PDA

View Full Version : Sense Plate...

Meppe
Aug 29, 2003, 06:18 AM
Heya!

A friend of mine managed to find one last night and he's lvl 84. Imagine his suprise when he notices the lvl req...

How come it's so high in this game compared to the previous ones? I mean, sensing traps ain't worth the 89 lvl increase.

If there's somebody out there that can shed some light on this i'd appriciate it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

VulpesMundi
Aug 29, 2003, 06:29 AM
You failed to mention that the Sense Plate has a base DFP and EVP of 30 apiece (before bonuses). It is now one of the worst armors in the game and not worth the trouble thanks to that level 141 requirement. As for the answer to your question: ST is STupid is the typical response. They weren't really thinking when they altered the Sense Plate, imo. Permanent Trap Vision isn't that important, that's for sure.

Meppe
Aug 29, 2003, 06:51 AM
Haha! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was kinda thinking that, but my friend was still hoping for something.. -_-;

Anyways, lot's of thanks for the answer.

rena-ko
Aug 29, 2003, 08:10 AM
hm, thanks for mention that...
so its no real need for my oran to hunt down mil lillies...

MaxBuster
Aug 29, 2003, 01:00 PM
I actually think the Sense Plate is pretty good. I mean, by the time you're able to equip it you'll be strong enough for Ultimates even without the extra DEF and EVP. I'd rather equip that, along with Cure/??? Items to make things easier.

Nani-chan
Aug 29, 2003, 01:04 PM
It's probably an bad attempt to make androids more appealing <.<;; lol

Nai_Calus
Aug 30, 2003, 12:33 AM
On 2003-08-29 06:10, rena-ko wrote:
hm, thanks for mention that...
so its no real need for my oran to hunt down mil lillies...

Well, unless you already have one(Or you're like me and not likely to -ever- meet the level requirement. ^^;), the Aura Field -Temple- ORAN Millies drop is nice.

Original poster: If your friend is ORAN and plans to make L101, tell him to eventually go hunt down Pouilly(Red) Slimes in Ult. They drop Guard Waves, which give quite nice DFP/EVP, have a manageable L101 requirement, have a somewhat understated and non-annoying visual effect, and aren't hard at all to get dropped.

Primrose
Aug 31, 2003, 02:04 PM
On Dreamcast there was a unit called Trap/Search and with that you were able to have the permanent trap sensing. On top of that, it was fairly easy to find, but now this item has been removed, hence the level requirement increase over the previous PSO games.
But the requirement of level 141 doesnt really make much sense. On the other hand MaxBuster aint wrong about the fact that by the time you reach that level, ultimate mode will be no real challenge anymore, so wouldnt it just be a nice bonus to have the ability to sense traps permanently?
oh well, might as well learn where the traps pop up and use normal trap visions...

but honestly, i have seen bigger jokes around, such as Ricos Glasses (has the same Trap/Search effect) and Chuchu Fever (no effect at all, just plain useless)

Neoluke12
Aug 31, 2003, 02:18 PM
I found one and traded it for a sacred cloth!!!!!! It had no slots, nor did the cloth.......!!!!