PDA

View Full Version : Murderers attempt to justify actions

Jack
Aug 26, 2003, 10:23 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/aug03/164632.asp

Members of a small church where an 8-year-old autistic boy died during a prayer session gathered Sunday at the home of their pastor, who said he was confident no church members or staff would be charged in the case.

"Didn't do nothing wrong," David Hemphill said outside his home Sunday afternoon, with the sounds of yelling and moaning from his gathered flock plainly audible from his front steps. "We did what the Book of Matthew said, Chapter 12. All we did is ask God to deliver him."

Good shitting crikey, this is just disturbing. I mean, fuck, this is 21st century America, not the shitting Salem Witch times. I feel physically sick at this. Whatever happened to "Thou Shalt Not Kill?"

DarkWolf
Aug 26, 2003, 10:44 AM
Mark 9:42 "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck."

That child had a purpose in life. He may have had the chance to be the one to cure autism, or to overcome it. Maybe he might have had the potential to be the next Stephen Hawking.

The child's pain is now over. The adults' pain is just now starting, and will continue on, unless they come to the realization of what they really did.

Voodoochild
Aug 26, 2003, 11:34 AM
In some countries they think that kids like that are closer to god than the rest of us.That they have a gift we dont deserve.So i hope that the adult's will be lock in and the key thrown away.

Shimarisu
Aug 26, 2003, 07:44 PM
1. There is no cure for autism.

2. When are people going to realise? STOP FUCKING HOLDING DOWN AUTISTICS! I have high functioning autism, and the first sign I'm in a state the first thing idiots do is make a grab for me. We really, REALLY hate this, if a person is in an autistic fit, the last thing they want is people FRICKING WELL TOUCHING THEM. We have a natural fear and aversion so the contact of strangers at the BEST of times, so if you see us upset, leave us the HELL alone! Sad fact is, I'm perfectly capable of saying "Do not touch me, I am autistic," and what do they do when I say this? THEY GRAB ME! YOU BLOODY MORONS! This disorder is a retardation of the part of the brain that relates to other people. Do you think I want your hands on me? No! Do you think somebody with low functioning autism has any say? Do they hell, that is why when a severly affected autistic is held down,
it results in hyperventilation, which can result in choking, even death, And has done in the past, and will do throughout time. These kids USUALLY carry ID cards too - these are 90% of the time ignored. The National Austistics Society say that autistics are among the most discriminated against minorities in the country. Many with any intelligence end up dead by their own hands, many without end up dead by the hands of others. It makes me gut wrenchingly, spasmodically, physically sick. You might think we are robots with no feelings for you - this is why we do not matter, but it's not even the case, we just don't understand you, we try our best to, and our lives are a living nightmare watching you people bawl your eyes out just because we got upset. And cry, whine and complain. "Oh no! The evil autistic was shouting quite loud! How terrible!"
And you think we are getting at you? We are not. How unbelievably self obsessed people are. We are not shouting AT you, we are shouting because our lives suck, so why are your feelings constantly hurt? Why do you think we hate you? We try to please you often and our complete failure to do so with EVERYBODY in life makes us suicidal. We are not fricking well robot people. Get over yourselves.

And as to trying to exorcise spirits out of the kid, jesus christ somebody please give these morons the lethal injection. Put them out of everyone ELSES misery.

- Shimarisu

Gestiv
Aug 26, 2003, 09:32 PM
The death of one is not justification for the death of others. If someone dies, they cannot learn their lesson; A life sentence is far greater punishment than death.

That is all I'm going to say.

DarkWolf
Aug 27, 2003, 07:54 AM

Maybe not now, maybe not ten years from now... but perhaps one day... ya' never know. ^_^

And as to trying to exorcise spirits out of the kid, jesus christ somebody please give these morons the lethal injection. Put them out of everyone ELSES misery.

Please, Jesus Christ did not do anything wrong here, there's no need to use His name in vain. What they did was wrong, but killing is wrong, regardless as to who it is. Especially for revenge, which puts the killer on the same level as the killed.

Atax
Aug 27, 2003, 12:40 PM
DarkWolf: There will be no cure for autistic disorders, it's based on genetic fault.

Shimarisu: Amen to that... Well parts of it anyway. Being a victim of Asberger's Disorder myself I can relate to the personal space thing, but that was when I was a kid & young teenager.

The reason people grab you is for fear that you could go out of control and hurt someone or yourself.

Even though I used to have a panic attack when someone phyisically touched me (like a pat on the back or a hand shake) or gave dirrect attention to me, I can no longer see why or remember why there is any need for a panic attack in the first place. This is because:

1. All it does is attract more attention and mkae people feel lowly for you.

2. It's a little thing called BEING SOCIAL, it's part of life and simply needs to be accepted.

Now because it's a pernament disorder, I will never be able to fully cure myself; However because I now use common sence, the worst I get is a small dose of shy-ness and if you train yourself too Shimarisu it'll do you a world of good too. Don't need to see it as a huge scary thing, just have a little courage and take it one step at a time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The reason we are so afraid (IMO), see the Hedgehog's dilemma*, we are afraid of being open for the fear of being hurt emotionally, so we withdraw in a last ditch attempt to be left alone.

Thats another reason why I've kept mine to a minimum. Sure you may be hurt once in a while, but that has to be expected as being a social member of the community; Everyone else gets hurt to, just gotta take the bad with the good.

brillyfresh
Aug 28, 2003, 10:50 AM
i think many Christians choose which scriptures to quote for a certain situation, while ignoring other, more applicable, scriptures ... the "good book" contradicts itself many times

i wish some people would stop using Jesus as an excuse for being narrow-minded, bigoted assholes

Monomate
Aug 28, 2003, 06:49 PM
On 2003-08-26 17:44, Shimarisu wrote:

2. When are people going to realise? STOP FUCKING HOLDING DOWN AUTISTICS! I have high functioning autism, and the first sign I'm in a state the first thing idiots do is make a grab for me. We really, REALLY hate this, if a person is in an autistic fit, the last thing they want is people FRICKING WELL TOUCHING THEM. We have a natural fear and aversion so the contact of strangers at the BEST of times, so if you see us upset, leave us the HELL alone! Sad fact is, I'm perfectly capable of saying "Do not touch me, I am autistic," and what do they do when I say this? THEY GRAB ME! YOU BLOODY MORONS! This disorder is a retardation of the part of the brain that relates to other people. Do you think I want your hands on me? No! Do you think somebody with low functioning autism has any say? Do they hell, that is why when a severly affected autistic is held down,
it results in hyperventilation, which can result in choking, even death, And has done in the past, and will do throughout time. These kids USUALLY carry ID cards too - these are 90% of the time ignored. The National Austistics Society say that autistics are among the most discriminated against minorities in the country. Many with any intelligence end up dead by their own hands, many without end up dead by the hands of others. It makes me gut wrenchingly, spasmodically, physically sick. You might think we are robots with no feelings for you - this is why we do not matter, but it's not even the case, we just don't understand you, we try our best to, and our lives are a living nightmare watching you people bawl your eyes out just because we got upset. And cry, whine and complain. "Oh no! The evil autistic was shouting quite loud! How terrible!"
And you think we are getting at you? We are not. How unbelievably self obsessed people are. We are not shouting AT you, we are shouting because our lives suck, so why are your feelings constantly hurt? Why do you think we hate you? We try to please you often and our complete failure to do so with EVERYBODY in life makes us suicidal. We are not fricking well robot people. Get over yourselves.

- Shimarisu

Personally, I believe that autistics are the closest to perfect that the human race will ever get. In general, they seem to be capable of brilliant thoughts, yet seem so innocent in the face of such brilliance. People believe that autistics think abstractly and incompletely, yet I believe that their thoughts are perfection. Any autistic could quite easily blow me away in everything they do except communication (and if Shimarisu is autistic then I obviously lose there as well). Intelligence corrupts, yet they remain innocent when they possess more intelligence than any average human.

I suppose that to really understand what I mean you'll have to understand some of my views on the world, which I will not post here because they are very dangerous ideas.

As to the original topic of this thread, I am still a bit confused as to what happened. Did they try to exorcise him or something? Is that why they tied him down? No matter what really happened, the boy is dead, and it's the fault of all those concerned. They could've saved him. The fools. Their time will come.

Monomate
Aug 28, 2003, 06:57 PM
On 2003-08-28 08:50, brillyfresh wrote:
i think many Christians choose which scriptures to quote for a certain situation, while ignoring other, more applicable, scriptures ... the "good book" contradicts itself many times

i wish some people would stop using Jesus as an excuse for being narrow-minded, bigoted assholes

That's why I am currently questioning my beliefs in these troubled times. I have considered myself an 'Atheist' for three years now merely because the word 'Christian' leaves a sour taste in my mouth. They constantly shove religion down our throats, yet they are the godless heathens. They constantly preach and preach and preach, yet they put nothing to practice. They are just a band of hypocrites. They call themselves peaceful, yet Christianity has been the cause of more wars and death in the world than any other cause (other than, say, imperialism). They say you should believe in the bible because it was written by divine inspiration. It was told by God to Moses and he wrote. But did not the Gods and Muses give divine inspiration to the poets of Greece? Are we not to believe them because they are 'false' and you are not? Who defines 'false'? God? You? Me? The Bible? Why not the Illiad? Why not any of the Myths of the Ancients?

I'm sorry. Not all Christians are bad. There are some truly good Christian souls out there, but, Christians as a whole disgust me, and I don't want to be associated with such hypocrisy.

DarkWolf
Aug 29, 2003, 09:10 AM
On 2003-08-28 08:50, brillyfresh wrote:

It's true that some people do not follow Jesus as they claim to... however, many times it's simply a matter of being mis-informed or mislead.

As far as contradictions, you have to understand the whole aspect of the concept. I have yet to find any real contradiction.

And please, there is no need to insult anyone, even those who do act poorly.

DarkWolf
Aug 29, 2003, 11:10 AM
On 2003-08-28 16:57, Monomate wrote:
That's why I am currently questioning my beliefs in these troubled times. I have considered myself an 'Atheist' for three years now merely because the word 'Christian' leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I ask you, did you ever know Jesus Christ?

They constantly shove religion down our throats, yet they are the godless heathens. They constantly preach and preach and preach, yet they put nothing to practice. They are just a band of hypocrites. They call themselves peaceful, yet Christianity has been the cause of more wars and death in the world than any other cause (other than, say, imperialism).

Would you hate the local supermarket, and all who shop there, if you found out the manager buys his fresh fruit somewhere else?

Certainly, many people have killed in the name of Christianity... but chances are, those people were not truly Christians. The Bible teaches us NOT to kill, and that even the mere thought of hatred is equivalent to murder. Now, if someone says they follow Jesus Christ, but do not follow His words and teachings, then they don't really follow Him, do they, so hence they are not, and never were Christians.

A hypocrite is a pretender. There are no Christian hypocrites. Only non-Christians pretending to be Christians.

Yes, there were wars done in the name of Christianity, however they were not right, nor were they in line with Christian teaching. But if "war in the name of Christianity" has caused more needless death than anything, then I'm assuming you are not counting the war against the unborn and elderly (abortion and euthanasia), the gang wars, the many murders around the world each year, racial cleansing, human sacrifice by ancient cultures, suicides, the French heat-wave, WMD, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korean War, Civil Wars all around the world, regimes of dictators... my list is too big already.

At the very most (and I'm being quite liberal here) 5,000,000 people died. That's far less than how many people die for the cause of "convience" (aka abortion and euthanasia), 10x less than WWII (political reasons), just shy of 10x less than Mao Zedung's regime (dictator reasons), 4 million less than the Thuggee cult of India (non-Christian beliefs)

They say you should believe in the bible because it was written by divine inspiration. It was told by God to Moses and he wrote. But did not the Gods and Muses give divine inspiration to the poets of Greece? Are we not to believe them because they are 'false' and you are not? Who defines 'false'? God? You? Me? The Bible? Why not the Illiad? Why not any of the Myths of the Ancients?

There was once a test done... by a worshipper of God, and a whole slew of worshippers of a false god, Baal. The test was to see whose god responded. Two slaughtered animals were offered, one for Baal, one for God. Baal's worshippers tried all day to no avail. Nothing happened. However, when they were done, the single worshipper of God prayed a single, humble prayer, and the slaughtered animal (along with it's altar, and the water dumped on it to ensure that it was thoroughly soaked) was consummed in a blazing fire.

Just as a person can talk to another person, and expect a response, so too, if we put our trust in God, can we ask something of God, and have a response. But, if I were to talk to a statue... I will never get a response, no matter how much worship it receives.

All those books you previously mentioned were written by one person over their lifetime (if that). However, the Bible was written over a time of 3000 years; from over 3 continents; by 40 different authors whose occupations ranged from shepherd to king, tax collector to fisherman, and everything inbetween; and all with the same cohesiveness of a single author...

If I were to stick ten men, all about the same age, with generally the same interests, chances are, I couldn't get them to willfully agree on much anything. However, considering how many authors, the variety of backgrounds of the authors, length of time inbetween authors, on subjects pertaining to both men and women, it is simply amazing how cohesive it is... it is as if only a single person worked on it within his lifetime... what if there WAS only a single author... God, and he used people as his writing instrument. After all, it's not the pencil who writes the story, but the author who moves the pencil writes the story.

I'm sorry. Not all Christians are bad. There are some truly good Christian souls out there, but, Christians as a whole disgust me, and I don't want to be associated with such hypocrisy.

What about the athiest guy who says "Smoking is bad for you", then takes a puff of a cigarette? Would you hate the whole of athiests?

The Church is made up of true believers; hypocrites are "pretenders" who sit among God’s people. God knows those who love Him, and the Bible warns that He will sort out the true converts from the false on the Day of Judgment. All hypocrites will end up in hell (Matthew 24:51).

Do you believe you are a good person? Are you willing to find out?

Gestiv
Aug 31, 2003, 01:29 PM
Gah... I'm a Catholic, and the church is annoying me a bit right now... I prefer to pray by myself than with a hundred people...

... It worked for hermits. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Monomate
Sep 1, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-08-29 09:10, DarkWolf wrote:

On 2003-08-28 16:57, Monomate wrote:
That's why I am currently questioning my beliefs in these troubled times. I have considered myself an 'Atheist' for three years now merely because the word 'Christian' leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I ask you, did you ever know Jesus Christ?

They constantly shove religion down our throats, yet they are the godless heathens. They constantly preach and preach and preach, yet they put nothing to practice. They are just a band of hypocrites. They call themselves peaceful, yet Christianity has been the cause of more wars and death in the world than any other cause (other than, say, imperialism).

Would you hate the local supermarket, and all who shop there, if you found out the manager buys his fresh fruit somewhere else?

Certainly, many people have killed in the name of Christianity... but chances are, those people were not truly Christians. The Bible teaches us NOT to kill, and that even the mere thought of hatred is equivalent to murder. Now, if someone says they follow Jesus Christ, but do not follow His words and teachings, then they don't really follow Him, do they, so hence they are not, and never were Christians.

A hypocrite is a pretender. There are no Christian hypocrites. Only non-Christians pretending to be Christians.

Yes, there were wars done in the name of Christianity, however they were not right, nor were they in line with Christian teaching. But if "war in the name of Christianity" has caused more needless death than anything, then I'm assuming you are not counting the war against the unborn and elderly (abortion and euthanasia), the gang wars, the many murders around the world each year, racial cleansing, human sacrifice by ancient cultures, suicides, the French heat-wave, WMD, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korean War, Civil Wars all around the world, regimes of dictators... my list is too big already.

At the very most (and I'm being quite liberal here) 5,000,000 people died. That's far less than how many people die for the cause of "convience" (aka abortion and euthanasia), 10x less than WWII (political reasons), just shy of 10x less than Mao Zedung's regime (dictator reasons), 4 million less than the Thuggee cult of India (non-Christian beliefs)

They say you should believe in the bible because it was written by divine inspiration. It was told by God to Moses and he wrote. But did not the Gods and Muses give divine inspiration to the poets of Greece? Are we not to believe them because they are 'false' and you are not? Who defines 'false'? God? You? Me? The Bible? Why not the Illiad? Why not any of the Myths of the Ancients?

There was once a test done... by a worshipper of God, and a whole slew of worshippers of a false god, Baal. The test was to see whose god responded. Two slaughtered animals were offered, one for Baal, one for God. Baal's worshippers tried all day to no avail. Nothing happened. However, when they were done, the single worshipper of God prayed a single, humble prayer, and the slaughtered animal (along with it's altar, and the water dumped on it to ensure that it was thoroughly soaked) was consummed in a blazing fire.

Just as a person can talk to another person, and expect a response, so too, if we put our trust in God, can we ask something of God, and have a response. But, if I were to talk to a statue... I will never get a response, no matter how much worship it receives.

All those books you previously mentioned were written by one person over their lifetime (if that). However, the Bible was written over a time of 3000 years; from over 3 continents; by 40 different authors whose occupations ranged from shepherd to king, tax collector to fisherman, and everything inbetween; and all with the same cohesiveness of a single author...

If I were to stick ten men, all about the same age, with generally the same interests, chances are, I couldn't get them to willfully agree on much anything. However, considering how many authors, the variety of backgrounds of the authors, length of time inbetween authors, on subjects pertaining to both men and women, it is simply amazing how cohesive it is... it is as if only a single person worked on it within his lifetime... what if there WAS only a single author... God, and he used people as his writing instrument. After all, it's not the pencil who writes the story, but the author who moves the pencil writes the story.

What about the athiest guy who says "Smoking is bad for you", then takes a puff of a cigarette? Would you hate the whole of athiests?

The Church is made up of true believers; hypocrites are "pretenders" who sit among God?s people. God knows those who love Him, and the Bible warns that He will sort out the true converts from the false on the Day of Judgment. All hypocrites will end up in hell (Matthew 24:51).

Do you believe you are a good person? Are you willing to find out?

interesting that you bring up abortion, because i am strongly against it. and in naming all of those wars, you forgot two things. 1) the Crusades (all of them.) and 2) i said and i quote 'other than maybe imperialism'. WWI and II were all about imperialism. (I more than II but still). look at Ireland, Catholics versus protestants (that's not everything, there's a lot of other stuff involved as well, but it's one reason that the Catholics in Ireland have to be ESCORTED to school).

Thus far i haven't even brought in the whole Catholic pedophilic priest/bishop/cardinal controversy.

My biggest problem is the Southern Baptists, they're overzealous, bigoted, and most of them are hypocrites. (random old saying: Baptists recognize each other everywhere but the liqour store.) and living in Alabama, Southern Baptists are everywhere.

I'd rather not get into a big argument over this as i really don't know what to believe in anymore. So i'll leave everything at that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monomate on 2003-09-01 18:20 ]</font>

DarkWolf
Sep 2, 2003, 07:58 AM
interesting that you bring up abortion, because i am strongly against it. and in naming all of those wars, you forgot two things. 1) the Crusades (all of them.) and 2) i said and i quote 'other than maybe imperialism'. WWI and II were all about imperialism. (I more than II but still). look at Ireland, Catholics versus protestants (that's not everything, there's a lot of other stuff involved as well, but it's one reason that the Catholics in Ireland have to be ESCORTED to school).

Thus far i haven't even brought in the whole Catholic pedophilic priest/bishop/cardinal controversy.

My biggest problem is the Southern Baptists, they're overzealous, bigoted, and most of them are hypocrites. (random old saying: Baptists recognize each other everywhere but the liqour store.) and living in Alabama, Southern Baptists are everywhere.

I'd rather not get into a big argument over this as i really don't know what to believe in anymore. So i'll leave everything at that.

Actually that 5,000,000 WAS including the Crusades.

Okay, so let's take out all wars involving imperialism. Which means we would have to take out, as well, all wars done by the Holy Roman Empire as well, meaning the Crusades and Inquisition, then there is no longer any arguement as to how many have died from the hands of Christians (those in name only)... relatively few. THEN we have to consider who are really Christians... do they follow the teachings of Christ? If they kill, then they certainly do not, because "...no murderer has eternal life in him".

The Catholic pedophilia problem I believe is part and parcel of prophecy (1 Timothy 4:1-5), derived from the fact that they forcibly are celibate and must abstain from certain foods...

If you don't know what to believe anymore, then might I suggest a site? http://www.needgod.com Maybe you might find what you're looking for there. It is free from the hypocracy you say that runs rampant.

DarkWolf
Sep 2, 2003, 08:01 AM
On 2003-08-31 11:29, Gestiv wrote:
Gah... I'm a Catholic, and the church is annoying me a bit right now... I prefer to pray by myself than with a hundred people...

Often times, it is better to pray alone, where God can hear your uncluttered thoughts, than in public, where "the right hand knows what the left is doing".

KodiaX987
Sep 2, 2003, 08:22 AM
Someone join my religion. It's called Insanitism.

DarkWolf
Sep 2, 2003, 02:07 PM
Hey wow, a familiar sense of insanity! You're the first person I've recognized since returning. ^_^

...and you're still a nut.

KodiaX987
Sep 2, 2003, 02:28 PM
Wha-- you used to know me here?

Garanz2
Sep 2, 2003, 03:37 PM
As I have said before in other similar threads, I am happily athiest. Some people have said to me that aethism (sp?) is just a lazy person's religion, but it's not! It's not even a religion at all! Having studied the bible, I believe most people follow it because they have been taught to follow it, not because they actually believe it. Most 'christians' probably haven't even read the bible!

I think it's sad how people use religion as a method of getting what they want, i.e the crusades, because people believe in it and agree that it is right, people higher up take advantage of them.

And this stuff about the autistic boy, DAMN! What the hell were those guys thinking?

"Oh, he's having a fit. We'd better restrain him."

"Oh, now we've pinned him down, he's choking. Better keep hold and exorcise him."

"Woops...he's dead..."

Totally moronic. I agree with the second post. Toss them into a pond with a millstone around their neck. Maybe glue their eyes open and give them limited oxygen. Let them see how it feels to die in agony.

NKOTB
Sep 3, 2003, 12:42 AM
Change a few letters and Santa becomes Satan

Voodoochild
Sep 3, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-09-02 22:42, NKOTB wrote:
Change a few letters and Santa becomes Satan

Is that Santas alter ego? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkWolf
Sep 3, 2003, 07:26 PM
On 2003-09-02 12:28, KodiaX987 wrote:
Wha-- you used to know me here?

Of course! IIRC, I was the first person with a hand-drawn sig, 'cuz I could never find Rei to take a screenshot of me! ^_^

And it's your fault there's a rants section. ^_^

*sigh* have I -really- been gone *that* long?!

DarkWolf
Sep 3, 2003, 09:03 PM
On 2003-09-02 13:37, Garanz2 wrote:
As I have said before in other similar threads, I am happily athiest. Some people have said to me that aethism (sp?) is just a lazy person's religion, but it's not! It's not even a religion at all! Having studied the bible, I believe most people follow it because they have been taught to follow it, not because they actually believe it. Most 'christians' probably haven't even read the bible!

Can I ask an honest question? Do you *really* believe you're an athiest? You say there is no God, right? That requires 100% knowledge of every single thing. Now, can you tell me, exactly, how much gold is in all of China? Not likely. Can you count all of the atoms in every single star? Not likely. Could you tell me the design of the shirt I am wearing? Not likely. How many grains of dust are in my rug? You probably couldn't tell me. If you knew even 1% of 1% of all knowledge there is to be known at all times, that still is not enough to accurately say "there is no God". A more proper definition for you would be an agnostic... "I don't know if there is a God or not".

Certainly some follow it because they are taught it... but others... like a hard-nosed ex-athiest like me, have actually learned it, and have found God, exactly where the Bible said He'd be... right here, waiting for us to return to Him.

I think it's sad how people use religion as a method of getting what they want, i.e the crusades, because people believe in it and agree that it is right, people higher up take advantage of them.

True, however, it is equally sad that it happens not only among religion, but among the secular as well. Don't people of power use their power to get what they want too? What about the secular who want to ensure they never have to hear about God, and bring groups like the ACLU to ensure that even people within their own churches are very limited in what they say and do for God.

Certainly the Crusades were not right... however, keep in mind that the Bible teaches that the mere thought of hatred is identical to murderer, and that murderers do not have eternal life in them. A Christian adheres to the teachings of the Bible... someone who takes the word of man over the Word of God is not truly a Christian.

Totally moronic. I agree with the second post. Toss them into a pond with a millstone around their neck. Maybe glue their eyes open and give them limited oxygen. Let them see how it feels to die in agony.

Hey, revenge isn't ours to take. It is better if they had the millstone... what awaits them is far, far worse... problem is... is the same fate awaits a great many people... and so very few can see that...

Garanz2
Sep 4, 2003, 06:05 AM
I don't know if there is a god or not, but i choose not to believe in him because i have seen no proof that he exists, and no proof that he does not exist. therefore, I have chosen to follow my own opinion that he does not exist. I've read lots of different books and watched nerdy TV documentaries, and the scientific results all point to a 'big bang' theory, not a heavenly being creating the world in 7 days.

KodiaX987
Sep 4, 2003, 09:12 AM
On 2003-09-03 17:26, DarkWolf wrote:
Of course! IIRC, I was the first person with a hand-drawn sig, 'cuz I could never find Rei to take a screenshot of me! ^_^

And it's your fault there's a rants section. ^_^

*sigh* have I -really- been gone *that* long?!

I honestly forgot all about it. Unless you happen to be Blak-Wolf "The Bruddah!" I can't place you in my memory! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DarkWolf
Sep 6, 2003, 12:12 PM
Nuh-uh... although BlackWolf was irate about me using the name DarkWolf first. ^_^

Lesee... back around when Watashiwa was a mod, Cube was arrogantly proud of the upcoming GC and he *had* to have one, the Never-Ending-Sentence was up to 5 pages, RL pics just started, and Mistkerl Zwo always had something funny to say.

DarkWolf
Sep 6, 2003, 12:55 PM
On 2003-09-04 04:05, Garanz2 wrote:
I don't know if there is a god or not, but i choose not to believe in him because i have seen no proof that he exists, and no proof that he does not exist. therefore, I have chosen to follow my own opinion that he does not exist. I've read lots of different books and watched nerdy TV documentaries, and the scientific results all point to a 'big bang' theory, not a heavenly being creating the world in 7 days.

Would you be so kind as to humor me a bit?

Millions of years ago, a large explosion happened, and a brown gooey sticky substance started coming together. This goo passed through a gas cloud formed of aluminum particles, which formed a near-perfect cylinder. This drew closer to the a vat of celestial chemicals, in the colors of red and white, and as it passed through, "Coca-Cola 12 fl. oz." was seen upon its side. It entered the earth's atmosphere, causing a perforation on the top, and a reformation of the upper aluminum for a pull-tab. This landed on earth for all people to enjoy.

Now, this sounds awfully silly, doesn't it? Every thing that is made needs a maker. You see a building, you know there is a builder. You see a painting, you know there is a painter. Just because *I* wasn't born while the Mona Lisa was being painted does not mean there was no one to paint it. But! The artist who DID paint it left records that he did indeed paint it, by telling friends, writing his signature on it, or by writing it down in his books, so therefore we know that Leonardo di Vinci did indeed make it.

It is the same way with many of the very things you see around you. Take the banana, for instance...

It has a perforated wrapper (with a pull tab!).
It is ideally shaped for the human hand and mouth.
The wrapper is bio-degradable.
Has an outward indicator as to the quality of the inward contents (best eaten by : green, too early; yellow, just right; black, ick).
It is appealing to human tastes, and has always been so (it takes scientists try after try to get something new to taste good).
Is gently rounded at the ends for ease of entry into the mouth.

To say the banana is without a creator is about as silly as saying the Coke can is without one as well.

What about the newspaper... we trust the newspapers to be fairly accurate, having reported on something that just happened. What if you had a newspaper that reported on something that WILL happen, AND on things that DID happen, with 100% accuracy? Wouldn't THAT be nice! The Bible is just such a device.

Did you know, that for centuries, scientists and historians disbelieved in the existance of the Hittites? People thought they were just an analogy, or a myth... Until someone read the Bible, and went looking for them. Scientists now have many artifacts and records from the Hittites. Did you also know, that around the time of Jesus' life, many Jews were in the complacent state of mind we are right now? "Oh tragedy won't hit us"... and Jesus had stated that after he died, every building they saw right then would be rubble... a mere 40 years later, they were; the Romans had conquered and destroyed all that was Israel. And for centuries afterward, no one could believe the Jews would actually have a nation of their own. It was a laughable thought... but the Bible mentions how and when they would once again be part of the nation of Israel.

Now, if you are right, then neither of us have lost anything from our lives... If you are right, we will both return to the nothingness we once were... In fact, with all other religions, neither of us will have any benefit over the other... but what if I am right? If God were to judge you by the Ten Commandments only, how well would you do? If you are curious, I will help you find out. ^_^

brillyfresh
Sep 10, 2003, 10:16 PM
On 2003-09-03 19:03, DarkWolf wrote:
A more proper definition for you would be an agnostic... "I don't know if there is a God or not".

now that you put it that way, aren't we all agnostic? because no one really knows if there is a god or not, and no one can even begin to convince me that they know, because in truth they only think they know, but ultimately lack the means to PROVE it

True, however, it is equally sad that it happens not only among religion, but among the secular as well. Don't people of power use their power to get what they want too? What about the secular who want to ensure they never have to hear about God, and bring groups like the ACLU to ensure that even people within their own churches are very limited in what they say and do for God.

the ACLU only supports our constitutional rights ... i don't exactly agree with everything they move towards, but they are our rights as US citizens and should be protected if they are even taken seriously in the first place

among religious they've dealt with recently:

should i pay taxes to support churches i don't belong to? HELL NO

should i have to abide by laws of a religion i don't belong to? (Ten Commandments in front of a government building) HELL NO

just because Christians are the majority in the US doesn't mean that the laws of the US should cater more to Christian groups than other religions

Hey, revenge isn't ours to take. It is better if they had the millstone... what awaits them is far, far worse... problem is... is the same fate awaits a great many people... and so very few can see that...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
how about, NO ONE can see that .... i laugh when people try to describe what they think they know my fate is, when they know absolutely nothing about it, and espeially have no evidence of its existence

that's the most fundamental flaw with Christianity, and most other organized religions: a lack of proof

i don't claim to know everything, and a lot of Christians don't either, but i really hate it when Christians tell me that they know what is gonna happen to me, when they really DON'T

brillyfresh
Sep 10, 2003, 10:26 PM
On 2003-09-06 10:55, DarkWolf wrote:
Just because *I* wasn't born while the Mona Lisa was being painted does not mean there was no one to paint it. But! The artist who DID paint it left records that he did indeed paint it, by telling friends, writing his signature on it, or by writing it down in his books, so therefore we know that Leonardo di Vinci did indeed make it.

or did he? what if those records were just a lie?

not that i'm saying they were, but you have to think more than believe, meaning you should think more about what people say or write than believe what people say or write ... i think that is the most important message the Bible has to offer ... the Bible isn't the important book it is today because everything that happened in the Bible really happened, it's important because of the latent message that people took from its writings, the inspiration it gave some people so that they could achieve things never before imagined

the people who read it word-for-word never think about that latent message, instead they believe it without question, without wondering why those people in history really chose to collaborate their works into one masterpiece

the Bible is simply a storybook, but if all people get out of it is just what is written, you're missing the point entirely

and according to the New Testament, Jesus contradicted the Pharisees, the ones who took the laws of their nation and religion word-for-word, and what happened to his sayings? they were placed in the very same book alongside the laws he contradicted

i think Jesus was, and still is, badly misinterpreted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-09-10 20:30 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 08:45 AM
Actually agnostism is the refusal to believe or to disbelieve in a god. In short: You don't care. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2003-09-06 10:12, DarkWolf wrote:
Nuh-uh... although BlackWolf was irate about me using the name DarkWolf first. ^_^

Lesee... back around when Watashiwa was a mod, Cube was arrogantly proud of the upcoming GC and he *had* to have one, the Never-Ending-Sentence was up to 5 pages, RL pics just started, and Mistkerl Zwo always had something funny to say.

Okay, I'm starting to get you back in there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif