PDA

View Full Version : Posting of the PK tech will result in an instant ban. PK Th

Ambrai
Mar 27, 2001, 04:50 PM
Ok this is getting out of hand. I have locked 7 threads in the past 4 hours in relations to PK's and how-to's.

If anyone posts the real tech to PK they will be banned instantly. This will not be condoned or tolerated on these boards. If you want codes go somewhere else.

I have never cheated so I have a right to say that I will not tolerate the advocating of cheating on these boards by posting the PK tech.

I would rather have 500 lamers who know how than 5000.

Drahktar
Mar 27, 2001, 05:17 PM
Actually, considering the way it's done, it seems legit. Like the Sonic Team put it in there on purpose. *shrug*

Manifest
Mar 27, 2001, 06:49 PM
sticking your head in the sand isnt going to make it go away. The best way to approach something like this is by understanding how it works. Either to find a way to prevent it from happening to yourself, or by giving the average pk'er the fear of god. Why run around indiscriminately killing people if all of them can kill you too? and just for the record its not cheating, you dont use a game shark, and it seems to me like it was put in on purpose.

Glider
Mar 27, 2001, 07:52 PM
Do you really thing Sonic Team would spend all their time to make a co-op game, just to include a small little trick that few would know how to do? A trick that would kill you instantly giving you no warning whatsoever and no chance to defend yourself? If they ment to put this in, they would've made a mode where you actually fight, not a game where some kiddie comes in and kills everyone.

Maverick
Mar 27, 2001, 08:49 PM
Yeah, it seems more like a glitch than an intended "easter egg". But still, exploiting a glitch isn't "cheating" per se.

Too bad there's no freedom of information act on PSO. Haha. Seriously though, perhaps the best solution for this problem is getting the info out there to the general public. Once the "I know how to do something and you don't" thrill is taken away from the casual PK'er, and everyone knows how to PK, the random PKs will cease (or at least dwindle down). Censoring posts isn't going to help the problem any more/less than getting the information out there. It's not like I care anyway, I've got a droid and can't cast resta.

Manifest
Mar 27, 2001, 08:57 PM
On 2001-03-27 17:49, Maverick wrote:
Yeah, it seems more like a glitch than an intended "easter egg". But still, exploiting a glitch isn't "cheating" per se.

Too bad there's no freedom of information act on PSO. Haha. Seriously though, perhaps the best solution for this problem is getting the info out there to the general public. Once the "I know how to do something and you don't" thrill is taken away from the casual PK'er, and everyone knows how to PK, the random PKs will cease (or at least dwindle down). Censoring posts isn't going to help the problem any more/less than getting the information out there. It's not like I care anyway, I've got a droid and can't cast resta.

thats what Im sayin. the sooner we all know the sooner it will become passe. and we should at least be able to fight back. Its pretty sucky how some of the people at this place act like their opinion is the only one that matters.

Seutekh
Mar 27, 2001, 08:58 PM
GO AMBRAI!!!

It's about damn time.

You know, I'd jump on Amb. for not doing this sooner, but if it hadn't been for all of you uber-weiners out there jumping his ass for being "despotic" and "draconian," this would have happened long ago.

In short: Ambrai rules, Uber-weiners most obviously don't.

faceless
Mar 27, 2001, 09:01 PM
god help anyone that really thinks it will stop when everyone knows...
i'll try not to laugh at you, but i won't make any promises...

Manifest
Mar 27, 2001, 09:18 PM
Flame warning 1

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambrai on 2001-03-28 08:17 ]</font>

Drahktar
Mar 27, 2001, 09:58 PM
There are a few reason's I think the PK thing was included on purpose. Maybe some guy working on it slipped it in without the rest of the team knowing about it, but I'm pretty sure it was put there on purpose. I'd give a few reasons, but alas I cannot, for I would be banned.

As far as making the PK trick public, I see no problem with that. If I was playing with someone who wished to PK me, I'd just as soon have him do it so I know who I'm dealing with.

PKing is really not that much different from stealing, it just speeds up the process a little. I think everyone is just going to have to cope with the existance of PKing, and accept as part of the game. People who PK are the same as the assholes who steal or horde items. I don't think it's any worse. Getting PKed is annoying at worst. No worse than dying at the hands of a monster. It's what he does afterwards (steal or whatever) that's the real problem.

Everyone has this idea that dying is the worst thing that can happen to you when it really isn't. The game doesn't punish you for dying. It just gives others the chance to.

Seutekh
Mar 27, 2001, 10:32 PM
Manifest: you've been here a month.

Other than your recent post on "how to," I don't recognize the name. Had you been here a bit longer, perhaps you'd have noticed that I have no need to suck up... nor does anyone else.

What, is Ambrai gonna show up at my door and pat me on the back? Is he gonna delete all my posts if I don't? Is he gonna give me more leeway if I do? (Do I really need leeway? Other than answering questions or the occasional drunken rambling, I don't really put much on this board.)

As for the rest of you:
"I'll teach everyone to PK! Then it'll stop!" Erm... yeah. Play Diablo I much? Everyone knew how to and could PK... and hack, and cheat, and and and... I don't remember it EVER STOPPING. I do remember it getting far worse tho, until everyone just stopped playing.

Now I'm no going to call you stupid, or naive, or flame you. But look at the examples of online RPGs. the miscreants were always there, but the more accessible the tools to be an ass were, the worse and more numerous they got.

Spy
Mar 28, 2001, 04:02 AM
While I do believe that PK'ing is bad, unless is was intentionally programed, which in PSO I doubt it was, I think it's wrong to hold back the information, or to share it with a select few.

You, Glider, said that somebody, Watashiwa or whoever, did it to you as a joke, and told you how to do it. Why are you more deserving of that knowledge than I, or anyone else who reads the contents of this site? Why are people of high stature around here using this technique, even if it's only playing around with friends? And more importantly, why are they, and you, practically bragging that you have the information in the first place, seemingly teasing the rest of us?

And people ask me what I have against PSO World...

Light-Weaver
Mar 28, 2001, 06:07 AM
I think there are a big lot of butt heads out there. And when one of them desides that it's getting kinda boring killing monsters. Heshe'll deside that Player Killing and stealing would be fun. And the more people who have knowledge of how to do this, the more people will deside their getting kinda board.

Why would letting everyone know about this solve the problem? Even if it does become not as cool to PK. It still gives the thief a faster way to steal.

Mr_White
Mar 28, 2001, 06:46 AM
While I agree with Ambrai's decision to ban the PK information from this board, I really don't think it will make any difference. By suppressing this knowledge on the board we are trying to put the Player Killing genie back into the bottle, an impossible task. Whether it happens today, tomorrow, or next week, eventually everyone who plays the game will know how to kill everyone else. Now that the technique has been discovered, there is no way to undiscover it. Face it everyone, the bugs/easter eggs in PSO, whether intentional or unintentional, have turned a great game on it's ear by enabling players to abuse each other.

ninjabenja
Mar 28, 2001, 07:33 AM
I don't know what game most of you are playing, but the PSO game that I play is quickly getting ruined by losers who go around stealing and duping. By putting this PK info out, guess what?! Yep, the game gets ruined more. The less this info is spread, the fewer losers going around ruining the game for you and me. This is a very fun game, lets not change that by spreading, and using, this useless flaw. Those of you who think this info is priviliged and special, remember this: the ONLY thing this info does is ruin another gamer's fun. THAT IS ALL IT DOES.

Spy
Mar 28, 2001, 07:39 AM
Ninjabenja, who are you to decide that the PK information will degrade an allready degraded game? Everyone should be allowed to have an his or her own opinion, and decide for themselves what they want to do with the information, not some Guestopo organization.

Maximum-Burst
Mar 28, 2001, 07:39 AM
Well certain types of glitches I guess are illegal so to speak. Observe in a MVC2 tourney you are not allowed to do the gambit glitch. If you do it you are automatically disqualified from the tournament.

Lucidservant
Mar 28, 2001, 08:05 AM
What if PKing was an included feature on PSO version 2? Would there be a question of a glitch then? Ahh, the possibilities.

TylerFrost
Mar 28, 2001, 08:33 AM
Spy......... Ninja is expressing his personal opinion...

The question is; WHO ARE YOU TO TELL HIM HE CAN'T?

Everyone has different views, none of them are correct in the eye to another and if you don't like hearing them, resist the urge to write back a arrogant comment!

This is MY view!

--TF--

Drahktar
Mar 28, 2001, 09:11 AM
What's the deal with all you guys? Am I the only one capable of having fun in the current enviornment? Sure sounds like it. I don't let PKers and thieves to ruin my game. What's the worst they can do? Take my weapon, big deal. If I ever am playing with someone I don't trust yet, I use some generic weapon I could care less about.

OK, has anyone here ever played Quest for Glory 4 BEFORE the patch that made the game beatable? I have. I found bugs to get around bugs that had halted my advancement in the game. I faced them as a challenge. Sure it was incredibly frustrating at times (the game was actually unbeatable until patched) I still enjoyed it. This PK "bug" is far more tolerable than most all of those other bugs I dealt with in QfG4.

Ugh, anyway, what I'm trying to say is that PKing can't ruin this game unless you let it. Just keep it in mind while your playing with strangers and try to keep it's damage to a minimum.

You all need to grow up.

Danger_Girl
Mar 28, 2001, 09:23 AM
HAHAHAHA....are you kidding me? In two weeks or less everyone will know. trust me. The "secrit" has already spread to half the players I've talked to. The word is out. Some things cannot be kept a secrit. If you really want to know the secrit, ask in any lobby. Chances are someone will tell you. Hopefully they can fix it soon anyway. If not, ver 2 comes out in a few months. Until then beware in public games.

Neojin
Mar 28, 2001, 10:20 AM
Agree Drahktar...

Whats the deal Spy? You have never taken this stance before. What happend to, play with people you know, lock your games etc.

Guess what, I dont know, and hey I DONT CARE. I play with people I know, in locked games. I've never been stole from, PKed in one of those games. Yes perhaps some of my "legit" friends arent using quite so legit items, however without hard proof that is up to their own concience to use or not use them.

I think Ambrai's stance is one of safety, more than protecting "Big Brother". I could be wrong Spy but it sounds like your just pissed you dont know, and I know thats one of your pet peaves, having information withheld from ya http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

In short, you know some of your friends know, i'm sure they will tell you if they truely are your friends, or maybe if you look at it like I do...they WONT tell you if they are your friends.

I think its been said before, first time they do it, sorta funny...second time they do it, very annoying...third or more, obviously not a friend or very imature.

Dont forget people this has been linked to several BSoD and other mishaps, so why are we permoting it? Thats right, PSO World isnt for obvious reasons.

jett862
Mar 28, 2001, 10:59 AM
Well Im going to tell you Pking isnt a glitch its aaaa (if I told you Id get banned). I think we should have ways to defend ourselves, cus ive been pk'ed at least 50 times! To say im mad is an understatement!

Excalibur
Mar 28, 2001, 11:02 AM
Hello all

I read this thread... My first though was 'Hey, that can't be. Are we at a point, we can't share informations anymore?'
But with my second though, I was going to see the background of it..

For one point.. Not sharing infos is the same worse as to PKing legit players.
For the other point...
It's a protection for the legit player, that they don't have to be too afraid of PKing.

What I'm trying to say with my poor english is, we play the game for the fun it gives, to meet people who will share the fun..

But the point with protected games..

How can a newbie make "friends" when he is a newbie and knows nowone??
It's the same with the chicken and the egg. What came first??? And how can you get the password for protected games, when you don't have any guild cards and can't mail??

I'm sure that I was PKed and they robbed me, but I can't turn the time back and make it undone.. I just have to life with it.. and I can life with it..

So, thats my point of view..
Do what you wanna do, but I will have fun with PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

greetings from switzerland
Excalibur

IceBlink
Mar 28, 2001, 11:18 AM
I guess I've been lucky so far. Only two person has tried to PK me (both times level 100), and both ended up PKing themselves somehow. ^_^;; Needless to say, I abandoned the game quickly... without resurrecting them... ^_^;;

I don't know how to PK, nor do I want to learn, either. So... ^_^

Ambrai
Mar 28, 2001, 11:30 AM
It's really simple.

1) With half a brain you can find out how in the time it takes to load the PSO World boards at 5pm.

2) It's a concious thing (ignore my spelling). The information is wide spread, but that doesn't mean I have to advocate its use by allowing posts about it. If you want to discuss it the GSCCC Boards will warmly welcome you. It's the same thing as posting GS Codes here.

3) PSO World does not advocate the use/implimentation of any code/technique that degrades the PSO gaming world.

purhaze
Mar 28, 2001, 11:38 AM
i hope sega fixes this soon, if they can, its not just that they can take your weapon, my friend and i were PKed the other night, and he was at the teliporter guess what happen, yep he lost all of his stuff bank and all, this is not legit, why would they include somthing that would cause this?

Gericault
Mar 28, 2001, 11:42 AM
Anyone who thinks this was programmed in intentionally is either

1) Using it themself and trying to justify their forays into the wide and wonderful world of being a fucking asshole, or

2) Having someone else type up their messages for them, as they are clearly too stupid to operate a keyboard.

Lmnopia
Mar 28, 2001, 12:01 PM
i got three words for you

1.crazed
2.japanese
3Quak

Manifest
Mar 28, 2001, 03:07 PM
On 2001-03-27 19:32, Seutekh wrote:
Manifest: you've been here a month.

um. so have you.
Whats with this elitest attitude some of you have? Like you are more fit to have information than the rest of us? how do I know it wasnt one of you who pked me and stole my weapon? and ambrai all "flames" aside, by modding arent you supposed to help keep this board alive? because posts are hits, and hits are the revenue of this site. The more people are chastised for posting information that ALL players should have the fewer people are going to post here.

Neojin
Mar 28, 2001, 03:50 PM
Actualy Manifest last time I checked this site was donated space from Tommeeboy and none of us pay anything to use it. So no matter if 1000 people post here or 10, its up to him if he wasnt to keep PSO world here or not.

There is no "elitist" attitude, Seu was just saying that if you were hear longer and knew him better you would not come to that conclusion. I dont know the proper way to PK, sure ive seen and had offers to learn. But it is my personal choice not to know, and I dont blame others for not telling me, if anything I thank them. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I do agree with you some (not your hostility and calling people hypercites) but with the IP thing, if we were to do malicious things to them that way we are no better. I just think your point would be better taken if you would tone it down some and present your side with a more calm and dignified stance.

Socrates
Mar 28, 2001, 04:55 PM
"While I do believe that PK'ing is bad, unless is was intentionally programed, which in PSO I doubt it was, I think it's wrong to hold back the information, or to share it with a select few."

Would such a trick actually possible in the real world -- say, some previously-unknown pressure point that was relatively easy to do -- would you advocate everyone and their brother knowing how to possibly kill someone? I'm guessing not, but regardless, the point of it is that potentially dangerous information should only be given to people who have the abilty to handle it responsibility. While I will admit that such a determination to begin with is somewhat of a subjective thing, simply providing it for across-the-board public consumption virtually guarantees that a lot of people that cannot handle it responsibily is going to know about it.

As an example, for all the digital sewage that Codemaster and his hacker crew have spewed out onto PSO, I do have to give them credit for being responsible with the PK code and not releasing it, even thought they are all aware of how it (and several non-standard methods of PKing) are done. Why have they not released those codes? Because they know the vasy majority of people will not be able to handle it responsibly.

"By suppressing this knowledge on the board we are trying to put the Player Killing genie back into the bottle, an impossible task."

Agreed, but there is the possibility that while it won't put the cap back on the bottle, it can at least stem the flow until SEGA can implement a way to fix the bottle to begin with.

Which is better? Letting a fire burn out of control while waiting for the rain, or trying to set up firebreaks to contain it while waiting?

Manifest
Mar 28, 2001, 05:38 PM
On 2001-03-28 12:50, Neojin wrote:
Actualy Manifest last time I checked this site was donated space from Tommeeboy and none of us pay anything to use it. So no matter if 1000 people post here or 10, its up to him if he wasnt to keep PSO world here or not.

There is no "elitist" attitude, Seu was just saying that if you were hear longer and knew him better you would not come to that conclusion. I dont know the proper way to PK, sure ive seen and had offers to learn. But it is my personal choice not to know, and I dont blame others for not telling me, if anything I thank them. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I do agree with you some (not your hostility and calling people hypercites) but with the IP thing, if we were to do malicious things to them that way we are no better. I just think your point would be better taken if you would tone it down some and present your side with a more calm and dignified stance.

maybe you misunderstood me. by stating that I havent been here long when he himself had only been registered 2 weeks longer than I, he was obviously copping an elitist attitude. Sure I may not post as much, but I read damn near everything, and was an unregistered reader of these boards for quite some time before I decided to post. and personally? it did look like sucking up to me. it wasnt intended as a flame. (which seem to be tolerated when some post them) Just an opinion. By keeping the pk trick hidden from most posters here you are hurting each and everyone of them. I have gotten the pk trick, and know how to prevent it. instant message me and I will tell you all. everyone deserves to be able to protect themselves.