PDA

View Full Version : New quest.. Know any keywords?

Mew2baby
Aug 26, 2003, 03:33 AM
WEll Im messing around here online with Jody and a Frech guy I met lol

Here are some of the key words to say]
Fire
Fireworks oth make the fire react

monster which makes more blue squids come out
comet
tails
make a shooting star appear

If you have a male and female and a love heart say love
I made the screen pitch black once... but dont know how exactly.
I said sato once and a rock started sparkling...

So everyone see if you can figure out anymore words!

AndyPandy
Aug 26, 2003, 03:42 AM
ah right ..lol, might have to renew my HL to try this...haha.

Mew2baby
Aug 26, 2003, 03:46 AM
A new one that bio thought up was explosion, watch the fire for that once ;0

again thats explosion

VulpesMundi
Aug 26, 2003, 03:56 AM
As far as I'm concerned, all the events are just random (or perhaps even cycled). My group stood around the fire for a bit and the monsters just showed up. After the monsters were defeated, I turned around back towards the fire and noticed a blue spirit moving by the wall further behind. I don't know where it went, but I do know there's a rock blocking a doorway in the northwest corner. I remember a part of Dream Messenger had you follow spirits just like those, so that leads me to believe there may be more to the quest than meets the eye. The screen went completely black once. Fireworks happened every now and again, which included launchers in the air, ground sparks, and even patches of hearts. And every now and again there would be a shooting star. None of the previously noted keywords were used to make any of these things happen.

Mew2baby
Aug 26, 2003, 03:57 AM
Now we got pops or pop whichever....that is the key word for fireworks.
You might also try moon, that blacked the screen out for us.
There also seems to be an order into which you can say things, between four people, each gets a turn.

Im not sure now how these work with only one player or two and so forth////

Mew2baby
Aug 26, 2003, 04:03 AM
Did you try the key words??

I to stood still for a while and teh squids came, but jsut one, than i got a maiol from jody about monster, and definatly works unless Im crazy.....

The word star, that makes a star apear in the sky and then dissapears

But yes these events can happen on there own as well thats true.

Bri-N
Aug 26, 2003, 04:13 AM
Look towards the beach:
Blam - Causes the fireworks to appear
Blue - Causes a shooting star to appear
Star - Causes a shiny star to appear
Enemy - I think you know what you get with this lol

Look at the fire or the wall behind it:
Boom - Causes a blue orb to appear on the wall
Fire - Causes a puff of smoke to appear where the fire is

AndyPandy
Aug 26, 2003, 04:17 AM
UNSEAL- Unseals the J Sword http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VulpesMundi
Aug 26, 2003, 05:06 AM
I stand corrected. After posting the first time I went back online to try out keywords and sure enough they do work. Following is a list of what I got to work...

enemy, monster: starts a battle (one battle at a time, five battles maximum).
comet, sky, tail: causes a shooting star over the ocean.
star: causes a single star in the direct southern sky to shine brightly.
dance, shimmer, sparkle: causes the ocean to sparkle in the moonlight.
blam, pop: causes a skyward firework to launch over the ocean.
spinner: causes a ground spinning firework near the speaker.
fire: causes the campfire to release a plume of smoke (black close up, turns red when viewed at a distance).
explosion: causes the campfire to explode with flames.
darkness: causes the screen to go completely black.

Tekershee
Aug 26, 2003, 05:25 AM
Heh we just been on. Its fun. And those keywords do work.

Jack
Aug 26, 2003, 06:07 AM
1. There's a teleporter to the top of the rock that NiGHTs sits on in that quest halfway along.

2. Come back up to see the Chief tell you off for making the floor wet.

Shimarisu
Aug 26, 2003, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone,

Try hunting rares here, I got L+K Combas off Yellowboze! That's the rare drop from Dolmolm in Seabed. Keep saying "Monsters" till you get your rare! I'm off to get spirit garment on Whitill. You can only do it a limited number of times, so you have to restart the quest, however:

Greenill=Silence Claw, 1.5625%
Viridia=Cross Scar, 1.5625%
Skyly=Cure Paralysis, 0.1953125%
Bluefull=Fatsia, 0.3173828125%
Purplenum=L+K Combats, 1.5625%
Pinkal=Gae Bolg, 1.5625%
Redria=Monkey King Bar, 0.3173828125%
Oran=Dragon Slayer, 1.5625%
Yellowboze=L+K Combats, 1.5625%
Whitill=Spirit Garment, 0.3173828125%

Obviously a lot of this is trash, but Redria and Whitill have a VERY nice chance of VERY decent rares here. I'm going to do more research to see if it works for other IDs, but I don't see why not.

- Shimarisu (going to power level my Redria RAcast too...)

ginko990
Aug 26, 2003, 07:23 AM
I want this quest http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif psox probably not going to get it until next summer lol.

rbf2000
Aug 26, 2003, 07:26 AM
knights - (looking at the water) fireworks from behind far right rock. (didn't work consistantely - other things set off same fireworks)

gun - made rock explode (looking at rocks, made fire works come of out second rock from right). Seemed to work when I shot it and said gun...

burst - differant set of fireworks than pop

Moon-HeeJun
Aug 26, 2003, 10:08 AM
the word "odd" makes a moving sparkle fly past the camp fire

Proff
Aug 26, 2003, 10:51 AM
Saying things, while on the beach, will cause different things to happen to the environment. Different things may cause the same effect (smoke/fire/flame/burn).*

Explosion - makes the campfire explode
Fire - makes the campfire puff smoke
Burst - a blue firework
Blam/Pow - a yellow firework
Darkness - screen goes black
Boo - blue (slime shot) bounces across the back wall
Fountain - rocks shoot sparkles
Sparkle - makes the water sparkly
Beast - makes an octopus monster appear**
Star - makes a little star appear in the sky, then fade
Sky/Comet/Tails - shooting star goes across the sky
love/heart - when near the opposite sex, tons of hearts pop up

This is all I've gotten so far, good luck finding more, I'll be trying.

*Once you've said something, like "fire," you have to wait until the animation is over before you can trigger another one. If you just stand around, random things will happen.

**Say beast and kill the dolmolm. Say beast again and 2 appear, kill them. Say beast again, 3 appear.. Kill them. Again and 4 appear. Again and 5 appear. It stops after that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Proff on 2003-08-26 10:16 ]</font>

Auracom
Aug 26, 2003, 11:29 AM
Whoa this is so cool... I'm gonna take out a dictionary and write out every word! Be back in a year or so. Hehehe nah I tried the quest and just ran all over the place looking for a gba mini game... but didn't find a thing. Maybe some gba type keywords need to be said... who knows.
*runs to GC to fight squids*

Malkavian
Aug 26, 2003, 12:19 PM
hey lets quote us and keep completing the full list instead of each one put a new list. I took this from vulpesmundi and added things I knew and I just read here from other people.

enemy, monster, beast: starts a battle (one battle at a time, five battles maximum).
comet, sky, tail: causes a shooting star over the ocean.
star: causes a single star in the direct southern sky to shine brightly.
dance, shimmer, sparkle: causes the ocean to sparkle in the moonlight.
blam, pop: causes a skyward firework to launch over the ocean.
spinner: causes a ground spinning firework near the speaker.
fire: causes the campfire to release a plume of smoke (black close up, turns red when viewed at a distance).
explosion: causes the campfire to explode with flames.
darkness: causes the screen to go completely black.
boo: causes a blue light ball pass. It is supposed to be a ghost.
Fountain: rocks shoot sparkles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2003-08-26 10:25 ]</font>

Malkavian
Aug 26, 2003, 12:28 PM
On 2003-08-26 04:29, Shimarisu wrote:
Hi everyone,

Try hunting rares here, I got L+K Combas off Yellowboze! That's the rare drop from Dolmolm in Seabed. Keep saying "Monsters" till you get your rare! I'm off to get spirit garment on Whitill. You can only do it a limited number of times, so you have to restart the quest, however:

Pinkal=Gae Bolg, 1.5625%

Obviously a lot of this is trash, but Redria and Whitill have a VERY nice chance of VERY decent rares here. I'm going to do more research to see if it works for other IDs, but I don't see why not.

Where are this numbers from?
I played once as virida and once as purplenum got both rares. If this numbers are correct Monkey king bar and spirit garment are only 5 times harder to get.

Kujin
Aug 26, 2003, 01:09 PM

"sweet" also works.

Dhylec
Aug 26, 2003, 01:53 PM
funny! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
it should try this quest out..

Digi-Dolphin
Aug 26, 2003, 04:14 PM
On 2003-08-26 11:09, Kujin wrote:

"sweet" also works.

heh heh, 'booze' makes the ghosty appear.... hic!

Deissa
Aug 26, 2003, 04:19 PM
"launch" works as well. Launches a rocket, or something, by the area where "fountain" works

Sunblast
Aug 26, 2003, 04:27 PM
Wow, that quest looks SO cool! Too bad I'm offline. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kujin
Aug 26, 2003, 04:32 PM
"cutie" also triggers the hearts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kujin on 2003-08-26 15:00 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Aug 26, 2003, 04:48 PM
On 2003-08-26 10:28, Malkavian wrote:

On 2003-08-26 04:29, Shimarisu wrote:
Hi everyone,

Pinkal=Gae Bolg, 1.5625%

Where are this numbers from?
I played once as virida and once as purplenum got both rares. If this numbers are correct Monkey king bar and spirit garment are only 5 times harder to get.

Can you tell me how many runs you got the rares in? Anyway these numbers are from a very reliable Japanese site, which as of last week does not exist any more. I think they took the numbers from an official Sega guide. However I have printouts of the percents for every monster in the game, and according to research have not found a mistake as of yet. I estimated around 20-25 runs for Redria and Whitill, myself and a friend did do 25 Redria runs yesterday with nothing - but bear in mind this is random. I DID once see 1000 El Rappies before I saw a Pal, then two at once. >_< Pals are 1 in 500.
So it could be 50 or more runs, it's still quicker than endlessly doing seabed however.

- Shimarisu (this is the only thing about the new quest that really excites me. Why has nobody else tried for decent rares?)

Mew2baby
Aug 26, 2003, 04:52 PM
I gotten 5 mkbs now from Redria Seabed runs...
My first one came int eh first room of seabed offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif...
ve only actually gotten on MKb online.

AUTO_
Aug 26, 2003, 05:12 PM
By the sounds of things, I'm sure they're many keywords/actions nobody has seen or done yet.

I'm gonna have to try it tonight.

LollipopLolita
Aug 26, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-08-26 14:48, Shimarisu wrote:
I think they took the numbers from an official Sega guide.

they are not from the official sega guide, and such numbers do not exist on any of the sega guides. those numbers were collected from gamers doing runs and excavation reports from the JP bbs

we got a list of most of the words for the new quest.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1301

RagMasterRappy
Aug 26, 2003, 08:00 PM
Pictures (http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~ragmstr/psopics/8-26-2003.html) . Of the quest.

Reenee
Aug 26, 2003, 10:56 PM
Does "secks" work? KIDDING, kidding...

RadHaz
Aug 26, 2003, 11:04 PM
skyly makes the falling star appear also.

rbf2000
Aug 26, 2003, 11:09 PM
On 2003-08-26 21:04, RadHaz wrote:
skyly makes the falling star appear also.

It's the "sky" in skyly that makes it work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-08-26 21:09 ]</font>

OriginalLacan
Aug 27, 2003, 12:03 AM
hmm. on the english Minhiro site, it stated that this quest was coming to PSOX the same day.... Would've been nice..

Mixxey
Aug 27, 2003, 05:50 AM
try the word "romantic". a kind of fountain will appear behind the rocks at the camp fire http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

muff
Aug 27, 2003, 06:15 AM
On 2003-08-26 14:48, Shimarisu wrote:
I estimated around 20-25 runs for Redria and Whitill, myself and a friend did do 25 Redria runs yesterday with nothing - but bear in mind this is random.
- Shimarisu (this is the only thing about the new quest that really excites me. Why has nobody else tried for decent rares?)

Make that 59 runs, no mkb >_>

Aurra
Aug 27, 2003, 02:11 PM
Here are the ones I know of-

star (shiny star in the sky for a few seconds)
blue/sky (shooting star)
love/like/heart/sweet/cutie (makes hearts if 2 characters of the opposite sex are standing near each other)
blam (firework)
pop (alternate firework)
romance/romantic (rocket on the beach)
spinner (makes a spinner)
boom (makes dancing blue ball by the cliff)
monsters (makes monsters appear, but only a few times)
explosion (makes the campfire explode)
fire (makes smoke rise from the fire)
darkness (makes screen go dark for a few seconds)
dance/shimmer (makes the ocean shimmer)

There are probably more, but those are the ones my group figured out

RagRappy2000
Aug 27, 2003, 03:08 PM
strange makes the blue ball float near the campfire

Wang_Tang
Aug 27, 2003, 04:52 PM
I'm far too lazy to read thru the entire thread, so if someone has already mentioned these words, forgive me.

Anyways, someone should try:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Robotnik, and so on. Also try Gameboy, Gamecube, Sega, Dreamcast, and other random words, and see if those do anything. I haven't tried these myself, so I'm not saying they do anything, but rather I'm asking if someone will try the words out.

AUTO_
Aug 27, 2003, 04:57 PM
Last night me and GITG (Getintothegame) did random words up the wazoo...we didn't get anything new.

And for the ones that work, we couldn't get "knights" to work...don't know if that was our problem or the guides.

BTW...on the PSOW guide...the map has 2 stars in the sky...why? (We could only get one to shine)

goldbrease
Aug 27, 2003, 06:20 PM
im going to try rare and RARE and variations and see what hapens.

heyf00L
Aug 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
I did 75 runs and didn't get an MKB. For some reason on PSO-World it says
Monsters appearing will also drop rares according to their charts but rarely.
What is that supposed to mean? Do they really think Sonic Team modified the drop rates to be rarer? lol.

Getintothegame
Aug 27, 2003, 11:05 PM
Type lolipoplolita

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-08-27 21:11 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Aug 27, 2003, 11:09 PM
=p romantic and romance have roman in it which is a refference to roman candles most likely. =p

heyf00L
Aug 27, 2003, 11:41 PM
Well nevermind. I just did a couple more runs and found an mkb. It was on run 77.

Shimarisu
Aug 28, 2003, 12:05 AM
On 2003-08-27 19:56, heyf00L wrote:
I did 75 runs and didn't get an MKB. For some reason on PSO-World it says
Monsters appearing will also drop rares according to their charts but rarely.
What is that supposed to mean? Do they really think Sonic Team modified the drop rates to be rarer? lol.

None of the other rares appear any less frequently. I researched it with 5 IDs and nobody cares. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I can only surmise the frequency for this item was wrong in the first place, because I've done MANY seabed runs on Whitill and never found Spirit garment either.

But with a high level redria FO, you can do runs in such a short time it barely matters. It's still easier than seabed, and the drop rate is NO different, trust me. The other IDs find their crappy stuff really frequently.

- Shimarisu

heyf00L
Aug 28, 2003, 03:11 AM
Spirit Garment and MKB from Dolmolm have the same chance of droping.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/393/393635p1.html

I got my MKB around Dolmolm number 1150 so I seriously doubt ST made the rares more rare. That'd be stupid.

Malkavian
Aug 30, 2003, 10:42 AM
The drop rates of Shimirasu and heyf00l aren't the same.
Which ones are correct or more accurate?

I played it 4 times and got 2 silence claws and 2 Lk&14 combats.
Or Im very lucky or 1 each 213 is obviously wrong.

Reenee
Aug 30, 2003, 12:31 PM
Quite lucky...in terms of drops. Remember, odds are just odds. Just because 1 in 213 doesn't mean the 213th enemy will drop it.

Jazhara
Sep 2, 2003, 05:17 AM
Last weekend, 1545 Dolmolm killed, MKB 0% (103 runs).

Heyf00l's FAQ isn't perfect, but it does give you a good indication of rarity.