aug 26, 2003, 03:47 AM
It was ok, I guess since it had the Final Fantasy name attached everyone expected it to be just like the games, even know the game changes everytime. It was'nt that great, and something about fighting an enemy where all it has to do is touch you and you die..kind of sucked.

ginko990
Aug 26, 2003, 07:34 AM
On 2003-08-25 18:45, Sedyne wrote:
The first time I saw it, no.

When you re-watch + consider the movie being made, and it having not to do with final fantasy, it is a good flick.

It's not like squaer-soft had the money to make a completely detailed CG that would tell the story of cloud strife for 3 friggin hours. Because i think something like that needs more time for development of a good story. in all, i was pleased.

Same, i saw it in theaters and walked out unhappy.

but whenever its on cinemax or HBO i find myself watching it. Its a good movie.

OracleDDX
Aug 26, 2003, 07:51 AM
It was a really good idea for a movie it just should have been somthing else instead of final fantasy.

hollowtip
Aug 26, 2003, 08:26 AM
People's expectations were way to high like someone mentioned earlier in the thread. It was a good movie overall, it was just the plot that really held it back. I didn't really mind that it didn't tie into the games plot wise but I wish they could have at least included some remixes of the prelude at the opening or a City of the Ancients mix would have been appropriate as well. The only really bond that was apparent in the film that hinted at the game franchise was the addition of a cid character and the ending with the life force stuff. Other than that Square commercialized a lot of the content, and intern, alienated a lot of hardcore fans.

BoUnCeR
Aug 26, 2003, 08:58 AM
People's expectations got to high because of the gamers community, which started with that "Whoa FF movie the greatest game series of all time" (not), so everybody got excited about it. When it came out and they realised that the movie had nothing to do with the games, they started criticizing (sp?) it, and the normal movie watcher went with their shitty conversation. Personally, I think it was pretty good.

Valleo
Aug 26, 2003, 11:55 AM
As a movie I didnt care for it. As a Final Fantasy I was dissapointed in it. The only expectation I had was for the plot to resemble any of the games. No, not to be the same, just to have espers/aeons/summons, airships and so on. It felt like a rip off to me.

jediknight007
Aug 26, 2003, 03:10 PM
Nice graphics.

Bad story.

crazy_latino2
Aug 26, 2003, 05:54 PM
it liked the graphics but everything else sucked. i did expect it to be based on a FF game. but i didn't really care if it was. i h8 that it didn't have no magic, no swords, no spears, all that crap. i also h8ed that it was based on the REAL WORLD! none of the games did that, why couldn't the movie not do it as well. they should of just make up a new fantasy world like they usually do. but what made the movie really suck was that there WERE NO MOGS AND CHOCOBOS!!!!!!!

jediknight007
Aug 26, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-08-26 15:54, crazy_latino2 wrote:
it liked the graphics but everything else sucked. i did expect it to be based on a FF game. but i didn't really care if it was. i h8 that it didn't have no magic, no swords, no spears, all that crap. i also h8ed that it was based on the REAL WORLD! none of the games did that, why couldn't the movie not do it as well. they should of just make up a new fantasy world like they usually do. but what made the movie really suck was that there WERE NO MOGS AND CHOCOBOS!!!!!!!

Yea! Chocobos rule!

Sagasu
Aug 26, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-08-26 05:51, OracleDDX wrote:
It was a really good idea for a movie it just should have been somthing else instead of final fantasy.

I agree with u here...

GuerillaPimp
Aug 27, 2003, 02:44 PM
hell no, that movie was trash. i wasted 5.50 on that crap ass movie. FF11 is lookin to be another terd on the way too..

Genoa
Aug 27, 2003, 04:05 PM
It was short (of course, its a movie not a REAL FF), not that many battle scenes (now come on, the reason you play is to fight and if they have a good story line), bad story line as well, it was set up for a sequal (if you ask me it was) and they'll never make one, and they should have made one from a FF that's already made. I would have loved to see Final Fantasy VIII. If they didn't do that then VII. No way will I see a FFX in a theater. 7 and 8 are the only good ones to me. IX was alright but X is LUDACRIS <--(spellcheck)

crazy_latino2
Aug 27, 2003, 10:27 PM
oh yeah and i think FFX is one of the weaker titles. why make a sequel to it. why not make a sequel to FF7? I mean c'mon FFX-2 is gonna flop like sh!t !