Well? Don't u?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2003-08-26 18:22 ]</font>

Bit
Aug 26, 2003, 08:31 PM
Doesn't everyone?

Some may even think it can go to hell.

Allos
Aug 26, 2003, 08:33 PM
Very funny.....and that topic is back he he he...

Asuka_chan
Aug 26, 2003, 08:45 PM
I love school! I get so bored during summer vacation ^^

Shattered_weasel
Aug 26, 2003, 09:00 PM
in the world where ShAttered rules their is no school

Asuka_chan
Aug 26, 2003, 09:12 PM
*enters into shattered's world* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *snifflesobchoke* *retreats into own world* Ahh...that's better ^^.

Seriously though... I really do love school ^^

Gestiv
Aug 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
I can't stand going back... especially since this was the last vaction I'll have for a long time where I'll have virtually no work to do (three very easy-to-read books). Gah... I have to get my ID taken tomorrow...

ABDUR101
Aug 26, 2003, 10:04 PM
I work, but when I was in school, it was quite the headache.

...now I love it when school starts, because all the kids are in school. XD

No nephews during the week, or no school for everyone...I think we all know my stance on that. =]

DuneMessiah
Aug 26, 2003, 10:40 PM
I don't hate school...

I just hate class.

TangledWeb3917
Aug 27, 2003, 02:07 AM
I love school ... then again im in a art school ... so i guess it doesnt count http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarkWolf
Aug 27, 2003, 07:57 AM
I would give anything to go back in time, and actually pay attention in High School. Screwin' off was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

mimicr
Aug 27, 2003, 10:31 AM
only like my freinds, subs, and the art at my school

Omni-SqwirL
Aug 27, 2003, 12:57 PM
School is awesome...except for the administration...but THAT's another topic...

DualHydra
Aug 27, 2003, 01:11 PM
i only go to school to chill and talk wit the girls. other than that i dont care. 1 more year for me and im out that crap. all i really care about is passing. i dont care if i pass with the lowest grade possible. what matters is i passed. it also sucks waking up at 7am just to get to a place where people bored you to death...anyway i start sept 8. me and my friends already got plans for cutting. anyway yea school sucks.

Valleo
Aug 27, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-08-27 11:11, Tidus_415 wrote:
i only go to school to chill and talk wit the girls. other than that i dont care. 1 more year for me and im out that crap. all i really care about is passing. i dont care if i pass with the lowest grade possible. what matters is i passed. it also sucks waking up at 7am just to get to a place where people bored you to death...anyway i start sept 8. me and my friends already got plans for cutting. anyway yea school sucks.

I hated school too... when I was there. But I cant wait for all you whiners to graduate and get jobs... heh heh heh.... then you'll know what "waking up at 7" to be bored all day really is.

Odd how no matter how good people have it, theyre always complaining. I complain about my job all the time, wishing I had better pay, easier tasks ect. And all the guys that make more and do less than me complain about their jobs too. I guess its just what people do. Even movie stars talk about how "tough" a job acting is. Really? Trade places with me then...

Asuka_chan
Aug 27, 2003, 04:55 PM

Because, omg, you are, like, so cool and shit. Give me a break. If you don't care about school, drop out. It's people like you who make school a bad place, beat up on the students who actually DO care about getting good grades, and cut class to smoke like a chimney because "it's cool". Then you'll end up on the streets or dead from drug or alcohol poisoning. You really need to get your priorities straight.

Gestiv
Aug 27, 2003, 06:10 PM
Damn... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I just don't like it because I get bored. I still do well, but I wanna learn something that I'll actually use in life, or that I'm interested in. If I had it my way, it'd be art class all day. so I could work on my drawing skills for my future career. Yeah, I'll need math, but that's exactly why I can't have art class all day. As much as I hate it, I have to learn in order to go anywhere in life. Which is the whole purpose of school, isn't it?

AUTO_
Aug 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
On 2003-08-27 14:55, Asuka_chan wrote:
It's people like you who make school a bad place, beat up on the students who actually DO care about getting good grades

Psstt...Tidus is a girl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DualHydra
Aug 27, 2003, 08:45 PM
NO i am not a girl.....people probably think im a girl cuz i probably like girls too much...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tidus_415 on 2003-08-27 18:56 ]</font>

Neo_Squall105
Aug 27, 2003, 08:52 PM
On 2003-08-27 16:18, AUTO_ wrote:

It's people like you who make school a bad place, beat up on the students who actually DO care about getting good grades

Psstt...Tidus is a girl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Psstt...Tidus is a guy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DualHydra
Aug 27, 2003, 08:53 PM

Because, omg, you are, like, so cool and shit. Give me a break. If you don't care about school, drop out. It's people like you who make school a bad place, beat up on the students who actually DO care about getting good grades, and cut class to smoke like a chimney because "it's cool". Then you'll end up on the streets or dead from drug or alcohol poisoning. You really need to get your priorities straight.

whats wrong wit that...anyway whats the point of dropping out. its like...so damn easy to pass its not even funny. well yea its funny. lol. btw where i live (bronx ,ny) we dont say "it's cool". since this is a ghetto place we say "it's gangsta" cuz well...im hispanic and i hang out wit hispanics and blacks so yea...im probably one of those people that likes picking on other people cuz they piss me off lol.

Neo_Squall105
Aug 27, 2003, 08:56 PM
On 2003-08-27 18:53, Tidus_415 wrote:

whats wrong wit that...anyway whats the point of dropping out. its like...so damn easy to pass its not even funny. well yea its funny. lol. btw where i live (bronx ,ny) we dont say "it's cool". since this is a ghetto place we say "it's gangsta" cuz well...im hispanic and i hang out wit hispanics and blacks so yea...im probably one of those people that likes picking on other people cuz they piss me off lol.

Shut up you damn Whigga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo_Squall105 on 2003-08-27 19:00 ]</font>

NKOTB
Aug 27, 2003, 11:00 PM
School is very important and there is no reason to get anything but A's & B's.
The only people who become succesful without an education are EXTREMELY talented in whatever field they have chosen. You could be a frikkin plumber and if you are really good at it, you'll be successful. The problem is that people want to be succesful without having to do any work in any classroom, or job.
I just think it's sad when people think school is unimportant and a waste.
Then again, it's less competion in the job market for me.

DualHydra
Aug 27, 2003, 11:39 PM
Shut up you damn Whigga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo_Squall105 on 2003-08-27 19:00 ]</font>

didnt i say im hispanic....you cant call me that...plus isnt that against the fourm rules...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tidus_415 on 2003-08-27 21:51 ]</font>

Neo_Squall105
Aug 27, 2003, 11:59 PM
On 2003-08-27 21:00, NKOTB wrote:
School is very important and there is no reason to get anything but A's & B's.
The only people who become succesful without an education are EXTREMELY talented in whatever field they have chosen. You could be a frikkin plumber and if you are really good at it, you'll be successful. The problem is that people want to be succesful without having to do any work in any classroom, or job.
I just think it's sad when people think school is unimportant and a waste.
Then again, it's less competion in the job market for me.

Be real. Anyone can be famous for anything. Look at Big Bird and Barney. The guys dressed up in giant fruity looking suits and they're millionaires. If anything we can always run for governor of California and beat Arnold and Gary Coleman, and when we do win we can yell "ARRGH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING BOUT WILLIS-EEEARRGH!"

NKOTB
Aug 28, 2003, 01:15 AM
On 2003-08-27 21:59, Neo_Squall105 wrote:

Be real. Anyone can be famous for anything. Look at Big Bird and Barney. The guys dressed up in giant fruity looking suits and they're millionaires. If anything we can always run for governor of California and beat Arnold and Gary Coleman, and when we do win we can yell "ARRGH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING BOUT WILLIS-EEEARRGH!"

The people wearing the costumes are nothing but terrible actors who don't make much money at all. The creators of those characters are the ones with all the money.
Using your reasoning, the people in Mickey Mouse costumes at Walt Disney World would be rich, not Walt Disney (or whoever the hell owns that company now).

ABDUR101
Aug 28, 2003, 08:38 AM
The name calling can stop, and stay on topic, yeah? =

School is important, if it's handled correctly it gives you the fundamentals for the real world. No, you won't be using the majority of the stuff taught in your day to day living and working, but it's there to give you the option of going as far as you want in different fields.

I work in physical and occupational therapy, do you honestly think I use algebra equations in that at all?

How do my former classes relate to what I do now?

English class - Using the correct words, spelling, etc for daily use. It's a given that you understand the language everyone around you speaks, as best as you can so you don't look at someone when they just told you something and go "...duh...".

Math - Basics for computation, estimization, etc Gotta estimate how far people walk, how many lbs they can use during therapy, their weight, height, etc.

Science/Biology - Quite important in therapy. Gotta understand the muscles that work with slightly different motions so you can work on it and get them built back up after someone has a stroke or is bed-fast for a long time. I still learn about this daily at work.

History - Generally, it's good to atleast know about what has happened in the past, partly because it can be interesting, and also you never know when it might come up in a conversation.(References, discussions, etc)

In summary, yeah, school can be a pain. It's better to go through atleast highschool to get the fundamentals down, and it's that way just so you have a general understanding on things. Some people never grasp it, some people take to it instantly.

The truth is, if you are just cheating through everything, not caring and just waiting to get it over with and start working, you're going to get shot down quite alot in public because your lack of education will show in everything you do. You might not think it does, but it will reflect.

It's one thing to understand it and know about it, and just want to get out so you can go far, it's entirely different to not care and just want it to be over, when you don't understand the majority of it.

Learning doesn't stop when you get out of school. I studied alot on my own, I used to sit in study hall and read through my text books, ahead of what we were currently doing just to see what else there was. I'm out of school, and I find myself wanting to know so much more just to have a firm grip on everything that is done around me at work.

Everyone has their own expectations, just remember that nobody's wings but your own are going to carry you.

VolOpt2003
Aug 30, 2003, 05:25 AM
school = boring

because you have to take some classes you dont like!

OmegaLoser
Aug 30, 2003, 10:34 AM
i don't love school, but it's good. i guess thats because i'm in college and i get to do neat things.

tiltnkirby26
Aug 31, 2003, 09:55 AM
I don't like going to school because the teacher make it really boring. Then again its just one of those things you have to do.

MasterJoel
Sep 1, 2003, 01:37 AM
i could talk all day about how much i love my school, but i won't... go to culinary school (and love food), and you will totally understand. i really don't like my western civilization class, but that comes with the degree =P . but please! dear god, no more balontines!