PDA

View Full Version : Yamigarasu...

RoninJoku
Aug 27, 2003, 09:37 PM
So how many runs did it take you to find a yamigarasu from a whitil ill gill/sinow zele? Any general tips for finding one or tips for a crap level 120 melee fo who cant hit in ultimate?

Soukosa
Aug 27, 2003, 09:41 PM
I would say to not even bother with the Sinow Zele for getting and concentrating on the Ill Gills. If you can't hit anything in Ult, then you need more ATA. If you don't have maxed out ATA yet, max it out with some God/Arms and a good mag. From there find some weapons with some good Hit to them.

edwinsu
Aug 28, 2003, 02:34 AM
my hunter was having problems hitting when i started ultimate at lvl 90 (yeah i was scared so what you try jumping into ultimate at lvl 80 legit). i traded for a god/arm and it made all the difference in the world. especially because i dont use any weapons percentages i dont find myself.

-edwinsu-

Dragon_Ash
Aug 28, 2003, 02:47 AM
Is the Yami worth getting? i'm offline so I don't want to bother if it's not

edwinsu
Aug 28, 2003, 02:55 AM
it looks awesome and its special hits (hell) hits a lot. downside its a katana.

-edwinsu-

Dragon_Ash
Aug 28, 2003, 03:06 AM
Hmm I remember seeing it in ver2. What's so bad about it being a katana? They look cool.
I don't fancy all the seabed runs though, and there is only one sinow zele per seabed and that's at the end! And the drop rate is not that high so I think I can rule that one out. But it's not as bad as getting a psycho Wand from one. One zele and a low as h3ll drop rate = http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Soukosa
Aug 28, 2003, 11:48 AM
there is only one sinow zele per seabed and that's at the end!

There's 2 Zeles on each of the Lower Levels maps.

RoninJoku
Aug 28, 2003, 03:57 PM
On 2003-08-28 00:47, Dragon_Ash wrote:
Is the Yami worth getting? i'm offline so I don't want to bother if it's not

Its worth it for a HURA like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Now can someone tell me please how many runs it took you to find? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

edwinsu
Aug 28, 2003, 04:00 PM
i just dont like katanas. they might be strong but just dont like them i prefer claws or daggers

-edwinsu-

Richard
Aug 28, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-08-28 01:06, Dragon_Ash wrote:
Hmm I remember seeing it in ver2. What's so bad about it being a katana?

YAMIGARASU was a Sword in DC ver.2. It was actually a good weapon back then.

As for how many runs it'll take. Pfft, don't bother. Sinow Zele is among the stingiest of all enemies. And their extremely limited numbers don't help any.

Soukosa
Aug 28, 2003, 06:21 PM
Sinow Zele is among the stingiest of all enemies.
They have a 35% drop rate. Most of the enemies in the game have a drop rate less than that, so how can you call it among the stingiest? Reminds me of how people call Tollaws stingy when they have the 3rd highest drop rate in the Forest.

Richard
Aug 28, 2003, 07:21 PM
That's not what I'm talking about. The number of Monofluids he drops is irrelevent. Perhaps I should of said, "Sinow Zele is among the stingiest of all enemies to get a rare from." But I thought it was obvious what I was talking about. I guess I should never expect common sense.

The truth of the matter is, Sinow Zele is easily in the "Top 3 Hardest Enemies To Get a Rare From" category. I wouldn't be surprised if Zele was number 1, actually.

And is a 35% drop rate suppose to be good? Right. Even with a 100% drop rate, Sinow Zele would still be considered stingy. There simply isn't enough of them to ever have a good chance at getting anything. That is what makes him stingy.

Soukosa
Aug 28, 2003, 07:41 PM
I don't consider an enemy to be stingy just because it doesn't show up very often. ST could easily put up a new quest that could easily change that, much like with the CCA mini bosses. For an enemy to be considered stingy with me, it would have to have a fairly low drop rate on top of dropping rares at low rate.

RoninJoku
Aug 28, 2003, 09:31 PM
AHH! Quit arguing and answer my question! I think its plenty worth getting! And I was planning on getting it from an ill gill! So can someone who has actually found one tell me how many runs it took you?!?! >_____<;;;;

Jazhara
Aug 29, 2003, 05:45 AM
On 2003-08-28 17:41, Kalonera wrote:
I don't consider an enemy to be stingy just because it doesn't show up very often. ST could easily put up a new quest that could easily change that, much like with the CCA mini bosses. For an enemy to be considered stingy with me, it would have to have a fairly low drop rate on top of dropping rares at low rate.

Err... they already did. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

- West Tower, first area (Seabed), 6 Zeles.

I'd still agree with Richard though, Mr Zele is stingy as hell, but for slightly different reasons.

Before anyone flames me, this is just my opinion, so IMVHO:

-------------------

There are three factors that decide how hard it is to get an item to drop, I personally measure rarity as a combination of all 3. Those three factors:

1. Enemy drop rate (What chance does the enemy have of making a drop at all).

2. Rare drop rate scale 1-8 (What chance does the drop have of being a rare).

3. Timescale to encounter enemy (How many of those creatures can I encounter in a short space of time).

The problem with Sinow Zele is mainly a combination of numbers 1 and 2, with a lesser element of number 3 (if you can go online and play West Tower anyway - without West Tower I agree it's a huge problem for offline players), although 6 enemies still isn't great.

All the Zele drops are good items, and hence have a high degree of rarity. With only a 0.35 chance of any item drop, multiply that by a pretty rare item and you have a slim chance of getting a rare. Add in the final fact that you can only get at about 6 in 10-15 minutes, probably 18-24 an hour, and you gotta kill a whole lot of Zele to get that Zanba with hit%. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It's a slight imbalance in the game parameters - Zele should probably have a drop rate closer to Mini-bosses than a normal enemy, that would give more consistency with the game logic.

As far as item hunting goes, I personally prefer a smaller number of high chances to get a drop, over a larger number of small chances to get a drop.

Zele is a small number of small chances to get a drop, which can't be good for your stress levels. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RoninJoku
Aug 29, 2003, 04:43 PM
Um, yeah... Can someone who has actually FOUND the yamigarasu tell me about HOW MANY RUNS it took to find it from an ILL GILL now? I didnt make this thread to hear people argue about the stingyness of sinow zeles... And im sorry if I sound mean but... Im very frustrated! >__<

Richard
Aug 29, 2003, 07:06 PM
This was done with SKYLY, not WHITILL. But it's essential the same thing, since Ill Gill drops YAMIGARASU for both IDs with the same frequency.

Quest - East Tower:

1-4: Nothing
5: Photon Drop - Recobox
6: Nothing
7: FATSIA - Meriltas
8: Nothing
9: JUSTY=23ST - Gee
10: Photon Drop - Zol Gibbon
11: MONKEY KING BAR (0/0/20/20) - Mericarol
12-16: Nothing
17: MONKEY KING BAR - Mericarol
18: YASMINKOV 7000V - Mericus
19: Nothing
20: Photon Drop - Recobox
21: Photon Drop - Gibbles
22: Photon Drop - Delbiter
23: Photon Drop - Merikle
24-29: Nothing
30: MONKEY KING BAR (0/5/0/0) - Mericarol
31-36: Nothing
37: YASMINKOV 7000V (10/0/0/0) - Mericus
38-39: Nothing
40: DRAGON SLAYER - Del Lily
41-43: Nothing
44: YAMIGARASU (0/0/10/5) - Ill Gill

4 Ill Gill (per run) x 44 runs = 176 Ill Gill

176 Ill Gill = 1 YAMIGARASU = about 0.056% chance

Dbc
Aug 29, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-08-29 17:06, Richard wrote:
This was done with SKYLY, not WHITILL. But it's essential the same thing, since Ill Gill drops YAMIGARASU for both IDs with the same frequency.

Quest - East Tower:

1-4: Nothing
5: Photon Drop - Recobox
6: Nothing
7: FATSIA - Meriltas
8: Nothing
9: JUSTY=23ST - Gee
10: Photon Drop - Zol Gibbon
11: MONKEY KING BAR (0/0/20/20) - Mericarol
12-16: Nothing
17: MONKEY KING BAR - Mericarol
18: YASMINKOV 7000V - Mericus
19: Nothing
20: Photon Drop - Recobox
21: Photon Drop - Gibbles
22: Photon Drop - Delbiter
23: Photon Drop - Merikle
24-29: Nothing
30: MONKEY KING BAR (0/5/0/0) - Mericarol
31-36: Nothing
37: YASMINKOV 7000V (10/0/0/0) - Mericus
38-39: Nothing
40: DRAGON SLAYER - Del Lily
41-43: Nothing
44: YAMIGARASU (0/0/10/5) - Ill Gill

4 Ill Gill (per run) x 44 runs = 176 Ill Gill

176 Ill Gill = 1 YAMIGARASU = about 0.056% chance
You got alot of monkey king bars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif can i have one?j/k

RoninJoku
Aug 29, 2003, 09:46 PM
FINALLY! THANK YOU! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif