PDA

View Full Version : Destroying things is fun!

Nai_Calus
Aug 28, 2003, 07:10 AM
Well, my not-at-all beloved half-broken comp Dork Boy X finally got completely broken(Mmm, fried processor) the other day, so to get revenge for all the crap it gave me in it's three or four years or so, I got out a screwdriver and ripped it completely apart and made sure stuff got broken.

I've learned a new-found hatred for Hewlett-Packard computers ripping one apart like that. Everything was nice and crammed in so tight you couldn't see the motherboard taking off the side panel, and no matter what the hell you tried, you couldn't remove the boxy thing the drives sat in to actually remove the frigging things... Stupid case design, I can open up Vol Opt and get that out immediately from him without any hassle whatsoever)

Finally got the floppy, CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives out, but I got the freaking motherboard out before the damned hard drive, which was finally accomplished by ripping off the front of the case and managing to slide the thing it sat in foward enough to reach the last screw(It had four, the other drives had three, the fourth wasn't acessable without, you guessed it, getting the drive bays out.)

LOL, it probably doesn't work anymore after that, which is a shame because I had some files on there I never got a chance to back them up because X couldn't successfully burn CDs anymore, and e-mailing multiple 50meg .psd files to yourself over dialup just doesn't work(Especially when the comp won't stay up long enough to actually send the damn things. >P). I'll have to see if Calus has room for another HD and try to slave it and see if it still works. Not holding my breath, though.

I don't regret anything else except the possible loss of the HD's data. I'm glad to see the miserable bastard die. And it's dead, alright, the case is destroyed, I broke the graphics card, lost half the screws and even managed to break something on the motherboard. Now for completeness I should just break everything to little bits and stomp on it and set it on fire. >P

I feel much better now. O_o;

Kent
Aug 28, 2003, 08:17 AM
Destroying stuff really does let some anger out quite nicely, and we all know how important that is.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Aug 28, 2003, 11:03 AM
Yes, breaking a couple of plates at the skeet club does the same for me.But planting trees also has the same effect for me. ^_^

Kizaragu
Aug 28, 2003, 12:34 PM
Talking about destroying Stuff I smashed up my PS2 real good yesterday.

On the fateful day In question I felt like doing something useful or meaningful on one of my now rare days off (Just started work Full time).
So of course there is nothing more worthwhile than a couple hours of Deus Ex on my PS2.
For some reason the PS2 wasn't responding at all. Everything was plugged in, Everything should've been working. Then to my Horror I noticed that my PS2 had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge crack down the side of it.
Cue loads of Cussing, Swearing and everything else that is wrong with the world today.
It then became quite apparent that my 13yr old Brother was the last person to use it (games left on the floor, game STILL in the playstation that I hadn't played for ages. (Second hand Copy of Matt Hoffman 2).
In my fury I Grabbed the PS2 (After several failed attempts at Cracking it open to get to the game inside) I took it outside, lifted it high up in the Air and SLAMMED it over and over again into the concrete floor. I then got a hammer bashed it a bit more, cue general kicking, Running over it on my brothers Bike and more swearing and cussing of my Brothers name.
Needless to say the game inside didn't survive (It looked like Tin Foil!) but It was kinda fun.

Anyway, it turned out it wasn't Exactly my brothers fault the PS2 had cracked and died... my 28inch TV isn't exactly what you'd call stable on my Chest of draws. My brother had turned on the Playstation and noticed there wasn't any sound. He went to the back of the TV and tried fiddling around with the scart. The TV losts its balance and CRUSHED the PS2. It all made sense, I didn't notice it before but a bit of the Casing on my TV now a crack on it from the impact of the fall. Serves me right though, I've been meaning to buy a proper stand for my TV for ages, but I kept putting it off. But Now I have to get a New PS2 aswell. (Gonna wait for the redesigned one which should be out soon)

Deus ex is gonna have to wait. I Should've got the superior PC copy...

hollowtip
Aug 28, 2003, 12:40 PM
Anyway, it turned out it wasn't Exactly my brothers fault the PS2 had cracked and died... my 28inch TV isn't exactly what you'd call stable on my Chest of draws. My brother had turned on the Playstation and noticed there wasn't any sound. He went to the back of the TV and tried fiddling around with the scart. The TV losts its balance and CRUSHED the PS2. It all made sense, I didn't notice it before but a bit of the Casing on my TV now a crack on it from the impact of the fall. Serves me right though, I've been meaning to buy a proper stand for my TV for ages, but I kept putting it off. But Now I have to get a New PS2 aswell. (Gonna wait for the redesigned one which should be out soon)

I'd still say he should pay for at least a little bit for replacing the console.

Captain_Dude
Aug 28, 2003, 12:44 PM
I have video of a guy destroying a PS2. He does everything from hitting it with a baseball bat to running over it with his car... Good watchin'.

I also have video of a guy shooting a lawnmower with an AK47.

*Note: In the video of the guy smashing the PS2 it's working completely fine. Up until he smashes it with his bat, that seems to be the time that the screen goes black. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-08-28 10:48 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Aug 29, 2003, 04:40 AM
Back when I was in like, 6th grade, I took a optional computer class after school. It wasn't really a computer class, as the only thing we had to work on was these old POS Apple II's. You know, the kind with no HDD or OS and you had to insert the disk before booting up to get it to run? We learned about the insides of them.. but didn't really get any practice using them. Most of our time, actually, was spent playing games.

Well one day, this guy brings in an old 286 that had crashed and died. We were going to open up the case and have a look inside, but unfortunately we didn't have any tools and the janitor had already left for the day. The only thing we could come across was an old sludge hammer - so we took the whole thing outside and beat it till it twisted enough to rig the case off. Unfortunately, most of the insides were demolished in the process.. so we had to play jig-saw puzzle to get it back in order and learn about it. Cleaning up and putting it back together wasn't much fun.. but goddamn was taking it apart with a sludgehammer ever fun.

I also used to have a bit of a tradition of taking my old broken consoles out in the back yard and blasting them apart with a .20 gauge shotgun until you could no longer find any recognizeable pieces left over. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I haven't done that in a long time now, as I've become a bit of a collector of game systems. The last one I destoryed was my GameGear after the LCD died - and with that we threw it into the ground about 4 times shattering the case.. stomped on it.. and then ran over it with the car.

Shimarisu
Aug 29, 2003, 10:03 AM
I smashed my Super Famicom after it crashed while saving my Dragon Quest 6 save, right before the last dungeon. Result: 40 hours of gameplay gone in a split second.

Now the casing was in good condition, but seeing as I had already taken the screws out so I could plug US carts in, I pulled the motherboard from the unit and stamped on it.

It had been playing up for some time, right from the point I first used it in fact. I can replace it with a tobacco stained unit for literally 50p in Japan, so I'll bring one back from Tokyo when I go next week. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- Shimarisu

Reenee
Aug 29, 2003, 10:08 AM
Us Mac users like to paintball peecees. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kanashimi
Oct 5, 2003, 08:07 PM
This whole topic makes me thing that I should've killed the Atari when it died after I tried to play Pac-Man last month...

Kanashimi
Oct 5, 2003, 08:08 PM
GAAH I can't spell... "makes me think" there. I have made up for my idiocy... *walks off to hit self in head with Gamecube box that still sits in basement (don't ask)*