PDA

View Full Version : US PSOX Challenge mode block?

OriginalLacan
Aug 26, 2003, 10:29 PM
Now that the final challenge levels are almost here, will there be a PSOX us challenge mode block? or at least a night? I've been meaning to start some challenge games, but its hell trying to get people to join. I've tried searching the forums, and for the most part all i get is GC related info.

livewyre718
Aug 26, 2003, 10:33 PM
im wondering the same think cuz i really want to start my c moding.

Dbc
Aug 29, 2003, 10:15 PM
Celestite 8 it's on the main site

Sheik1
Aug 31, 2003, 03:28 AM
My believe is chall is best on the GCN. Nearly all the good players are on GCN. One reason I would not play XBox, especially challenge is the JP/US ships are not connected. I have many friends over on the JP ship...so, you may be best doing chall on GCN. It looks like it will be difficult to find a experianced team, especially for TA, on XBox...one of the reasons is that the JP ship is seperated...bad move MS!!!!

OriginalLacan
Aug 31, 2003, 05:43 PM
it seems to me that the whole "inexperienced teams" issue could be resolved, if all the players that want to do challenge mode, finally got together and actually played. Afterall, experience is the best teacher. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to start hanging out at celestite-8 again and if anyone would like to join me, for some challenge,battle or just plain playing, look for
Lacan (lv 78)or ZEPHYRofTIME (lv 27) at night in celestite-8, because with all the recent quests and modes added, I have no more excuses.

Andrina
Sep 7, 2003, 01:50 PM
Don't worry, in the VERY near future, an official PSO World CMode night is coming! ^_^

Kuai
Sep 8, 2003, 05:44 PM
CMode is so easy that a trained chimp can do it. Im sure GC will have good times yet XBOX/JP will have the best times since voice communication will help out greatly.

Richard
Sep 8, 2003, 11:11 PM
Either people are going S-Rank crazy, or Celestite:8 has become the official C-Mode block.
Nearly all games there are C-Mode now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-09-08 21:14 ]</font>

ChokingVictim
Sep 9, 2003, 12:47 AM
Cel8 is damn near the only place you even see ranked characters short of the stray ra-gou... of course should you be waiting for any particular stage it could still take hours to get a group going... and then there's the clique-ish bu-ei types doing nothing but TA in locked groups and seem to only keyboard chat in the lobbies... the mic in front of you isn't there for aesthetics people... it actually does have a function

Kuai
Sep 9, 2003, 01:19 AM
Or its because you have the Apatite retards coming in screaming for c2-c9 help that they have to resort to keyboard to get anything through. whoever spread the word of cel8 sure is a retard and it ruined it with all these psow noobs and apatite rejects

PS the Bu-Eis dont want to play with you cause **gasp**, you dont know the you are doing and they want to TA!

OriginalLacan
Sep 9, 2003, 03:42 PM
So I suppose you fired up PSO the first time and you were a lv 175 Bu-ei? give the newer people a break, as long as they're trying to learn and play. The whole influx of apatite people can be unfortunate at times, but last night, I played through 2 challenge stages with 3 other people, and I must say, it was quite enjoyable. I don't know if they were PSOW or not, but it doesnt really matter because they wanted to play. And best of all I didn't have to wait in an empty challenge room for a hour to get a game going. So even though the occasional "I'm not gay, you're gay" arguement has to be endured in the lobby, I'm not sure if the additional traffic lately is really such a bad thing...

ps: celestite 8 is clearly labeled on the PSOW home page, and the site isn't exactly hard to find, so I'd imagine someone heard of PSOW, decided to check it out, saw the block number, and told some friends. I wouldn't blame it all on some PSOW guy trying to ruin the block

Kuai
Sep 9, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-09-09 13:42, OriginalLacan wrote:
So I suppose you fired up PSO the first time and you were a lv 175 Bu-ei? give the newer people a break, as long as they're trying to learn and play. The whole influx of apatite people can be unfortunate at times, but last night, I played through 2 challenge stages with 3 other people, and I must say, it was quite enjoyable. I don't know if they were PSOW or not, but it doesnt really matter because they wanted to play. And best of all I didn't have to wait in an empty challenge room for a hour to get a game going. So even though the occasional "I'm not gay, you're gay" arguement has to be endured in the lobby, I'm not sure if the additional traffic lately is really such a bad thing...

ps: celestite 8 is clearly labeled on the PSOW home page, and the site isn't exactly hard to find, so I'd imagine someone heard of PSOW, decided to check it out, saw the block number, and told some friends. I wouldn't blame it all on some PSOW guy trying to ruin the block

they have been around 12~ regular people who played on Cel8 since day one. I really doubt that it was already named the block on day one unless im mistaken.

But yes Cmode is easy and fun if you have half a competent team. the only way your gonna get into teams with H N I C and others is if you actually know them (altho H N I C will do Cmode for pdrops)

OriginalLacan
Sep 9, 2003, 04:52 PM
i've seen H N I C around, i think the other night someone was trying to buy him wth 36levels worth of grinders. I don't get why you'd pay someone to play.

Andrina
Sep 9, 2003, 07:05 PM
A quick question for you guys and gals!

I'm working up getting PSO World's official PSOX Cmode night, and I'd like to know what you think on this. Would you like it to be at Celestite 8 where everyone already is, or would you like it to be someplace new?

Please let me know as I'd like to get the official notice up soon. ^_^ Thanks!!

Richard
Sep 9, 2003, 07:32 PM
On 2003-09-09 14:28, Kuai wrote:
they have been around 12~ regular people who played on Cel8 since day one. I really doubt that it was already named the block on day one unless im mistaken.

Well, you're mistaken.

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=910

Celestite:8 has been the official PSO-W block since PSOX was first released back on April 16th.

As for there being 12 regular users back then. Yeah, that sounds about right. For about the first two months Celestite:8 was kept "underground". But now it's not much better than Apatite; between the pre-teens screaming into the mic, people spamming symbol chat, and J-Sword using idiots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-09-09 17:34 ]</font>

Richard
Sep 9, 2003, 07:36 PM
On 2003-09-09 17:05, Andrina wrote:
A quick question for you guys and gals!

I'm working up getting PSO World's official PSOX Cmode night, and I'd like to know what you think on this. Would you like it to be at Celestite 8 where everyone already is, or would you like it to be someplace new?

Please let me know as I'd like to get the official notice up soon. ^_^ Thanks!!

Make it somewhere else besides Celestite:8. Just another block on Celestite would be fine.

OriginalLacan
Sep 9, 2003, 08:27 PM
if its going to be a psow challenge night, i'd go for a different location just to keep a PSOW event full of actual PSOW people

ChokingVictim
Sep 9, 2003, 11:09 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/headers/logo.gif

yeah... damn those retards...

ChokingVictim
Sep 9, 2003, 11:10 PM
*killing a timed out double post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChokingVictim on 2003-09-09 21:11 ]</font>

Kuai
Sep 10, 2003, 12:00 AM
I know most of the people i play with have moved to apatite 7 now but since i canceled my HL i don't really care