PDA

View Full Version : PSO is awesome but...its missing...

Shake
Aug 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
...movement.

Dodging is uncontrollable, besides walking away from the enemy or strafing, which...is kinda lame...

I always thought it would've been a little more involving if there were movements you could assign onto the action menu. Like, dashing, rolling, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've never put this game down since I got it at christmas. Whatcha think?

Kupi
Aug 27, 2003, 06:21 PM
I'd prefer dashing and jumping to dodging and strafing, personally. =D

DeathAssassin
Aug 27, 2003, 07:04 PM
I'd prefer anyting as long as they make new classes.

Kadou
Aug 27, 2003, 07:25 PM
The C-Stick ought to allow you to sidestep/strafe and hop a short distance foward or backward. It'd be quicker than just walking away with the control stick, though, and maybe if you comboed right after it would increase your attack speed 10% for that combo, or something.

ginko990
Aug 27, 2003, 07:30 PM
PSO is missing a little factor i like to call: the good game factor.

Dbc
Aug 27, 2003, 08:25 PM
This idea would make the game to easy strafe right strafe left and uve dodged mostof the basic enemies(bartle,vulmer,gillchich,arlan)

Razor_Burn
Aug 27, 2003, 08:28 PM
On 2003-08-27 15:30, Shake wrote:
...movement.

Dodging is uncontrollable, besides walking away from the enemy or strafing, which...is kinda lame...

I always thought it would've been a little more involving if there were movements you could assign onto the action menu. Like, dashing, rolling, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've never put this game down since I got it at christmas. Whatcha think?

Kind of like the gamecube Zelda (The Wind Waker)? (But save the cel-shading.) That would make the game better. It would also be nice if some characters (Like HUmars & HUnewearls) could swim.

*Watches the ocean in Ep.2 longingly.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razor_Burn on 2003-08-27 18:29 ]</font>

Night_Star
Aug 28, 2003, 01:08 AM
yeah, i know what you mean....
ive been playing this game for over 2 years now, and all love it to pieces! but i think it would be a little funner if it had some of those movements in them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AngelAlys
Aug 28, 2003, 04:51 AM
Razor_Burn, nice idea, I was thinking that myself in seabed the other day... wouldnt it be cool if the characters could swim and perform in underwater battles and in the same instance what if there was a spaceship level where you interacted with all 4 team members to kill enemies... ??? It could be like Skies of Arcadia where you could fire magic out of guns too... I would also like to see the characters climb to different levels too...

I wrote quite a few threads about what I felt ST needed to do to evolve PSO instead of card gaming it, but I think giving characters more functionality is a great idea. I'm not sure on dashing or dodging because it could really distract from good old fashioned melee action http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neoluke12
Aug 28, 2003, 05:04 AM
Why complain, you play the game dont you???????

AngelAlys
Aug 28, 2003, 07:24 AM
These aren't complaints, these are suggestions, there is a massive difference between the two words... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-08-28 09:31 ]</font>

Malkavian
Aug 28, 2003, 09:15 AM
is difficult to make a balanced battle system adding all that stuff. çWho knows probably in next generation.
Anyways PSO still has the deepest combat system I've seen in an action rpg.

Someone said Zelda... if PSO had Zelda combat system I would be bored of it in 100 hours or less. They let you jump and roll and stuff but theres no specific purpose for those moves. Is just for coolness.

Shake
Aug 28, 2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I love this game, but suggestions are nice.

Zelda eh, good idea but, I don't know...

If there was a simple movement scheme in the game, the AI would have to be tweaked with more aggressions, like pouncing and whatnot. That would make it not as easy just to dash away all the time. That'd make battles quicker, and more fast paced too.

Oh well, i still love this game anyways. I'd rather have faster action than a card battle, but, they got my 50 bucks, thats for sure.

Isaac
Aug 28, 2003, 12:08 PM
Moving away from the gameplay (sine i love it) i think this game could use a storyline. Im sure thereve been other posts on this, but still. We know ST can make a kickass game but what i think will make or break Ep III is the story. I dont think the card action will be that exciting, but if it has a good story too who knows. Either way theyve still got my 50 bucks.

Shake
Aug 28, 2003, 02:12 PM
Ever play the soul of steel quest and get the secret ending? that's story for you. after you do that, beat seat of the heart. that's story.

DeathAssassin
Aug 28, 2003, 07:01 PM
[quote]
On 2003-08-28 02:51, AngelAlys wrote:
Razor_Burn, nice idea, I was thinking that myself in seabed the other day... wouldnt it be cool if the characters could swim and perform in underwater battles...

Speaking of underwater battles, they should have like an underewater sports game like in Final Fantasy 10 with the waterball blitz.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 28, 2003, 09:38 PM
JET PACKS FOR ANDROIDS!!!

oath_to_order
Aug 29, 2003, 02:16 AM
In my opinion the best rpg would be something like this.
The Graphics of ff10
The Storyline of ff7
the characters of pso
and im not sure about battle system

But trust me i think the game is %100 coolies.
I dont think anythings wrong with it.
I really take of my hat to CT, but i dont have one... unless im my Force guy with the big bum, and mushroom hat and the bright googles ^_^

I mean meh???

Auracom
Aug 29, 2003, 09:00 AM
hehehe I was thinking the same thing. Abit more mobility would be cool. But I guess this is still an RPG and you've never been given that much mobility. Dashing would be really useful... especially after you've gone afk and want to catch up with the rest of your team. Ah well one can only dream.

Oh ya and jet packs would be hilarious...
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auracom on 2003-08-29 07:02 ]</font>

Solidus_Snake
Aug 29, 2003, 09:57 AM
My RAcaseal would turn into a stealth bomber then lol equip the NUG2000-Bazooka lol

Alena Zouryx
Aug 29, 2003, 10:56 AM
Movement would be a nice addition, I'll admit.

But incase you didn't notice already, the main reason that people become addicted to this game is the interaction with other players, not the gameplay.

Honestly, I've been playing this game for nearly 4 years now (yes, four years...the original version was released my Freshman year, and I'm a Senior now..) and the one thing that addicts me, I've learned, is the interaction among players. The actual gameplay is lacking majorly. The strafing idea would make the game MUCH more enjoyable.

In fact, being able to move more and have the characters encrypted with more animations while walking, idling, and what not would make the game even more of a miracle than it is already.

toxic_420
Aug 29, 2003, 02:32 PM
i reckon movement in pso is how it is because its a real time interpretation of the more traditional rpg style turn based system. in turn based games you basically:

attack, defend/dodge, attack, defend/dodge,
heal, defend/dodge, attack, defend/dodge.

in the real time combat of pso you basically:

attack, defend/dodge, attack, defend/dodge,
heal, defend/dodge, attack, defend/dodge.

you dont need to roll or dash or sidestep or cartwheel, the basicness of walking out of the way fits the games simple and straightforward mechanics.

Valleo
Aug 29, 2003, 04:14 PM
Strafing, dodging and blocking I could see. Hell mabye even rolls. But I dont think you guys realise what youre asking for when you ask for jumping. Seriously.

We would get all these Tomb Raider type levels (and parts of levels) based on just jumping, and I for one do not want to see that in PSO.